/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Was going to the mosque and smelt....

_PakistaN_
05-16-2011, 04:16 AM
So I was on my way to Isha prayer about 2 hours ago. I left my house and headed down the elevator of my building. As I opened one of the building doors it was filled with smell of Marijuana. And it was really strong because it was packed with smoke and I figured someone recently smoked there and left. My question is does my prayer still count? My intention was to go and pray in Jamaat, which I did. I am confused though that I had smelled marijuana on my way there.

This also happened once during Ramadhan, I was fasting and some guy opened his car door and he was apparently smoking with all his windows and doors closed. When he opened the door all the smell just came inside my nose. Was my fast accepted?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
tigerkhan
05-16-2011, 05:28 AM
if i was in ur position i go to imam after salat and ask this....lol.

al yunan
05-16-2011, 06:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum brother,

To get high from second hand smoke you would have to spend very a long time sniffing.
Now if one had intention of hanging around to sniff to see the effects, the intent alone would more than Batil Wudu.
Any form of intoxication would Batil one's Salat and one would have to wait until clear headed.
Different Mathab place periods of time that one's Salat is invalidated for.
No smell no matter how bad or good invalidates wudu or fasting.

Masalam

Ansariyah
05-16-2011, 11:12 AM
If you didnt get high, I dont see how ur prayer would be effected.

Its not ur fault that u passed thru smoke, everything is according to intention.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!