/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ibrahimac Scrolls?

YM Usrah Umar
05-17-2011, 10:06 PM
salam, i got told they were found recently, are they intact? what does isalm say about them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
05-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Where did you read it from?

I doubt suhuf ibrahim still survived.

But we know from ahadeeth that prophet Musa (p) and Harun (p) ark of the covenant will be found again towards the end of day.

YM Usrah Umar
05-18-2011, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Where did you read it from?

I doubt suhuf ibrahim still survived.

But we know from ahadeeth that prophet Musa (p) and Harun (p) ark of the covenant will be found again towards the end of day.
my friend told me and im pretty sure if u google it youl find sumthn. do you mean the commandments? could u post the hadith plz?

Al-manar
05-18-2011, 12:16 PM
peace Bro YM Usrah Umar ,naidamer

It seems that Scrolls of Abraham be on of three(scrolls of Moses and Zabur of David) inspired writings that dedicated to wisdom not laws :
Some scholars mistakenly speculated that it to be the Testament of Abraham ,one of the Jewish Apocalyptic literature .others believed it to be Sefer Yetzirah ....but the fact nothing from the Quranic quotations from the scrolls is similar to such writings ...

the things that we know from the Quran regarding such scrolls:

1- Just as the Torah,Injeel,Zabur ,The Quran quotes them in Suras 53 and 87:

Holy Quran 87:1. Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High,2. Who hath created, and further, given order and proportion;3. Who hath ordained laws. And granted guidance;4. And Who bringeth out the (green and luscious) pasture,5. And then doth make it (but) swarthy stubble.6. By degrees shall We teach thee to declare (the Message), so thou shalt not forget,7. Except as Allah wills: For He knoweth what is manifest and what is hidden.8. And We will make it easy for thee (to follow) the simple (Path).9. Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer).10. The admonition will be received by those who fear ((Allah)):11. But it will be avoided by those most unfortunate ones,12. Who will enter the Great Fire,13. In which they will then neither die nor live.14. But those will prosper who purify themselves,15. And glorify the name of their Guardian-Lord, and (lift their hearts) in prayer.16. Day (behold), ye prefer the life of this world;17. But the Hereafter is better and more enduring.
18. And this(the previous) is in the Books of the earliest ,-19. The Books of Abraham and Moses.

we can safely say that the verses before verse 18 ,are quotations from those scrolls.

Holy Quran 53:33 Didst thou (O Muhammad) observe him who turned away,34 And gave a little, then was grudging ?35 Hath he knowledge of the Unseen so that he seeth ?36 Or hath he not had news of what is in the books of Moses37 And Abraham who paid his debt:38 That no laden one shall bear another's load,39 And that man hath only that for which he maketh effort,40 And that his effort will be seen.41 And afterward he will be repaid for it with fullest payment;42 And that thy Lord, He is the goal;43 And that He it is who maketh laugh, and maketh weep,44 And that He it is Who giveth death and giveth life;45 And that He createth the two spouses, the male and the female,46 From a drop (of seed) when it is poured forth;47 And that He hath ordained the second bringing forth;48 And that He it is Who enricheth and contenteth;49 And that He it is Who is the Lord of Sirius;50 And that He destroyed the former (tribe of) A'ad,51 And (the tribe of) Thamud He spared not;52 And the folk of Noah aforetime, Lo! they were more unjust and more rebellious;53 And Al-Mu'tafikah He destroyed54 So that there covered them that which did cover.55 Concerning which then, of the bounties of thy Lord, canst thou dispute ?56 This is a warner of the warners of old.57 The threatened Hour is nigh.58 None beside Allah can disclose it.59 Marvel ye then at this statement,60 And laugh and not weep,61 While ye amuse yourselves ?62 Rather prostrate yourselves before Allah and serve Him.

2- There is a hadith claimed to be quoting the scrolls ,but is classified weak ,so no need to include it here.

3- They are,according to the Quran ,the earliest divine written scripture.

4- They are work of wisdom,warnings,glad tidings rather than giving laws.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
YM Usrah Umar
05-18-2011, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-manar
peace Bro YM Usrah Umar ,naidamer

2- There is a hadith claimed to be quoting the scrolls ,but is classified weak ,so no need to include it here.
Coul you post it anyway plz

Al-manar
06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
Excuse me Bro for the late reply ...I almost forgot that thread .....just I didn't find ready English version of the Hadith ,to save for me the time ..... I would translate it myself (hope native Arab member whose English is better than mine help me translate it)...

(وروى الآجري من حديث أبي ذر قال: قلت يا رسول اللّه، فما كانت صحف إبراهيم؟ قال: كانت أمثالا كلها: أيها الملك المتسلط المبتلى المغرور، إني لم أبعثك لتجمع الدنيا بعضها على بعض، ولكن بعثتك لترد عني دعوة المظلوم. فإني لا أردها ولو كانت من فم كافر. وكان فيها أمثال: وعلى العاقل أن يكون له ثلاث ساعات: ساعة يناجي فيها ربه، وساعة يحاسب فيها نفسه، يفكر فيها في صنع اللّه عز وجل إليه، وساعة يخلو فيها لحاجته من المطعم والمشرب. وعلى العاقل ألا يكون ظاعنا إلا في ثلاث: تزود لمعاد، ومرمة لمعاش، ولذة في غير محرم. وعلى العاقل أن يكون بصيرا بزمانه، مقبلا على شأنه، حافظا للسانه. ومن عد كلامه من عمله قل كلامه إلا فيما يعينه. قال: قلت يا رسول اللّه، فما كانت صحف موسى؟ قال: كانت عبرا كلها: عجبت لمن أيقن بالموت كيف يفرح! وعجبت لمن أيقن بالقدر كيف ينصب. وعجبت لمن رأى الدنيا وتقلبها بأهلها كيف يطمئن إليها! وعجبت لمن أيقن بالحساب غدا ثم هو لا يعمل!. قال: قلت يا رسول اللّه، فهل في أيدينا شيء مما كان في يديه إبراهيم وموسى، مما أنزل اللّه عليك؟ قال: نعم اقرأ يا أبا ذر: "قد أفلح من تزكى. وذكر اسم ربه فصلى. بل تؤثرون الحياة الدنيا والآخرة خير وأبقى. إن هذا لفي الصحف الأولى. صحف إبراهيم وموسى". وذكر الحديث.

narrated Abu thar ,I asked the prophet peace be upon him ,what was the scrolls of Abraham? and he answered they were all proverbs : eg; Allah says; you proud king ,I didn't create you to collect wealth ,but to answer in bahve of me the comlaints of the humble people ..
another proverb;the rational man should give three hours to himself ... one to pray for God , another to reflect on his own deeds and what God did with him, and another to have his basic needs of food etc..

still more to translate inshaAllah...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!