/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wiswass,depression,anxiety issue

nina99
05-15-2011, 11:22 AM
Salaamualaykum to all my muslim brothers and sisters in islam. :statisfie InshaAllah your all in good health. Ive got this massive wiswass issue lately somthing i thought would never happen to me and its put me into severe deppression.firstly ive been practising islam for 5 years. It all started late last year with 4/5 months of real bad anxiety, i thought the anxiety was a punishment from Allah -silly i know but i dont know why i thought that anyway it was a good thing for me because it made pray sunnah, get up for fajr etc then one day i was feeling so terribly down because of my sins i just kept repeating them in my head {i know Allah Ghafur ir Rahim} but i insisted the anxiety was a punishment- Allah yeghzi al shaytan- ameen. All of a sudden i get a flush of unwanted thoughts come into my head which got me into severe depression {very bad thoughts} . for some reason thought i had a jinn in me,not thinking about shyatan -Allah yeghzi. Now i have relised its definetly Shaytan -Allah yeghzi but i feel my iman is not as strong as it was before. I always knew about shaytan but i honestly did not know that wiswass is from shaytan Allah yeghzi. Im now hoping and praying and begging Allah that this will turn out to be a good thing for me to be more alert of the accursed shaytan -Allah yeghzi. Also is it true that the more you turn to Allah swt the stronger shaytans whispers get. And whats the best way to make our iman stronger and lesson the whispers of shaytan. I know shaytan is weak and its us that give him attention but ive become mentally tired and im desperate to get my strong iman back. I just want to obey all Allahs law and be closer to Allah swt. has any one been through this??? please let me know. Salaams:exhausted:exhausted:exhausted

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al yunan
05-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Walaikum Assalam sister,

First of all welcome to I.B, I hope you benefit us and yourself with your stay and that you make a lot of new friends.
Your experiences are not uncommon hardly anyone does not have some kind of scuffle with Jin.
As you mentioned yourself it's all part of getting stronger.
You should how ever not allow these occurrences to bother your mind for they will only increase, the best thing is to recite "Hasbunallah wa ni'mal Wakil" every time you don't feel at ease.
Ghusl is also a great way to calm down and increase your sense of security.
Try to keep Wudu and recite the last three Surahs before going to sleep.
Also make sure you keep your place of prayer clean and tidy and free of anything that would keep the Malaikat away.
Should you read some of the posts here you will see how many already have gone through similar.
Trust in Allah S.W.T and don't worry Inshallah you'll be fine.

May Allah S.W.T grant you peace of heart.
Masalam

nina99
05-16-2011, 10:11 AM
jazakAllah Kheir brother, Thankyou for the welcome, InshAllah Allah will help me and every single muslim brother and sister that is going through these ugly whispers may Allah ta3la make us strong in our iman because that is the most important thing in this life. Thankyou for your reply and may Allah grant you and all the mumineen peace of mind and calmness in the chest Ameen.

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2011, 03:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nina99
Salaamualaykum to all my muslim brothers and sisters in islam. :statisfie InshaAllah your all in good health. Ive got this massive wiswass issue lately somthing i thought would never happen to me and its put me into severe deppression.firstly ive been practising islam for 5 years. It all started late last year with 4/5 months of real bad anxiety, i thought the anxiety was a punishment from Allah -silly i know but i dont know why i thought that anyway it was a good thing for me because it made pray sunnah, get up for fajr etc then one day i was feeling so terribly down because of my sins i just kept repeating them in my head {i know Allah Ghafur ir Rahim} but i insisted the anxiety was a punishment- Allah yeghzi al shaytan- ameen. All of a sudden i get a flush of unwanted thoughts come into my head which got me into severe depression {very bad thoughts} . for some reason thought i had a jinn in me,not thinking about shyatan -Allah yeghzi. Now i have relised its definetly Shaytan -Allah yeghzi but i feel my iman is not as strong as it was before. I always knew about shaytan but i honestly did not know that wiswass is from shaytan Allah yeghzi. Im now hoping and praying and begging Allah that this will turn out to be a good thing for me to be more alert of the accursed shaytan -Allah yeghzi. Also is it true that the more you turn to Allah swt the stronger shaytans whispers get. And whats the best way to make our iman stronger and lesson the whispers of shaytan. I know shaytan is weak and its us that give him attention but ive become mentally tired and im desperate to get my strong iman back. I just want to obey all Allahs law and be closer to Allah swt. has any one been through this??? please let me know. Salaams:exhausted:exhausted:exhausted
:sl:

Jazakallahu khayr for sharing your issues with us as it cannot be easy. I have created a thread on how to fight waswas. Please read the thread and let me know what you think and if it helps in anyway:

How to overcome Waswas (Shaythans whispers) in worship.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134304731

Also have a read of this thread:

How To Get Through Hardships, Stresses and Problems in life!

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=134303665

Look forward in hearing your responses. :wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nina99
05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Alaykumas salaam brother, JazakAllah Kheir for that i hope and pray to the One and Only Allah to get me and every single muslim going through this out of it. Subhan Allah i never ever thought i would EVER be in this situation but a human just never knows whats going to happen to them,this just proves how important dua is , may you,myself and all the muslims recieve Allah SWT mercy in the dunya and akhira. I am trying my absolute very best with every ounce of blood in my body to fight this off, I know its shaytan Allah yeghzi but Subhan Allah im in constant fear all throughout the day and i dont wish it upon a single soul. I find myself trying to dig up every bit of knowledge that i have to prove myself to myself... All i want is to worship,praise and obey Allah with peace of mind and calmness in the chest and Alhamdulilah for every calamity that comes from Allah and may Allah protect us all from the whispers and suggestions of the accursed shaytan... It was a relief to read that the prophet sas says it is pure iman... and i hope its the same in my case,as i feel like for me its jehad al nafs, I hope im not making The Almighty angry and i hope all us muslims will always love each other and make Allah swt very happy and make the accursed shayateen extremely angry... Ameen Thankyou kindly once again and may Allah swt make your path full of iman,smooth and easy for yourself and all those you love Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!