/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer and illness

Amanda
05-19-2011, 01:41 AM
I have a question that I hope someone can offer a solution...

I suffer from migraines, and was just wondering what to do about my daily prayers when I have a migraine. I know that if it is physically not possible, you can skip it and make it up when you are better (right?)... but with something like a migraine, if I can feel it coming on, say a half hour before it is time to pray, could I do it early so that I don't miss it, knowing that I am likely to be sick in bed by the time it is the proper time?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amanda
05-20-2011, 05:37 PM
No one? Please?

ProudMuslimSis
05-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Dear Amanda:

I have no idea but I am trying to find out for you.
Hopefully one of the scholars will respond before I do.

al yunan
05-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Assalamu Alaikum sister Amanda,

Have you tried praying sitting down ?
This way it would ease the thumping pain when trying to stand from a sitting position.
One can even pray while lying down if need be and you just imagine the movements that you can't perform.

There are some verses used as a cure for migraines, the one I know and tried is from Sura Waqiah "La yusadauna anha wala yunsifun" 56/19, you repeat it until you feel better.
Also to drink vinegar mixed with honey, the stronger the taste of vinegar the better
It's hard to believe but it's mind over matter. Inshallah you will be fine.
Best wishes and a speedy recovery.

Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Amanda
05-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I have thought about trying it laying down/or sitting... but my worry is because of the medications that the doctor has given me, I'm not sure if it would invalidate it because it makes me groggy. I mean, I don't get them very often, but I just like to know what I should do for when I do have one.
I'll have to try the verses, thank you for that.

Thank you both for responding. :)

Reflections
05-20-2011, 08:25 PM
AsSalaamu '3alaykum

It is permissible to sit down and pray, if it's more severe then lying down and praying is permissible too..however it will not be permissible to pray salah before it's time has started...You can pray it as soon as it's time has started of course but not before that because of your migraines.

Wallahu a3lam..Allah Knows best.

Amanda
05-21-2011, 01:56 AM
So what happens if one is physically not able to perform salah due to illness? Just make it up later? And I realize that I should do everything I can, but sometimes it is impossible.

Ramadhan
05-22-2011, 03:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amanda
So what happens if one is physically not able to perform salah due to illness? Just make it up later? And I realize that I should do everything I can, but sometimes it is impossible.

From the little that I know, you can just do shalah while lying on bed, you don't even have to move your hands/anything, and if you can't do wudoo, you can do tayyamum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!