/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beach

Beardo
05-17-2011, 10:56 PM
:sl:

So I've been going to the beach pretty frequently nowadays - Taking advantage of the LA Summer.

However, I have a little concern...

I just manned up enough to get my feet wet in the water. I'm a little iffy about swimming. What time of creatures live in the first few feet of the shore? I'm always scared a crab or something is gonna come nip my toes off, lol. Is it safe? Ermm...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
05-17-2011, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

So I've been going to the beach pretty frequently nowadays - Taking advantage of the LA Summer.

I just manned up enough to get my feet wet in the water. I'm a little iffy about swimming. What time of creatures live in the first few feet of the shore? I'm always scared a crab or something is gonna come nip my toes off, lol. Is it safe? Ermm...
you're Bangladeshi right??

you should be alright

AishaRayann
05-17-2011, 11:05 PM
well depends on what time of day..at night there are sharks..even in shallow water...in morning..there are these little creatures that burrow themselves in the sand in a little shell...jellyfish...regular fish..small sharks.... really only thing to worry about are jellyfish and sharks..but mostly jellyfish. Crabs,shrimp live in marshes mostly. dont be afraid..take a chance im sure youll love i sure do!!!

Beardo
05-17-2011, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
you're Bangladeshi right??

you should be alright
Yeah -_- lol, Bangladeshis and their fishie stereotypes! I'm not gonna pick it up and plop it in my mouth.
format_quote Originally Posted by AishaRayann
well depends on what time of day..at night there are sharks..even in shallow water...in morning..there are these little creatures that burrow themselves in the sand in a little shell...jellyfish...regular fish..small sharks.... really only thing to worry about are jellyfish and sharks..but mostly jellyfish. Crabs,shrimp live in marshes mostly. dont be afraid..take a chance im sure youll love i sure do!!!
...thanks. I'm sooo motivated to go to the beach now. :| You're kidding, though, right? lol. o.o

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
05-17-2011, 11:08 PM
:wa:

the beach off LA should be safe enough for you. no venomous jellyfish, snake or dangerous sharks. little crabs would rather burrow themselves into the sand before getting trampled by your big feet.

So just go out there, have fun and swim to the sea. Enjoy the blessings from Allah.

جوري
05-17-2011, 11:09 PM
sharks come near the shore only to mate, they don't usually swim in anything less than ten feet.. my feeling is that beardo swims in an inch of water :haha:

try one of these

Beardo
05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Well, it's beautiful weather. And there's nothing like a sunny day and a cold breeze. SubhanAllah. I wouldn't mind a beachside house. =X

Ramadhan
05-17-2011, 11:12 PM
However, if you go to Australia, check with surf lifesaver before you get into the water. In northern queensland, the water is infested with box jellyfish, the most venomous creature on earth, and in the southern waters, sharks are probably swimming by although some public beaches are protected by shark nets.

Beardo
05-17-2011, 11:22 PM
^ I was in Brisbane for like 9 months. Never went to the beach though. Or I did once, but I forgot what it was called. Mainly stayed in the city.

The Bangladesh beach was fun. That was the only time I went REALLY deep into the water, lol.

Ramadhan
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
The only thing you should be careful of is probably sea urchins. I dont know if there are plenty of those in your beach.

And if you accidentally step on one and if there's no medical aid nearby, you know what to do right?

Beardo
05-17-2011, 11:28 PM
...Why must you get so graphic? Forget it. I'm happy just splashing my feet. :|

Ramadhan
05-17-2011, 11:32 PM
no pain no gain, brother

Reflections
05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
lol poor brother..just don't go past 2 steps in the water and you should be fine!

جوري
05-17-2011, 11:35 PM

I'd like to show you a pic of my five year old niece swimming in the 6 feet section masha'Allah before I send a hired goon to push you in the deep end!
got to learn swimming and archery and horse back riding.. but at least get one out of the three!!!

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2011, 11:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
The only thing you should be careful of is probably sea urchins. I dont know if there are plenty of those in your beach.

And if you accidentally step on one and if there's no medical aid nearby, you know what to do right?

