http://inthearena.blogs.cnn.com/2011...y-may-21-2011/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
missy
05-20-2011, 02:16 PM
SubhanAllah!! how ignorant people are!

May Allah SWT Guide us to the Straight Path. Ameen

Woodrow
05-20-2011, 02:38 PM
This happens so often I am surprised that no country has an annual "Judgement Day" holiday.

Sadly these things tend to make us lax in preparing for Judgement Day. We must avoid letting the foolishness of some people, lessen the seriousness of that which we must always be ready for.

GuestFellow
05-20-2011, 02:47 PM
...How bizarre.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
05-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Tomorrow, eh? Oh, darn. Already registered for courses. Well, been nice knowing you guys. lol

GuestFellow
05-20-2011, 03:14 PM
^ On the bright side, for me, I have no more exams! :) *throws confetti*

Samiun
05-20-2011, 03:26 PM
:sl: let's get in the BUNKERRRRRRR

al yunan
05-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Salam to all,

All one can say is "Only in America"
Shukr Allah wal Alhamdulillah.

Masalam

Ramadhan
05-20-2011, 03:39 PM
:sl:
I wish people are reminded and going back to the path of Allah SWT.
But sadly, as unc. Woodrow said, this kind of prediction increasing in frequency would only make people taking the whole judgement day casually.

Is there any industry/commerce that benefit from these stupid predictions? clairvoyant industry?

GuestFellow
05-20-2011, 03:42 PM
^ The media.

Kabeer
05-20-2011, 03:49 PM
It's doomsday everyday depending on who you speak to lol.
Eventually one of these people will be right! :D

ProudMuslimSis
05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Is Harold Camping serious?

"The purpose of the earthquake is three-fold: it will be enormously destructive as God is destroying the earth. Secondly, the people who died as true believers, they will come out of their tombs with their glorified spiritual bodies and will be caught up to be with Christ."

And, he has a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley! I guess this proves education alone is not enough.

Darth Ultor
05-20-2011, 04:17 PM
I guess his degree really is BS.

YieldedOne
05-20-2011, 04:24 PM
This was a great take on this. Last paragraph...

I'm not buying the numerology that Harold Camping is selling for the usual reasons: Jesus said no one would know the day or the hour, except the Father, and Camping has been wrong before. Other than that, I may not have changed that much since I was a child. I still love Jesus and I still worry sometimes about where the future is headed, to be honest. It's a crazy world out there. But I've pinned my hopes on a God who is a restorer and not a destroyer, who has not given birth to this entire teeming, beautiful universe for the purpose of eliminating all but a tiny remnant of human beings. Whether my end of days comes on Saturday (because, hey, anything is possible) or 50 years from now, I won't spend my energy trying to see it coming. I've been there. I've done that. I won't get fooled again.

Personally, I've never understood the whole prediction-of-judgement-day phenomenon. If one lives day by day in total humility and dedication before God, what should one worry about? God will do what God will do...and He will be blessed however that goes. If someone cares more about God's glorification than about their own self-interested "salvation", then they won't fall into any of the craziness!

missy
05-20-2011, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
I guess this proves education alone is not enough.
LOL!!

CBC News: May 21: Judgment Day or party time?
Meanwhile Camping, who has been criticised by more mainstream Christians, said he knows "without any shadow of a doubt" that "Judgment Day" is arriving.

He told Reuters he will spend Saturday with his wife, close to a TV or radio.

"I'll be interested in what's happening on the other side of the world as this begins," he said. "There is no Plan B."

and Plan A is just so Awesome!! buh!!.... <_<
like seriously...i don't understand what people think when they confidently claim such things!!

Woodrow
05-20-2011, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ProudMuslimSis
Is Harold Camping serious?

"The purpose of the earthquake is three-fold: it will be enormously destructive as God is destroying the earth. Secondly, the people who died as true believers, they will come out of their tombs with their glorified spiritual bodies and will be caught up to be with Christ."

And, he has a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley! I guess this proves education alone is not enough.
He got his BS in 1942, Do you realize that makes him older than me?

Let him enjoy the visions of senility. Tomorrow could very well be his last day. I mean at over 90 years how many more days can he have left. Odds are in his favor that his last day will be tomorrow.

BTW I think it is already May 21, in some parts of the world.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I wonder what he will say on 22nd May....

If not then what will be said is Inna Lillaahi wa inna ilaayhi raji'oon...

Wa Alaahu Alam..

Ramadhan
05-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Live report: It's already 00:00 21 May 2011 here
Ka BOOOOM! AAARRGHHH!

(just kidding, that was me playing minesweeper :p)

Amanda
05-20-2011, 05:21 PM
This is just so ridiculous...

But at the same time, it is a reminder to live each day as if it could be our last. :)

Woodrow
05-20-2011, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amanda
This is just so ridiculous...

