/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If someone broke into your house...

Samiun
05-20-2011, 01:56 PM
:sl:, What will YOU do??

Select your options :) I prefer calling the cops then take some video footage of the burglar ;D.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
05-20-2011, 03:15 PM
A lot will depend on where you live. where I live calling the cops is not an option, it would take a minimum of an hour for a sheriff's deputy to get here. If you live in an isolated area the best choice it to assume the intruder knows you are at home, the intruder is armed and most likely has the intent to kill you. So you act in self protection and do what needs to be done to stop the intruder or find a way to get out of the house un noticed and don't come back until you are certain the intruder is gone.

A firearm should never be used as intimidation or warning. A gun is made for the single purpose of killing. Never use a firearm unless you know the only way you can stop a person is by killing them. this stuff about shooting in the leg or arm to stop them does not work. It only gets the intruder mad. To stop a person you need to render them incapable of moving and a firearm only does that in one way.

al yunan
05-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Salam to all,

If the burglar is bigger than you and you have no weapon, you could always pretend to be a fellow burglar and at first opportunity scram.

Masalam

Kabeer
05-20-2011, 03:37 PM
A friends house was broken into and their teenage brother was there, and hit the guy with his cricket bat and they ran away! pretty lucky he didnt get knifed though...

I guess it really depends on the situation, usually safer not to risk your health. But if they try to violate certain things, then one would have to risk ones life.

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
05-20-2011, 03:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kabeer
A friends house was broken into and their teenage brother was there, and hit the guy with his cricket bat and they ran away! pretty lucky he didnt get knifed though...

I guess it really depends on the situation, usually safer not to risk your health. But if they try to violate certain things, then one would have to risk ones life.

peace
Very true, material objects are not worth harming another person over or risk getting yourself hurt over.

AmineH
05-20-2011, 03:58 PM
salaam
First of all I call the cops, then try to take some video footage of the burglar and if he/she wants to escape , I will take some pans or pots to control him/her .:D

ProudMuslimSis
05-20-2011, 04:27 PM
In any confrontation, most likely will lead to you being harmed as well, so better to let the professionals handle it. Material things can always be replaced.

But, did you know that in some U.S. states, most likely rural, there is a Make My Day law -- which says people who use deadly force to protect themselves in their homes can't be prosecuted.

GuestFellow
05-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Salaam,

I would hit him with a bat, tie him up and call the police. I would be tempted to tape his mouth too...

Woodrow
05-20-2011, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
In any confrontation, most likely will lead to you being harmed as well, so better to let the professionals handle it. Material things can always be replaced.

But, did you know that in some U.S. states, most likely rural, there is a Make My Day law -- which says people who use deadly force to protect themselves in their homes can't be prosecuted.
True and in other states it is illegal to use deadly force even for self protection.

I can't recall which states have the Shoot the Burglar law. Texas may still have it. Probably a few other southern states also still have it. Up here in North Dakota the State legislature recently approved it, but I do not know if it a law yet.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Asssalaamu Alaaykum

I would probably kindly tell them to leave, its not their house, they wouldnt like it I just walked into their place and start picking up whatever I wanted or beat someone for completely no reason, that is really silly..

But if non of that made sense to them I would just maybe run or if im too late I would try defend myself..

Recite the Duaas for protection..

Seeking protection from Allaah SWT..

.. peace ..

Rhubarb Tart
05-20-2011, 04:55 PM
I would call the police. I think it is ridiculous to attack someone because he or she attempted to steal worthless material stuff from your home. I can’t believe the British people reaction to 16 years old boy who was killed by a man because he attempted to steal from his home. I DONT call that self defence! What I call self defence is if that person attacked you or tried to whilst attempting to steal from you. That was not the case for that boy who was murdered.

Amanda
05-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Call the police... but only because I'm in an area where I know they will be able to respond quickly... I grew up in an area like Woodrow, and hate to even think of the lack of options that one might have in that case. *shudder*

Beardo
05-20-2011, 05:25 PM
I would call the cops and a friend while also running to the kitchen for a knife... and then panic and run out of the house and knock on my neighbor's door.

aadil77
05-20-2011, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Asssalaamu Alaaykum

I would probably kindly tell them to leave, its not their house, they wouldnt like it I just walked into their place and start picking up whatever I wanted or beat someone for completely no reason, that is really silly..

.. peace ..
lol what planet do you live on?

Revert 2010
05-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Salaam,I would tell them to take whatever they wanted and leave as long as they are not a threat to my family, material things can be replaced people unfortunately cannot be.

