/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how important is it to grow a beard?

Jordan
05-20-2011, 12:45 PM
i've read about how growing a beard is a sign of deep devotion, and about various lengths. some say you should be able to wrap a fist around it with 2 inches coming out of the bottom.

whenever i try to grow a beard, it's an epic fail. thanks to crap genes from my dad :) it grows fine it bits but not at all in others and looks ridiculous :embarrass

so how important is growing a beard?

thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
05-21-2011, 04:16 AM
I'll let someone else answer the importance part.

But my beard initially grew in patches too. I thought it'd always be like that, lol. I've never shaved in my life. Just scissor trims, if anything. And it grew out just fine. You couldn't even tell that it ever grew it patches. :)

Woodrow
05-21-2011, 04:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jordan
i've read about how growing a beard is a sign of deep devotion, and about various lengths. some say you should be able to wrap a fist around it with 2 inches coming out of the bottom.

whenever i try to grow a beard, it's an epic fail. thanks to crap genes from my dad :) it grows fine it bits but not at all in others and looks ridiculous :embarrass

so how important is growing a beard?

thanks
I had the same problem. Until I was 65 years old I could not even grow a 5 o'clock shadow. But the first Ramadan after I accepted Islam, I grew a full beard.

I doubt very much Allaah(swt) will hold you to blame for what you can not do. so just ignore anyone who questions your lack of beard.Not every race of people has facial hair.

al yunan
05-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Assalamu Alaikum brother,

I also inherited hairless genes but as soon as I started to pray it grew. Brother you will hear thousand of similar stories, keep trying.
Some people can only grow goatees, You should not worry what others think as you are not growing it for them.
Inshallah in time you will get a beard. To any that make fun of you ignore them as they have no Adab.
As for the importance of having a beard it all depends on who you talk to.
To most it's a Sunnah and we do it to emulate our beloved Prophet s.a.w.

Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jordan
05-21-2011, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I had the same problem. Until I was 65 years old I could not even grow a 5 o'clock shadow. But the first Ramadan after I accepted Islam, I grew a full beard.
Amazing story that :D

Kabeer
05-21-2011, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

I doubt very much Allaah(swt) will hold you to blame for what you can not do. so just ignore anyone who questions your lack of beard.Not every race of people has facial hair.
I'ts a hairy miracle! :D

Peace

al yunan
05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Our beard story told with no Fear
About inherited genes we Hear
Not all who claim to be a rightful Heir
will eventually be left with no facial Hair
And should you think this rhyme is made from Air
you've never heard the one about the Hare

alitehrani29
05-31-2011, 11:14 PM
Everyone has commented on their beard, but not a single person has said what islam thinks about beard. I am a 15 year old boy and to be honest I'm not a big fan of beard. Am i suppose to grow one or not? Please reply since i'm kind of lost.

Who Am I?
06-01-2011, 03:05 PM
For the brothers who can't grow a full beard, don't feel bad. I can't grow a full beard either, so I settle for having a goatee.

al yunan
06-02-2011, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by alitehrani29
Am i suppose to grow one or not? Please reply since i'm kind of lost.

Yes all Muslim males should based on emulating the prophet s.a.w.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!