/* */

PDA

View Full Version : NATO killed 11 imams in their sleep

Ramadhan
05-14-2011, 02:59 AM
Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi rooji'uun. May Allah SWT grant them jannah.

ELEVEN Muslim clerics in Libya have been killed in their sleep by a NATO airstrike on the eastern oil town of Brega, a government spokesman says.
The spokesman says the clerics were among a large group of imams who had gathered in Brega to pray for peace in conflict-ridden Libya.

He said 11 imams were killed on Friday and 50 people wounded, including five in critical condition.

There was no immediate comment from NATO, which has been intensifying airstrikes in many parts of Libya against troops and installations of Muammar Gaddafi's regime in a bid to weaken his campaign against a rebel uprising.

One of the recent strikes hit Gaddafi's main compound in Tripoli, the capital, and more strikes were carried out Friday.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226055725428

11 Libyan Muslim clerics killed in NATO strike: spokesman
http://www.spacewar.com/reports/11_L...esman_999.html

Libya's government said 11 Muslim religious leaders on a peace mission were killed early Friday in an airstrike by the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in the contested coastal city of Brega. The account couldn't be verified, but it prompted a Libyan cleric to call on the world's Muslims to kill in revenge.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...400601952.html

A NATO airstrike in an eastern Libyan city killed 11 Muslim clerics and injured 50 other people, Libya's state television said Friday. NATO said the jet fighters hit a command-and-control centre used by Muammar Gaddafi's forces.
By News Wires (text)

REUTERS - Eleven Muslim clerics were killed in their sleep by a NATO airstrike Friday on the eastern oil town of Brega, a Libyan government spokesman said.
The spokesman, Moussa Ibrahim, says the clerics were among a large group of imams who had gathered in Brega to pray for peace in conflict-ridden Libya. He said 11 imams were killed and 50 people wounded, including five in critical condition.
http://www.france24.com/en/20110513-...te-television#

Where's that trumble etc now who taunted me for saying that the western countries would get actively militarily involved in Libya after the Obama's Libya speech?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
05-14-2011, 03:33 AM
inna lillahi wa inna lilayhi rajiun

i don't think that any of the "powers that be" care an iota about the people of Libya, the oil maybe.

al yunan
05-14-2011, 04:41 AM

Assalamu alaikum to all brothers and sisters,

Maybe now some of us will understand better why we should never ever ask the Kafir for help.
They will happily helps us to extinction.
Who ignores Allah S.W.T's Firman and then expects pity ?
Truly another black day for the Ummah.

May Allah S.W.T keep us steadfast to his commands.

Masalam

Abdul-Raouf
05-14-2011, 04:49 AM
Inna Lillahi WaInna Ilaihi Raji'oon

Knowledge (Knowledge of Deen) is depreciating....World is getting darker.

May ALLAH destroy the people who wants to destroy the truth.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Flame of Hope
05-14-2011, 05:12 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
ELEVEN Muslim clerics in Libya have been killed in their sleep by a NATO airstrike on the eastern oil town of Brega, a government spokesman says.
Innalillahi wa inna ilayhi raajioon.

I'll remember this when I go to sleep tonight.....there's no guarantee I'll wake up next morning.

Jazakallah khair for the reminder.

Amira_Zelda
05-14-2011, 05:43 AM
I cant believe this !! innalillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon.... !!!

:( I wish i can do something to help !! How is NATO not responding to this ???

al yunan
05-14-2011, 06:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amira_Zelda
I wish i can do something to help

Assalamu Alaikum sister,

Rasulullah s.a.w Inshallah said "When two groups of Muslims fight each other a Believer should grab hold of a tree" (not ad verbum) This Hadith has been explained to mean that a Believer should not involve himself by taking sides in such a fight. Should one be able to help to bring peace yes to help fight never.

What we all who live so far can do is Dua to Allah S.W.T to bring peace.