I almost stepped on those once whilst i was swimming in the mediteranean sea off the south coast of Spain. It was so painful but i was lucky that i did not put any pressure on the spike when i stepped on it. Ouuch

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2011, 11:37 PM

Very shameful indeed.

NOW MAN UPPP and jump in!!!

Otherwise we will have to throw you in headfirst into a sea urchin. Your choice....

جوري
05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81
I almost stepped on those once whilst i was swimming in the mediteranean sea off the south coast of Spain. It was so painful but i was lucky that i did not put any pressure on the spike when i stepped on it. Ouuch

Why do you guys swim bare feet? I am covered from head to toe when I go for a swim.. unfortunately I had to give it up last year after a problem with my eye :(

GuestFellow
05-17-2011, 11:45 PM

I miss swimming. I like diving...

Do not pick up seashells, some are poisonous like the cone shells.

EDIT:

I stopped swimming, too shy...

جوري
05-17-2011, 11:48 PM

<<< these are amazing to cross great distance.. of course you should find an alone spot because when you show up looking like this, others have a good chuckle ;D

Cabdullahi
05-17-2011, 11:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ

Why do you guys swim bare feet? :(
because nobody swims with their sports shoes

جوري
05-17-2011, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
because nobody swims with their sports shoes

that is why they have water shoes.........and I am somebody who swims with them..

Hamza Asadullah
05-17-2011, 11:53 PM

Why do you guys swim bare feet? I am covered from head to toe when I go for a swim.. unfortunately I had to give it up last year after a problem with my eye :(

The only time i have ever covered my feet during swimming is when i have done scuba diving. But it would certainly be a very good idea to wear protective foot wear especially when swimming off the coast because there are many nasty surprises lurking under there and stepping on a sea urchin is something i would not advise anyone to do.

You should wear goggles. I can't see under the water without them and they prevent the water from irritating one's eyes. But the water can sometimes get in and whilst scuba diving several metres under the water there is nothing worse than getting water into the goggles and getting the water out again is a real pain as the water can go straight up the nose and cause one to panick and to panick in such depths is very scary.

GuestFellow
05-17-2011, 11:54 PM
I hate sand...it feels horrible.

جوري
05-17-2011, 11:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza81

The only time i have ever covered my feet during swimming is when i have done scuba diving. But it would certainly be a very good idea to wear protective foot wear especially when swimming off the coast because there are many nasty surprises lurking under there and stepping on a sea urchin is something i would not advise anyone to do.
:wa: yeah I had a bad injury when I was 13 from the bare foot fiasco .. I didn't think I'd stop crying, stitches and all no anesthesia and ruined my summer, I don't know what gave me such a deep cut I just lost balance when it happened and was bleeding the pain was so sharp and unbearable.. still have the scar .. but it is a nice souvenir now and I remember that day as if it were yesterday even though it was aggggggges ago!
You should wear goggles. I can't see under the water without them and they prevent the water from irritating one's eyes. But the water can sometimes get in and whilst scuba diving several metres under the water there is nothing worse than getting water into the goggles and getting the water out again is a real pain as the water can go straight up the nose and cause one to panick and to panick in such depths is very scary.
that is precisely why I gave up swimming, the goggles and beneath them contact lenses and then the water pressure.. makes you want to take your eyes off.

Reflections
05-18-2011, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
I hate sand...it feels horrible.
lol well yeah UK sand is horrible..however much there is of it

Dagless
05-18-2011, 12:09 AM

that is why they have water shoes.........and I am somebody who swims with them..
Exactly! I used to swim barefoot and hated that feeling of "what the hell was that I just touched". Once I tried aqua shoes I'd never go back to barefoot :p

Hamza Asadullah
05-18-2011, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
lol well yeah UK sand is horrible..however much there is of it

Forget the fine white sands of the Maldives we have Margate! lol

ardianto
05-18-2011, 01:16 AM

I know this is a silly question. But, frankly, your post about beach and LA remind me to "Baywatch" that I've seen on my TV, and that made me wonder.

Brother, are you going to the beach like that ?.