Ansariyah
05-20-2011, 05:46 PM
The most funniest story happened in our home when I thought someone tried to break in. About 2am, I heard this big smash. I instantly jumped and thought OMG someone's trying to break in. I went to my sister's room and I woke them up and told them to come inside my room. I locked the door and said, "Someone just broke a window downstairs, I believe its a burglar." They looked at me shocked, "What?"

I was like, "Seriously! Believe me! There's someone downstairs!" They asked me again, "How do you know?"
"I'm a light sleeper...someone broke a window I heard it believe me," I said.

So they panic, and I'm like "We all have to stay in this room together. Don't try to go downstairs."

We call the cops. When they finally came, they were outside. We were talking to them from the window and they asked us "Is anybody gonna come down to open the door?' I said, "Are you kidding? The burglar is downstairs!" There were like 6 cops down there.

One of them goes "If you don't mind us breaking your front door, we can come in." My sista got worried about my moms reaction when she returns from holiday. Kicking the door was out of question. The cops were like, "Then just come quickly down the stairs and open the door for us, if the burglar gets to u by then we will just get in by force."

We looked at each other...someone had to do the inevitable but we were all freaking out. Someone had to go. It was me. I was scared, but quickly went down the stairs and opened the door for the cops. They busted in, checked the backyard, and all the rooms downstairs. There was no sign of any window that was broken.

One of the cop asked me "Where were you when you heard the burglar and what exactly did you hear?" I explain the loud smash that sounded like glass breaking.
They ask us "Can we check upstairs?" They check every room, and then they find in the bathroom one of the lights exploded literally everywhere, pieces all over the floor. They call us to the bathroom and ask me "When did this happen?" All of a sudden it all made sense: the loud noise, the smash. It was the light that exploded lol.

I’m like, "Sorry!":embarrass. But the cops were so cool they were like '‘You should not say sorry, we applaud you for what you did tonight. Would there have been a real burglar here what you did gathering all the family into one room and making sure no one went downstairs is excellent. That’s what we would have advised. So well done for looking out for your family.

My family is still making fun of me for that day. lol

smile
05-20-2011, 05:51 PM
home was robbed
not there alhumdulillah
daily occurance in SA

cops come 2 hours later
would be to scared to confront criminal
coz he/her probably have gun/knife

Woodrow
05-20-2011, 05:57 PM
When I was growing up we were extremely poor. I can remember one night my sister could not sleep and said she was scared a burglar was going to break in. My mother laughed and said "If one did we can gang up and rob him and buy a loaf of bread tomorrow."

Alpha Dude
05-20-2011, 07:12 PM

I’m like, "Sorry!":embarrass. But the cops were so cool they were like '‘You should not say sorry, we applaud you for what you did tonight. Would there have been a real burglar here what you did gathering all the family into one room and making sure no one went downstairs is excellent. That’s what we would have advised. So well done for looking out for your family.
lol, that was very professional of them. Most would have had a really good laugh.

Ghazalah
05-20-2011, 07:27 PM
If I was able to get my hands on like a bat or something or a pan, then I would go look for them and scream and shout that I'm going to kill them. Believe me they will freak out. However most of the time I don't have anything to hit them with so just call the police or my brother. :D

Beardo
05-20-2011, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
The most funniest story happened in our home when I thought someone tried to break in. About 2am, I heard this big smash. I instantly jumped and thought OMG someone's trying to break in. I went to my sister's room and I woke them up and told them to come inside my room. I locked the door and said, "Someone just broke a window downstairs, I believe its a burglar." They looked at me shocked, "What?"

I was like, "Seriously! Believe me! There's someone downstairs!" They asked me again, "How do you know?"

So they panic, and I'm like "We all have to stay in this room together. Don't try to go downstairs."

We call the cops. When they finally came, they were outside. We were talking to them from the window and they asked us "Is anybody gonna come down to open the door?' I said, "Are you kidding? The burglar is downstairs!" There were like 6 cops down there.

One of them goes "If you don't mind us breaking your front door, we can come in." My sista got worried about my moms reaction when she returns from holiday. Kicking the door was out of question. The cops were like, "Then just come quickly down the stairs and open the door for us, if the burglar gets to u by then we will just get in by force."

We looked at each other...someone had to do the inevitable but we were all freaking out. Someone had to go. It was me. I was scared, but quickly went down the stairs and opened the door for the cops. They busted in, checked the backyard, and all the rooms downstairs. There was no sign of any window that was broken.

One of the cop asked me "Where were you when you heard the burglar and what exactly did you hear?" I explain the loud smash that sounded like glass breaking.
They ask us "Can we check upstairs?" They check every room, and then they find in the bathroom one of the lights exploded literally everywhere, pieces all over the floor. They call us to the bathroom and ask me "When did this happen?" All of a sudden it all made sense: the loud noise, the smash. It was the light that exploded lol.