Masalam

Predator
05-14-2011, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

Where's that trumble etc now who taunted me for saying that the western countries would get actively militarily involved in Libya after the Obama's Libya speech?
Ran away like a beaten dog with his tail between his legs

Allah gives the answer in (Surah Isra Chapter.17, Verse No.81)

When truth is hurled against Falsehood, falsehood perishes,for falsehood is By its nature bound to perish.”

CosmicPathos
05-14-2011, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Assalamu Alaikum sister,

Rasulullah s.a.w Inshallah said "When two groups of Muslims fight each other a Believer should grab hold of a tree" (not ad verbum) This Hadith has been explained to mean that a Believer should not involve himself by taking sides in such a fight. Should one be able to help to bring peace yes to help fight never.

What we all who live so far can do is Dua to Allah S.W.T to bring peace.

Masalam
interesting hadith. what about the hadith in which jihad is obligatory?

Trumble
05-14-2011, 07:12 AM
I see... so we can never believe what the evil Zionist Western press says, but anything from a Libyan Government spokesman (i.e. Gaddafi mouthpiece) is accepted without question? I guess he just forget to mention the orphanage, hospital and.. of course, inevitable baby milk factory that also got targeted in the vicious NATO assault against civilians to make sure they are dead before Gaddafi starts shelling their homes again.

Can I sell anyone London Bridge, this morning? Or maybe just a book of fairy stories?

Perseveranze
05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
You do you know Trumble is a troll and your just talking into it lol.

Regarding the story, this has been happening for a while, there were some interviews with the rebels who said they "demand an apology". At the end of the day, it's sad to say but they have to tolerate this kind of stuff because no Muslim army is going to help them.

Woodrow
05-14-2011, 04:03 PM
What I can not understand is how and why NATO is even involved? UN forces I could disagree with but at least understand why it would be UN troops. But the North African coastal Nations should be of no concern to NATO. Unless somebody changed the rules of the game and NATO is no longer what it was supposed to be. NATO was supposed to be a mutual protection organization and if any member country was attacked, the others would come to it's defense; there are currently 28 member Nations.

Albania
Belgium
Bulgaria
Canada
Croatia
Czech Rep
Denmark
Estonia
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Turkey
United Kingdom
United States

Would somebody please tell me which NATO country was attacked by Libya.

On a side note the NATO official page says it bombed a command and control bunker in Brega SOURCE, for some odd reason they seem to be avoiding saying anything about any Imams.

Trumble
05-14-2011, 04:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
What I can not understand is how and why NATO is even involved? UN forces I could disagree with but at least understand why it would be UN troops.
That would be because Gaddafi was busy killing his own people, and somebody actually gave a sh*t. The UN has no 'forces', and uses what nation states are prepared to make available. The forces are acting according to a UN mandate, but as they are NATO forces it obviously makes sense to use existing C&C arrangements rather than watch people die while sorting out new ones and waiting for the order of blue hats and paint to arrive. Of course, should anybody else step up to plate no doubt suitable accomodation would be made. Some chance.

On a side note the NATO official page says it bombed a command and control bunker in Brega SOURCE, for some odd reason they seem to be avoiding saying anything about any Imams.
For some odd reason, they probably have nothing to say on the subject. They are no position to confirm they didn't kill any civilians, Imams or not. I doubt even the idiot element would claim they targeted Imams, and denying they did would only add credibility to what is most likely a complete fairy story.

جوري
05-14-2011, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
I see... so we can never believe what the evil Zionist Western press says, but anything from a Libyan Government spokesman (i.e. Gaddafi mouthpiece) is accepted without question? I guess he just forget to mention the orphanage, hospital and.. of course, inevitable baby milk factory that also got targeted in the vicious NATO assault against civilians to make sure they are dead before Gaddafi starts shelling their homes again.

