/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I knew Bin Laden-Must Watch

ابن آل مرة
05-11-2011, 11:44 PM
http://english.aljazeera.net/program...338715787.html

"An insight into Osama bin Laden's life through the eyes of people who knew him and met him."

On May 2, 2011, Barack Obama, the US president, announced that Osama bin Laden, the al-Qaeda leader, was shot dead in a raid by US special forces on a compound about 60km north of Islamabad, Pakistan's capital.

The death of bin Laden ends a ten-year manhunt for the world's most wanted man.

Before his death, the last known sighting of bin Laden by anyone other than his very close entourage was in late 2001 - as he prepared to flee his stronghold in Afghanistan. However, in subsequent years he issued several video and audio messages.

How did Bin Laden develop his political agenda? And how did this Saudi-born son of a rich construction magnate - who joined guerrillas in Afghanistan fighting the Soviet Union - emerge to become one of the most feared men in the world?
Ahmad Zaidan, Al Jazeera Arabic's Islamabad correspondent, interviews a range of people including Taliban commandos, former Mujahideen leaders, Pakistani officials, and journalists who all relate their memories of and insights into the al-Qaeda leader.
He speaks to people who are able to debunk some of the myths and describe some of the characteristics of the man who was Osama bin Laden - a man denounced by enemies as a religious fanatic and a terrorist and praised by supporters as a leader fighting Western aggression and subservient Arab regimes.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ابن آل مرة
05-12-2011, 10:40 AM

Zafran
05-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Salaam

Its preety shocking that the guys were killed at the end -

Bin Laden wanted to fight the US and well he Got what was coming

Intresting documentery.

peace

GuestFellow
05-12-2011, 04:53 PM
^ Salaam,

I can't watch the documentary because my laptop is not working properly but I do think it was suicidal to directly engage in a war with America. They should have tried to gather support and topple the dictators within their own countries....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
KAding
05-12-2011, 05:50 PM
Good documentary. It didn't talk much about the actual origins of "Al-Qaeda" though. What was this group exactly?

Ramadhan
05-13-2011, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by KAding
Good documentary. It didn't talk much about the actual origins of "Al-Qaeda" though. What was this group exactly?
Isn't it a very mysterious group, and it seems only the CIA knows what Al Qaeda is.

Dagless
05-13-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah it was sad those guys at the end were killed :(
It's amazing that Bin Laden actually said he was not responsible for the embassy bombings or 9/11 but nobody ever reports this. I mean he might have been lying but surely it should be mentioned!

btw naidamar did you disable your own account? :D

Ramadhan
05-13-2011, 02:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dagless
btw naidamar did you disable your own account?

I was a victim of a booby-trapped mutant-robot. :exhausted

KAding
05-13-2011, 01:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

Isn't it a very mysterious group, and it seems only the CIA knows what Al Qaeda is.
Not really. All these people in the documentary seemed to know what it was. Not one of them seemed to doubt that it exists. They didn't talk much about its origins though.

Zafran
05-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Not really. All these people in the documentary seemed to know what it was. Not one of them seemed to doubt that it exists. They didn't talk much about its origins though.
"Al qeada" is a not one orgainstaion and it certanly doesnt have a serious command system - the followers of Bin Laden are not that many max going upto to 200 to 300 people - what is widespread is the tactics which have inspired many people - you dont sign up for al qeada you just use the same tactics they use.

Ofcourse it talks about the origins - it actually seems to show Bin Laden as following al zawhiri. - It also talks about the US and pakistan helping out Bin Laden and the arab fighters during the afghan war.

MIL0
05-14-2011, 10:16 PM
i was just about to post this video

GuestFellow
05-14-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure about the origins either. Some claim Sayyid Qutb ideas influenced these people. I think he was a member of the Muslim Brotherhood group but was executed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!