LOOOOLLLL!!!! I LITERALLY LOL-ED!!! HAHAHAHAHAH! O MY GOD THAT IS HILARIOUSSS!!! That made my day. xDD

Masha-Allah. :P The cops were just trying to make you not feel stupid, by the way. Don't get all hyped up about it. :P

Beardo
05-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Actually, my bedroom is in front of the house. So my friend knows this. EVERYTIME he comes to my house, he either bangs on my window or he yells "NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM" and I start yelling and screaming each and every time, lol. >_> It's all because of the ONE time I scared him when he left his house... lol

missy
05-20-2011, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
When I was growing up we were extremely poor. I can remember one night my sister could not sleep and said she was scared a burglar was going to break in. My mother laughed and said "If one did we can gang up and rob him and buy a loaf of bread tomorrow."
SubhanAllah!! :cry:
May Allah SWT Reward your mother for her patience! Ameen.
love her sense of humor......some people just get frustrated at times of trials...*sigh*

missy
05-20-2011, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
If I was able to get my hands on like a bat or something or a pan
Just like Rapunzel hits Flynn Rider in Tangled…..

:clever:

Mr.President
05-20-2011, 08:14 PM
if they tried to kill me ill kill them or if that crook runs away ill let him go ... y should I get tired btw I dnt get into those kinds of trouble cuz Im <READ MY NAME !!!>

GuestFellow
05-20-2011, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
If I was able to get my hands on like a bat or something or a pan, then I would go look for them and scream and shout that I'm going to kill them. Believe me they will freak out. However most of the time I don't have anything to hit them with so just call the police or my brother. :D
:sl:

If I had the time, I would heat the pan up, with some oil in it and pour it over the burglar's head...

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2011, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
lol what planet do you live on?
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Well.....:exhausted

Earth!:skeleton:

Actually to be honest I would actually do what i posted..and be freaked out at the same time ofcourse..or to re-phrase it, kindly tell them to take what they want and leave and not harm anyone..whilst they're busy taking the stuff call the police..or you can just call the police when you hear a crash or see any sign of danger..

Surely everyone would freak out in such an unknown and uncomfortable situation in some cases they would grab a bat and beat the person like many have mentioned here..

Cabdullahi
05-20-2011, 09:26 PM

moral of the story never buy cheap light bulbs

Samiun
05-21-2011, 11:12 AM
:sl:
The quietone has spoken.........

Ok I'll be honest here, a couple of days ago someone stealthily went to my house and stole my maid's handphone. Alhamdulillah, he didn't encounter my maid because she was upstairs answering an anonymous phone call. If I were there during that time, I would probably take my camera out and record him while his making a run for it.

Re.TiReD
05-21-2011, 11:45 AM
If it's a she just let loose a spider or something.

gladTidings
05-21-2011, 12:07 PM
Tell them that the cops are on there way. If that fails yes the fry pan idea.

In reality I would probably pass out before I hurt anyone.

I was almost mugged one time as I was leaving my house with just my pillow and toothbrush to sleep over at my friends house around the corner. The dude wanted £2 to buy his bus ticket so I went back in to get it and then waited for him to go before I left for my friends place. Cool, calm and collected (sortof).

S_87
05-21-2011, 07:18 PM
a mixture of panic/call the cops/ and go towards the noise with my back to the wall to investigate if im alone

if someone else is home-scream the house down

Ansariyah
05-21-2011, 07:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by thequietone
moral of the story never buy cheap light bulbs
The reason they popped like that is cause the light was on too long. =p
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo

LOOOOLLLL!!!! I LITERALLY LOL-ED!!! HAHAHAHAHAH! O MY GOD THAT IS HILARIOUSSS!!! That made my day. xDD

Masha-Allah. :P The cops were just trying to make you not feel stupid, by the way. Don't get all hyped up about it. :P
lol I know that wat I did wasnt the smartest thing, but as unbelievable as it sounds the cops admiration towards me was pretty genuine=)

format_quote Originally Posted by Lowlife
lol, that was very professional of them. Most would have had a really good laugh.
Who knows maybe after they left they did laugh lol

IslamicRevival
05-22-2011, 01:17 AM
Edited
a
a
a
a
a
a delete please

Woodrow
05-22-2011, 06:35 AM

The reason they popped like that is cause the light was on too long. =p

lol I know that wat I did wasnt the smartest thing, but as unbelievable as it sounds the cops admiration towards me was pretty genuine=)

Who knows maybe after they left they did laugh lol
You did the best thing possible. far better to feel a little foolish, then risk getting yourself and/or others killed or injured. You can be assured the policeman's comment was sincere, most police officers prefer a call to end with it being found to be a mistake. Then somebody ignoring what could have been an intruder.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!