/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friday Jum'aa

Ubeyde
05-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum warahmutallahi wa barakatu

Dear Respected Brothers/ Sisters and Elders,

I would like to ask if I may the following question:

Background: In my local College, we have decided to do Jum'aa prayers this Friday Inshallah as it is Fardh and going to college means that we will miss it- (researched the following teachings and we are following the Hanafi Madhab of Jum'aa).

Question: In the Khutbah- is it entirely neccesary to do it in Arabic? Or is it permissable to do it just in english?

Jazakarallah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ubeyde
Asalaamu Alaykum warahmutallahi wa barakatu

Dear Respected Brothers/ Sisters and Elders,

I would like to ask if I may the following question:

Background: In my local College, we have decided to do Jum'aa prayers this Friday Inshallah as it is Fardh and going to college means that we will miss it- (researched the following teachings and we are following the Hanafi Madhab of Jum'aa).

Question: In the Khutbah- is it entirely neccesary to do it in Arabic? Or is it permissable to do it just in english?

Jazakarallah Khair
Asalaamu Alaikum, The way Jumma should be done is the following:

1. There should be a minimum or four brothers including imaam there along with sisters.

2. Do the first adhan and then let everyone pray 4 raka'a Sunnah.

3. Then do a speech in a language that everyone understands and it should be inspiring and motivating as well as a reminder for all present on their duties as Muslims.

3. After the speech is done then the second adhaan is given and after that it is incumbant that a minimal Arabic khutba (of 2 parts) is given.

So the Khateeb should stand in front of the people and He should praise Allah Ta'ala (Tahmeed), send salutations on Nabi (Salawaat). Thereafter, recite the Shahaadatayn and then merely recite one or two verses from the Qur'an. Then he should sit and pause for about ten seconds or so and then stand again and do exactly the same in the second Khutbah, reciting maybe a different verse and also making a short du'a in the Khutbah for all the believers.

4. After that the Iqaamah should be said and then 2 Raka'a fard of Jummah should be read with the imaam.

Afterwards 4 raka'a Sunnah, 2 Raka'a Sunnah and 2 Raka'a Nafil should be prayed.

Read the following:

Friday prayers on campus

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=1179&CATE=4

If you need some help on Khutbas then you can find it here:

http://khutbahbank.org.uk/category/type/khutbah/feed/

If you need anymore help or advice then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Ubeyde
05-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Awesome answer Jazakarallah Khair

Just one thing- do we need to present in Arabic especially the first part of the Khutbah.

Hamza Asadullah
05-13-2011, 04:31 PM
The speech does not need to be presented in Arabic however you should start of with the name of Allah and praise Allah and send salutations on the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam and then conduct your speech. Then after the second adhan you do the two part arabic khutba as mentioned above.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!