/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan protests after Nato helicopters wound troops

GuestFellow
05-17-2011, 09:59 AM
:sl:

The Pakistan army has lodged a "strong protest" after two Nato helicopters injured two Pakistani soldiers in the Pakistani region of North Waziristan.

Just curious, what would happen if the Pakistani army and the government refused to co-operate with the US?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
I'm feeling a bit frustrated, but I think the Pakistani government should grow a pair, and stop being so subservient to the US.
How much money they get from the US anyway?

This strong protest is a good step in the right direction, and I hope they stand firm.

سيف الله
05-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Salaam

Don’t hold your breath.

The spinelessness of the Pakistani 'elites' is becoming legendary, nothing surprises me anymore. People are even scrawling graffiti taunting the inability of the Pakistani army to defend its borders despite the billions they receive.

They don’t seem to understand that their 'alliance' with the Americans is going to lead to the breakup of Pakistan. Which wouldn’t be the first time if you look at Pakistani history (Creation of Bangladesh)

I think you nailed it by querying the money the elites receive from the USA. It amounts to billions and they seem to prefer gorging on American largesse than defending the interests of their own people.

Roll on the revolution. . . . . . . .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!