/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chewing gum vs Dhikr of Allah

Al-Mufarridun
05-15-2011, 09:24 AM
:sl:
Insh'Allah you are all in a blessed state of mind and well being.

I wanted to inquire, has anyone of you ever encountered a situation when you were faced with a choice between a chewing gum and Dhikr? You might be scratching your heads, but I'm sure there are some of you who have faced this dilemma. You probably finished eating and then placed a gum in your mouth and then you started making Dhikr, but the process of chewing was getting in the way of your Dhikr, so you threw it away. Or perhaps, you were at work or out-n-about and had a thought of refreshing your mouth with a chewing gum prior to making dhikr, but shaitan or your nafs makes the gum even sweeter and you continue to chew the gum longer than planned, until you become aware of whats happening and rush to throw it out and begin your Dhikr.

If you had similar experiences please share with us.

Fi'Amanillah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al yunan
05-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Walaikum Assalam brother,

There are many forms of Dhikr.
To me the best form is to remember Allah S.W.T is always around and thus to be conscious of all actions and thoughts.
The most popular form is to always mention His name before anything we do.
Another form is to always feel Shukr and even if only mentally to thank Him.
Dhikr is in body (as in prayer and hygiene and such) mind (as in thoughts, speech and manners)and soul (as in feeling our amal)
So brother you could do Dhikr in your mind and still chew.
This brings to mind an old American saying about "walk and chew gum" (no disrespect meant I just could not resist)

May Allah S.W.T enrich your heart,
Masalam

abdullah_001
05-15-2011, 12:29 PM
:sl:

I don't know about chewing gum but I remember I used sit in front of my computer for literally countless hours (non-stop) and read about Islamic stuff. I would get so obsessed(not the right word) with acquiring knowledge that I would start worrying extremely and feel anxiety that I might start to feel hungry or have to go to sleep eventually and have to leave my computer. I would fear leaving the computer thinking that if I left this state for any reason at all I might not come back to it in the way that I left it. InshaAllah I will get back to that state soon.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!