Can I sell anyone London Bridge, this morning? Or maybe just a book of fairy stories?
This tid bit of news wasn't released by Al CIAda tribunal was it? The problem here is that when it is Muslim life lost it is negligible and not worthy of a comment.. and we see that daily even prior to 911 as it is often used as a justification to kill millions but what of Sudan 1998 - US bombs Aspirin Factory in Khartoum killing civilians, or Iraq 1990 - US randomly bombs civilian areas. Blockades Iraqi ports, allows no humanitarian or medical aid. est. 10,000 Iraqi's starve/die monthly as result or Lebanon 1982-84 - US bombs and shells Muslim positions, expels PLO from territory. just to name a few.. If it isn't coming to you followed by a hooters and beer commercial it doesn't stick I understand. And when it is one of yours killed even in so-called friendly fire it is a good story for sensationalism, turn it around and make him/her a hero and concoct a story since the average westerner is a birdbrain ready to imbue whatever is dished out on his tele.. but when too many folks question, come up with a different story all together or just focus on a non-point and let the rabid dogs out for loudness has more sustainability than truth!

best,

Scimitar
05-14-2011, 04:59 PM

Are you actually gonna contribute, or remain the butt of the joke here? Seriously, post relevant questions or debates or keep quiet. This is no place for trolls.

Trumble
05-14-2011, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Are you actually gonna contribute, or remain the butt of the joke here? Seriously, post relevant questions or debates or keep quiet. This is no place for trolls.
I believe I have contributed. Perhaps you might actually comment regarding the point I raised? It's a very simple question; why is the content of Western media immediately condemned as Zionist, anti-Islamic or whatever lies and propaganda while the completely uncorroborated report from a regime loathed by most of it's own citizens, let alone everybody else, and now increasingly desperate is accepted as truth without question?

Are you 'gonna' actually answer? If not, 'seriously' keep your moronic comments to yourself and shove your idiotic instructions where the sun never shines. Nope, I'm not the most popular poster here.. I tend to post stuff people find uncomfortable to read on occasion as it doesn't fit in with their cosy world view. You do not, however, accumulate over 3,000 posts here by being a 'troll' whether you are a muslim or not.

Now isn't it past your bed time?

Woodrow
05-14-2011, 05:59 PM
That would be because Gaddafi was busy killing his own people, and somebody actually gave a sh*t. The UN has no 'forces', and uses what nation states are prepared to make available. The forces are acting according to a UN mandate, but as they are NATO forces it obviously makes sense to use existing C&C arrangements rather than watch people die while sorting out new ones and waiting for the order of blue hats and paint to arrive. Of course, should anybody else step up to plate no doubt suitable accomodation would be made. Some chance.
While the intent may have been noble the means is a misuse of the original purpose of NATO. It is also an injustice to the NATO members. If at this moment some country did attack one of the NATO members, this reduces the recources that could be used to defend that NATO member.

For some odd reason, they probably have nothing to say on the subject. They are no position to confirm they didn't kill any civilians, Imams or not. I doubt even the idiot element would claim they targeted Imams, and denying they did would only add credibility to what is most likely a complete fairy story.
Looking back at my comment, this reply makes sense. I just relised my comment was no different from asking a man if he had stopped beating his wife.

Trumble
05-14-2011, 06:22 PM
While the intent may have been noble the means is a misuse of the original purpose of NATO.
Such interventions are not part of the original, or indeed current purpose of NATO, I agree. However, Libya is not a NATO operation, it is a UN sanctioned operation involving forces from NATO member countries (effectively) exclusively. As that is the case, it simply makes no sense to ignore existing NATO C&C structures. Doing so would be putting a semantic quibble ahead of operational efficiency... not good enough when your people are putting their lives on the line.

It is also an injustice to the NATO members. If at this moment some country did attack one of the NATO members, this reduces the recources that could be used to defend that NATO member.
True. But the same argument, if accepted, would necessarily prohibit any military action by any NATO member country anywhere other or doing anything other than defending their own territory from an aggressor, whether operating under the NATO umbrella or not. No NATO forces could ever operate as UN peacekeepers, for example. Is that really a credible position to take?

