/* */

PDA

View Full Version : salaams great site but confusing!? :S

adz89
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
assalamualaykum, i have been searching for literally months where i can come onto a site and ask questions to learn more about islam. i used to use islamonline.net but that for some reason i think has got shut down or is not available in english any more. islamqa is a good site but so difficult to ask a question! there's askimam.org but not too sure about their aqeedah...

just wondering how do i ask questions on this site as im a new member i know i have restrictions how do i go about it?! thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Danah
05-11-2011, 03:45 PM
:wa:

First, welcome to Islamicboard, I hope you will have a beneficial stay here. Second, you need to have 50 posts to be a full member, but you still can ask your questions in many sections here.

Just go through the forum's sections and see the section that will fit your question and post away. If it says that you are still a limited member then you need to post in other sections till you get your 50 posts.

You can ask your questions in many sections here such as:
Clarifications about Islam
Discover Islam
Aqeedah

جوري
05-11-2011, 04:46 PM
I do myself wonder what became of Islamonline.net..I feel very disappointed that it got shut down..

:welcome: aboard.. the site can be confusing at first but you'll figure it out.. I am afraid we don't have any scholars on board though and we're all here to learn..

:w:

al yunan
05-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Walaikum Assalam brother,

Welcome to I.B and I hope you find your stay here benefical for you and us.
As for questions everything under the sun even food, health and humour and the most improtant thing of all good company.

Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
adz89
05-11-2011, 05:45 PM
jazakallah 4 ur input, wow it feels nice being around genuinely nice muslims who are willing to give up their time to help out other people...dont know why i havent come across this site before feels like ive been missing out! dont know how im going to get to 50 posts i dont have much islamic knowledge lol...hmm..

Alpha Dude
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Welcome. Just so you know, this site doesn't have scholars answering questions like some of the other websites you mentioned. It's just ordinary people who may know enough to advise. Just be careful if your intention is to seek scholarly knowledge. :)

Woodrow
05-11-2011, 07:02 PM
:sl:

Welcome to the forums feel free to ask any questions. We will do our best to answer. You may notice we have very many topics here. Although we are an Islamic forum we have members of many faiths here and feel there is room for anybody who comes in peace. For that reason we do have very many and very diverse topics being discussed.

Muhammad
05-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum brother adz,

Welcome to the forum. It is nice to have you here.

See this link for restrictions on members who have less than 50 posts: http://www.islamicboard.com/faq.php?...imited_mem_ber

You will find that even as a limited member, you should still be able to post in most sections and ask your questions there. Don't worry if you choose the wrong section - a moderator will move it where they think it's best suited and leave a redirect for others to see.

You can also reach your way to 50 posts by posting about a variety of topics not necessarily relating to Islam, even participating in some games like: http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134280161

Have a beneficial stay Insha'Allaah. :)

Amanda
05-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Welcome... and don't worry, it doesn't take long to reach the 50 posts, although I remember thinking it was a daunting number too! :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!