/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ijaza

al yunan
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Assalamu Alaikum to all,

• Has any one done any Amal with Ijaza ?
  • Has any one tried successfully to do Amal just from a book reference ?
  • Any specific amal any one has tried successfully and would like to pass it on ?
Please share !

Masalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
05-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Please tell me what's ijaza?

al yunan
05-20-2011, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Safiya 1
Please tell me what's ijaza?

It's a form of authorization !

Reflections
05-20-2011, 08:28 PM
AsSalaamu '3alaykum Wara7matullah Wabarakatuh,

Could you elaborate on your questions please, and ijazah on what exactly?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazalah
05-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Ijaza? Like Tajweed Ijaza?

Cabdullahi
05-20-2011, 09:18 PM
holiday!

make sure you have your iqamah and jawaz though!...you cant go anywhere without them

Zafran
05-21-2011, 12:41 AM
salaam

Ijaza which is a permission from a scholar to teach an Islamic book that goes all the way back to the original author of the book

peace

Ghazalah
05-21-2011, 01:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Ijaza which is a permission from a scholar to teach an Islamic book that goes all the way back to the original author of the book
That's not the only meaning for Ijaza hence the confusion in this thread lol

Ramadhan
05-21-2011, 01:57 PM
:sl:

Ijaza can also mean certificate, like in school certificate

al yunan
05-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Assalamu Alaikum to all,

Maybe I should start with a story of how I came upon this subject:
When I was new to Islam I had a problem and asked a few people I knew who had studied Islam for years for help.
I was given various answers and told to recite this or that verse, which I did to no avail.
Then I met this elderly guy in a Mosque and while talking I mentioned my problem and after a few moments he said to me to recite a particular verse in the Quran as many a times as need be and then added I give you my permission and blessing to do this amal in the manner that it was given to me and now I give it to you.
Next morning my problem was solved and in a manner beyond my expectations.
I later looked for this man and befriended him and he explained to me over time that even though books had a lot of information and knowledge they had no essence meaning some one had to experience the knowledge first hand thus making it easier to transmit and explain.
It made perfect sense but the controversial point was about Ijaza and what gives us the right to use knowledge a certain way.
I was baffled and ready to bolt.
Then He told me stories of Sahaba who would approach the prophet s.a.w for advice or conformation on the use of Ayats.
For example Umar r.a came and told the prophet s.a.w about his unruly and misbehaved nephew and how he had recited the last 4 verses from Surat Al Mu'minun in his ear.
The prophet s.a.w commented that had those verses been recited on a mountain it would surely collapse.
Now whoever Umar r.a taught this amal to had confirmation from the prophet s.a.w and Ijaza to copy the Amal and this continued trough the ages to today.
Unfortunately a lot of similar Amal with Ijaza have disappeared and are rare today.
That's what I'm looking for.
This is not simmilar to Usul Fiqh where Ahadith are verified for use in Shariah or practice.
I'm looking for Amal (as in practicable) only that has come down all the way back from the Sahaba and thus the prophet s.a.w and with Ijaza (permission being proof of successful use)
It may be an Ayat or an Asma Husna and any practical application physical, mental or spiritual.
As the prophet s.a.w inshallah said "If any of you know even one Hadith teach it" (not ad verbum)
I hope the value of this knowledge is understood and appreciated and that many will participate to help revive this fast disappearing Ilm.
Masalam

PS: Just so there is no misunderstanding I'm not looking for any Sufi related Amal or stories !

ardianto
05-21-2011, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar

Ijaza can also mean certificate, like in school certificate
Assalamualaikum,

Indonesian word for school certificate is "Ijazah". However, meaning of "Ijaza" in brother Al Yunan post is not paper certificate but ........... frankly, I can't find the accurate English word for Ijaza, and even I can't find the accurate Indonesian word for Ijaza. But this is close to "authorization in transmitting an Amal (usually Shalawat) from a scholar to a student", or as brother Al Yunan has written "permission being proof of successful use".

If you are not familiar with Ijaza, I guess, that's because you are not a "Nahdliyin". (follower of "Nahdlatul Ulama", Indonesian Traditionalist Shafi'i Muslim organization)

al yunan
05-21-2011, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
If you are not familiar with Ijaza, I guess, that's because you are not a "Nahdliyin". (follower of "Nahdlatul Ulama", Indonesian Traditionalist Shafi'i Muslim organization)

Walaikum assalam brother ardianto,

Thanks for your effort and reply.
I think you know what I'm referring to as Ijaza is used all over the world but not much talked about.
If I may ask are you a follower of the above mentioned organization ?
If so, you should have Inshallah at least one Amal to share.
I'm willing to trade for genuine Amal, one for one. Open or P.M
Terima Kasih

Masalam

Ramadhan
05-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Assalamualaikum, Indonesian word for school certificate is "Ijazah". However, meaning of "Ijaza" in brother Al Yunan post is not paper certificate but ........... frankly, I can't find the accurate English word for Ijaza, and even I can't find the accurate Indonesian word for Ijaza. But this is close to "authorization in transmitting an Amal (usually Shalawat) from a scholar to a student", or as brother Al Yunan has written "permission being proof of successful use".
:wa:

Thank you for the explanation, I think I get the idea although I don't think I have seen/done it in practice. It's not the same as just transmitting knowledge right?

You are right, I am not a nahdliyin. I am not affiliated with any muslim organization, although my ustadz at pengajian is affiliated with Persis, and my mother is a lifelong member of Muhammadiyah.

ardianto
05-22-2011, 09:29 AM

In Indonesia, if a Muslim pray salat subh with du'a qunut, people say "He is a Nahdlatul Ulama (NU) Muslim". If a Muslim pray salat subh without du'a qunut but still placing their hands on belly, people say "He is a Muhammadiyah Muslim". If a Muslim pray salat with placing their hands on chest, people say " He is Persis Muslim".

Sometime I got this "funny" question : "Which Islam do you follow ?, Nahdlatul Ulama, Muhammadiyah, or Persis ?". Yaahh, in Indonesia many people still assume if NU, Muhammadiyah and Persis are madhab, not only Muslim organizations.

In reality, not every Indonesian Muslim is affiliated with one of those "The Big Three Muslim Organizations in Indonesia". I follow Shafi'i madhab, same like people of NU, but I am not a member of NU. Frankly, although Fatawa about Fiqh that I follow are Fatawa from NU Ulama, I still disagree with some (not all) traditions that committed by NU.

I am not familiar with Ijaza although I know what it is. My teachers taught me some Amal (in du'a form), but they didn't say "I Ijaza this Amal to you, and I give you a Sanad to Rasulullah (saw)".

Actually, in the true tradition, Ijaza is something special. A scholar Ijaza an Amal only to the selected students or to other scholar. That's why I was so surprised when I found a Habib in Jakarta is too easy to Ijaza an Amal through internet.

al yunan
05-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Walaikum Assalam brother ardianto,

After a few days of posting the thread I started to think it was a waste of space.
After just reading your post I come to believe it was worth it just to read such positive and uplifting words.
I'm a little bit of a pessimist I guess when it comes to Muslims as so many fall prey to Bida'a, extremism and Shirk.
So it brightened my day to see Mashallah one wanting to learn but cautious and analytical well informed and not judgemental.
"Tie your camel first and then Tawakal".
I too basically follow Imam Shafi'i rahimullah but trust all four Mathab and believe in Ahli Sunni wal jamaah and Husnuzon to the max.
I sincerely hope you pursue a life of Ilm. My Salam to your must be proud parents.

May Allah S.W.T increase our knowledge.
masalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!