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Inna Lillaahi wa ina ilaayhi raji'oon...

Muezzin
05-14-2011, 09:52 PM
Keep it calm, people.

Abdul-Raouf
05-15-2011, 05:12 AM
What I can not understand is how and why NATO is even involved? UN forces I could disagree with but at least understand why it would be UN troops. But the North African coastal Nations should be of no concern to NATO. Unless somebody changed the rules of the game and NATO is no longer what it was supposed to be. NATO was supposed to be a mutual protection organization and if any member country was attacked, the others would come to it's defense; there are currently 28 member Nations.
Would somebody please tell me which NATO country was attacked by Libya.

Actually US want to speak & lead the role in Libya as it did in Afganistan and Iraq...

But for the past 10 years...in Afganistan and Iraq.. it has learnt a lesson that for US speak more and act more in Libya would be self-damaging (or you can say obama is smarter than bush)...

al yunan
05-15-2011, 05:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
interesting hadith. what about the hadith in which jihad is obligatory?

Assalamu Alaikum brother m s,

This is civil war, there is no question of jihad.
What hapens when two groups of Muslims kill each other ?
I'm sure you as all of us Muslims now the answer.
I'm rather ashamed to say it anyway.

Masalam

Karl
05-18-2011, 01:01 AM
@ Trumble. The UN is a Marxist zionist feminist outfit, NATO is a zionist imperialist crusader outfit and nearly all the media is either a government owned propaganda machine eg BBC or privately owned by plutocratic zionist Jews. So you can't blame Muslims not believing in anything that comes out of the Axis of Infidels.

Trumble
05-18-2011, 07:14 AM
It was something of a rhetorical question. Illustrated, though, by the less than staggering amounts of outrage exhibited in regards of this incident by national governments as diverse as the Chinese, Russians, Iranians and Venezualans. In short, none of them believe a word of it either.

Argamemnon
05-18-2011, 11:17 PM

Let's focus on the real issue; the warmongering nature of western leaders who are plundering North Africa. These western leaders are totally unrestrained in their urge to taste human blood that belongs to foreign nations. They are very fond of wars and military actions and they love to see foreign children and women writhing in pain from their inhuman attacks. They are truly unrestrained warmongers. They are of the Genghis class warmongers. Who is next, could tomorrow be China’s turn ? Or Russia’s turn ? Or China plus Russia ?

Discuss...

Karl
05-24-2011, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Argamemnon
Let's focus on the real issue; the warmongering nature of western leaders who are plundering North Africa. These western leaders are totally unrestrained in their urge to taste human blood that belongs to foreign nations. They are very fond of wars and military actions and they love to see foreign children and women writhing in pain from their inhuman attacks. They are truly unrestrained warmongers. They are of the Genghis class warmongers. Who is next, could tomorrow be China’s turn ? Or Russia’s turn ? Or China plus Russia ?

Discuss...
Yup, I can see only two options either "New World Order" tried and failed by white tribes as far back as Alexander the Great or World War 3 the white tribes are going to fight each other no holds barred. Some call them the "Western barbarians" and "The ten tribes of the Antichrist" but they are still the slaves of Allah and maybe that is their purpose as population reducers. Lets not forget all the Asian and African nastys too.

Mungling
06-02-2011, 09:20 PM
If Gaddaffi's allegations are correct, then it is indeed a very dark thing which has transpired. May the Lord have mercy upon those who have recently deceased.

With that said, why was the UN involved in the Libyan conflict? Because there was no one else. If the UN hadn't intervened Gaddaffi would have Libya and we'd have a lot of dead and imprisoned protesters.

Now if the Arab League had deigned to intervene, the UN would not have had any pretext for offering their support. Unfortunately, no one in the Arab League was willing... so here we are. Perhaps the UN nations are after oil, but right now that's the best assistance the rebels are going to get.

Whether the rebels or Gaddaffi are in Libya's best interest... well... that's not for me to say.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!