/* */

PDA

View Full Version : You know you have become a Mum when..

Hannah.
05-20-2011, 09:04 AM
You know you have become a mum when……
1. The month on your wall calendar stays the same all year round.
2. The only conversation you can have with people is about “The Baby”
3. 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am alarm goes off every night and it doesn’t have a snooze button.
4. You serve your husband baby food/purees for dinner and hand him over a bib instead of a napkin.
5. Your baby doesn’t understand the concept of sleep; hence it becomes one of life's greatest mystery's for you.
6. You have no time to eat all day; but the scales always say otherwise.
7. You pack the equivalent to a 2 week holiday when taking the baby out for a walk in the park.
8. Baby poo or vomit has become your daily perfume. However on a good day you may smell of baby lotion.
9. You have no privacy even when you want to go to the bathroom as your toddler is going through separation anxiety. GRRRRR
10. You wish the baby changing facilities did exactly that!

Source: Hijabi Mummy http://sairaali.blogspot.com/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
05-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Mothers are soldiers

Reflections
05-20-2011, 10:42 AM
lol I love that post..May Allah bless all the mothers for their efforts and struggle..ameen. I love my mum alhumdulilah :wub:

Amanda
05-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Awww... cute post... :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kabeer
05-20-2011, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
You know you have become a mum when……

6. You have no time to eat all day; but the scales always say otherwise.

Source: Hijabi Mummy http://sairaali.blogspot.com/
lol thats the best one

ProudMuslimSis
05-20-2011, 05:17 PM
I saw these sayings when browsing around for a Mother's Day message for my Mom:

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? ~Milton Berle

Women's Liberation is just a lot of foolishness. It's the men who are discriminated against. They can't bear children. And no one's likely to do anything about that. ~Golda Meir

زهراء
05-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Enjoyed reading this =)

Flame of Hope
05-23-2011, 06:03 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
9. You have no privacy even when you want to go to the bathroom as your toddler is going through separation anxiety. GRRRRR
Jazakallah khair sis for giving us cause to smile.

I was smiling at number 9 for the last part of it....GRRRRRRR. It's the GRRRRRR of frustration. I know exactly how that feels. lol.

rose17
05-23-2011, 09:23 PM
Jazahallah for sharing with us!!

yas2010
05-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Can i add the following:

when your toddler kisses you with its mouthful of food...you smile.
when your baby sleeps all day and is awake all night, you wonder if its mother was an owl?!
When your baby says "ma ma " for the first time, it make your heartmelt....

Cabdullahi
05-24-2011, 09:01 AM
when your baby says papa for the first time, it makes you jealous

Hannah.
05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
You know you're a mum when your purse contains extra nappies, a toy car and a little smelly sock !

Ansariyah
05-24-2011, 01:17 PM
You know your a mom when you lower your hands to your childs vomit and you dont even flinch.

Flame of Hope
05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
You know you're a mom when you are suddenly gifted with Unimaginable Super Powers. lol.

Who Am I?
05-24-2011, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
You know you're a mom when you are suddenly gifted with Unimaginable Super Powers. lol.
It used to always annoy me to no end whenever my mom would figure out all of my lovely schemes of wrongdoing. My best laid plans rendered impotent in an instant and I never could figure out why or how.

"Dude, how does she DO that?!"

Flame of Hope
05-24-2011, 07:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
"Dude, how does she DO that?!"
Ahem! This might give you a clue.... ;D

or this..............

yas2010
05-24-2011, 07:52 PM
You know your mum when you say the same things as your own mum.

You know your mum when the kids believe you when you say " i have eyes at the back of my head" - LOL

Who Am I?
05-24-2011, 08:24 PM
I KNEW it! I knew there was a super costume in her closet somewhere. But I never could find it.. or the copy of the Mom's Handbook.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!