CosmicPathos
05-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Now I cannot go to the beach due to issues with my eyes as well, allhamdulillah nevertheless. I always wanted to scuba dive since childhood but I guess in jannah now, hopefully.

Ramadhan
05-18-2011, 01:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist
Now I cannot go to the beach due to issues with my eyes as well, allhamdulillah nevertheless. I always wanted to scuba dive since childhood but I guess in jannah now, hopefully.

The feeling when you do scuba diving in tropical waters is out of this world, it's like floating in space. I cannot imagine how it would be in jannah, it must be out of this world literally!
Let's hope we all can meet in jannah and scuba together! ameen.

Amanda
05-18-2011, 01:54 AM
This thread makes me miss the beach! And it's been so rainy here all week... plus the water is still too cold for swimming. :(

CosmicPathos
05-18-2011, 02:01 AM

The feeling when you do scuba diving in tropical waters is out of this world, it's like floating in space. I cannot imagine how it would be in jannah, it must be out of this world literally!
ameen.

dont motivate me to go against doctor's suggestion, id go and jump in right away into the depths and bring back memories of days when we were young!

Beardo
05-18-2011, 02:09 AM
It rains in the morning.. but in LA, it's mainly warm weather. Im dreading summer heat. I prefer the cold. Plus, the cold lets me wear my leather jacket, which looks awesome, alhamdulillah. B-)

Hamza Asadullah
05-18-2011, 02:37 AM

The first time i went scuba diving was a few months ago in the red sea and the first time i went under the water it was like being in a another planet under there. Subhaanallah It was so beautiful. The colours and contrasts of the fish and the corals. Words cannot describe it. Can you imagine how much more beautiful it will be scuba diving in Jannah (without the need for scuba diving gear).

May we all be granted Jannah so we can experience bliss for eternity. Ameen

Beardo
05-18-2011, 02:42 AM
^ Is it the red sea or dead sea that is super dense to the extent that you can float at a higher level?

Hamza Asadullah
05-18-2011, 02:46 AM
^ Is it the red sea or dead sea that is super dense to the extent that you can float at a higher level?
Thats the dead sea which is so saliant that no life can live in it. One can literally float on it so it would be good for those who are scared of going into the water *hint* *hint*

Beardo
05-18-2011, 05:28 AM
^ I heard you're not allowed to go in it for more than 15 minutesor something, because it'sso strong. Anyone can tell us why it's like that?

ProudMuslimSis
05-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Do not watch the movie JAWS, ok?

Tilmeez
05-18-2011, 07:01 AM
I heard you're not allowed to go in it for more than 15 minutesor something, because it'sso strong. Anyone can tell us why it's like that?
Seeing your posts and responses... you are requested to keep yourself to shores only.:shade: You are allow to wet your feet occasionally but not frequently:skeleton:. You may see people enjoying the water but be careful excessive watching them can cause you some random ailments related to sea:raging:.

As I can't share some of the suggestions here, I will post them in Brothers Section. You may apply for your membership and I will get it approved for a limited time. :p

And with this, thread is closed

PS: I just intentionally did not press the "Close" button.

S_87
05-18-2011, 03:45 PM
are you swimming in the ocean or sea? there is a difference

also, are there rock thingies on the sea bed or just mainly sand (the part where youre swimming)

Haya emaan
05-18-2011, 03:54 PM
never found such creatures mentioned in this thread on beach at gulf:p

Beardo
05-18-2011, 04:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S_87
are you swimming in the ocean or sea? there is a difference

also, are there rock thingies on the sea bed or just mainly sand (the part where youre swimming)
Pacific Ocean... and sand. :)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

All your posts made me smile, it is soo nice to see you all have a peacful discussion :-\ And Alhamdulilaah!!!

.. peace ..

S_87
05-21-2011, 07:17 PM

Pacific Ocean... and sand. :)
ok

sand is pretty much ok for creepy crawlies though if the waters been rough they can come up :o there can be little fishies but they tickle your feet at most, no harm

a couple of years ago, we were at a sandy beach that had a few rocks come in omg something bit my uncle and since then ive had a phobia of putting my foot on rocks in water!

hmm i wish UK beaches were nice :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!