/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blog

PouringRain
05-09-2011, 01:50 AM
I just wanted to share my new blog. I am not normally a blog-person, but since someone sent me a new qur'an about a month ago and I promised I would read through it this summer, I thought making a blog would be a good way to share my progress, make comments, ask questions, etc. If anyone is interested, it is here: http://yeshmayin.wordpress.com/

I don't have much posted yet. There shouldn't be any personal info. on it, and I also set it so that individuals can comment without being registered and without having to put any personal information. (This is my first blog, so if any of that is messed up, then please let me know. My intention is not to share personal info. nor to gather any.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-09-2011, 02:33 AM
That sounds pretty cool :D
I'll be looking forward to reading your first entry so keep us updated on when that occurs! (:

PouringRain
05-09-2011, 03:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
That sounds pretty cool :D
I'll be looking forward to reading your first entry so keep us updated on when that occurs! (:
I did post a little already. If you click on "blog" on the site, or on "qur'an" on the right side, then you can see my posts so far.

In the future I would also like to share when I read other things also. The individual who sent me this new Qur'an also sent me The Sealed Nectar, so that book is also in my short list of things to read. Right now I don't know how much or how little time I will have for reading this summer. A couple of months ago I got some books at a library sale that also look interesting. One is on women in the history of Islam and one is on female reverts to Islam.

But for now I have only started the Qur'an.

MustafaMc
05-09-2011, 03:35 AM
I congratulate you on your reading the Quran. I went several years myself as a Muslim without reading it from cover-to-cover.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PouringRain
06-08-2012, 03:18 AM
I just wanted to give an update that I have resumed reading the Qur'an this summer and blogging my questions, comments, and progress. My break was much longer than I anticipated! This summer I plan on finishing.

PouringRain
07-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Just an update for anyone who is interested:

I have restarted the Qur'an with the Yusuf Ali translation, and I am also reading Maariful Quran side by side. I am providing notes of each reading I do, so if anyone has ever wanted to read Maariful, but been intimidated by the sheer voluminous size of it, then perhaps you will find my brief notes beneficial.

http://yeshmayin.wordpress.com/categ...rrent-reading/

patientgrace
07-13-2012, 06:18 PM
PouringRain,

I enjoy your blogs and I love how you are able to decipher and interpret the meanings to break them down for an easier understanding to those of us who are interested in learning more of the Qur'an.

:thumbs_up

~Zaria~
07-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Greetings sister Pouring Rain,

I have just browsed briefly through your blog - God willingly, when I find more time, I would like to read through it more.

Although I cant really comment on what you have posted thus far, I just wanted to express how absolutely impressed and amazed I am at this effort!

As a muslim, born into this religion, I think I can speak on behalf of many others when I say that it is WE who are at a loss:

-> For taking our imaans (beliefs) for granted......to such a point, that after many years of 'practising' Islam, many possess such LIMITED knowledge about something that should be so important to us.

It is a shame onto us.

Recently, I attended a weekend workshop on Dawah by Ustadh Hamza Tzortis

(He can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai7BVrY6zP8 <-- Really moving 6mins; I highly recommend all to watch, insha Allah!)

He reverted to Islam almost 8 years ago.

Yet, there he was - lecturing to an audience of muslim brothers and sisters, who should be in a position of far greater knowledge of this deen counting by their years in the fold of Islam.

It gave me something to think about.

And again, now - when I read this thread.

YOU are a motivation for all believers (and non-believers) on this forum!

If YOU can dedicate so much time and effort to understanding the Quraan......what is everyone elses excuse?

May Allah reward you abundantly my dear sister.
And may He make the path to the truth easy for you.
May He open your heart and pour His light and mercy upon you.
AMEEN!

Thank you for sharing this with us.

God bless.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!