But at the same time, it is a reminder to live each day as if it could be our last. :)

True, and it can even be carried further to read:

But at the same time, it is a reminder to live each heart beat, as if it could be our last

ProudMuslimSis
05-20-2011, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
:sl:

Is there any industry/commerce that benefit from these stupid predictions? clairvoyant industry?
I just saw this on Yahoo News:

"A bevy of entrepreneurs hope to capitalize on believers' fear. A website called "Eternal Earth-Bound Pets" is offering to care for believers' furry friends after their masters have been Raptured and can no longer care for them--for a fee, of course. (The site, which claims to be the brainchild of a group of pet-loving atheists, claims it's not a joke, but we're not so sure.) There's also You've Been Left Behind, a kind of high-tech concierge service for the chosen, which will send their digital records to un-Raptured friends or loved ones for the low, low price of $14.95. NPR has rounded up an array of jokes the prediction has sparked on Twitter and other social media sites."

Maryan0
05-20-2011, 06:29 PM
My dad just told me about this. I'm going to have to get ready right away..we only have a day left. On the bright side I guess I wont have to work my 13.5 hour shift:exhausted
Salam

Perseveranze
05-20-2011, 06:58 PM
From my understanding, I don't think we've missed Jesus(pbuh)'s return yet, so how do these Christians possibly ignore that logic (in there beliefs).

Perseveranze
05-20-2011, 07:06 PM
delete this double post

czgibson
05-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Greetings,

http://www.familyradio.com/index2.html

Here's the website of the ministry promoting this idea. It seems very certain that the Day of Judgment is going to happen on Saturday: "The Bible guarantees it!"

I've bookmarked the site because I can't wait to see what it looks like on Sunday. If we and it are still here, of course.

Peace

Dirt 101
05-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Bwahahahaha!
Relax, everyone.

And if it should, uh, "end" tomorrow, what has anyone here to worry about? (except me, naturally...)

Actually, I wonder if it begins to end at the International Date-line out in the Pacific Ocean and progresses westwardly, or
will the whole thing wink out like a burnt-out light bulb? Perhaps the planet's nickel-iron core will explode? Maybe the places with the most evil-doers will go first? I mean, how does the process work?

Heart-beats are certainly good, in general terms, as well as for an interested cardiologist.

Breath may also be good, because it's immediacy and faithfulness helps to keep one focused and aware.
In fact, one can even begin to feel it... a sure sign of precious life within oneself, and without it, nothing is possible.

The first and last word one will ever speak. Ever.
Consider it... before someone's world ends.
Many are ending every moment...

czgibson
05-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Greetings,

Disappointment. The website still looks exactly the same.

Harold Camping has made a lot of money out of this hoax. No wonder he's nowhere to be found today. What a shame for the people who gave up their life savings to follow him. I expect many of his followers will need counselling after such an emphatic non-event.

Peace

Reflections
05-22-2011, 01:32 PM
*Sigh* I feel sorry for the dude..he's probably lost it..I wonder how he must be feeling today lol ...I'm a survivor from 'Day of Judgement 21-05-11'...Feel free to take interviews on how I'm still alive and breathing :statisfie

al yunan
05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacelover
like seriously...i don't understand what people think when they confidently claim such things!!
alfred E. Newman (Mad magazine)
What Me Worry....

ring a bell ?

czgibson
05-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Greetings,

Now the Family Radio website has changed completely and avoids all reference to the May 21 prediction. These guys have worked fast to transform the site's appearance considerably. How embarrassing.

There's a video on this page with Harold Camping trying to explain himself. According to the article, "he said he could not give financial advice to those who spent their life savings in the belief the end was nigh."

Peace

Darth Ultor
09-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Now it's October 21st.

Ramadhan
09-24-2011, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Now it's October 21st.
Really? where did you hear the latest revision?

And there I was preparing for 12-12-12

Darth Ultor
09-24-2011, 04:10 AM
Wikipedia. On May 21st, he said that it was a "Spiritual Judgment Day". On October 21st, it's gonna be the "real" thing. Okay, did this imbecile read the bible at all?

GuestFellow
09-24-2011, 11:15 AM
Now it's October 21st.
NO! I was born in October. O_O

Ramadhan
09-24-2011, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Say goodbye to your birthday presents this year...umm i mean ever!

Darth Ultor
09-24-2011, 01:27 PM
“But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only." -Matthew 24:36- One thing I'd like to tell that guy is, "If God didn't see fit to tell Jesus the date of the Judgment Day, why would He tell you?"

joyous fairy
09-24-2011, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Lol, me too!

Anyway, people must be pretty silly to continue to take notice of what he says. His followers, thats if he has any left, should have learnt by now!

Darth Ultor
10-12-2011, 03:08 AM
Ordering a pizza for Doomsday, October 21st.

Ramadhan
10-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Lucky you! My work schedule for 21st is very hectic :(

Darth Ultor
10-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Get one after work then :P.

GuestFellow
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm ordering a doomsday cake. :p:

Ramadhan
10-13-2011, 04:53 AM
Get one after work then :P.
You don't think it will be too late?
:skeleton:

Iconodule
10-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Wikipedia. On May 21st, he said that it was a "Spiritual Judgment Day". On October 21st, it's gonna be the "real" thing. Okay, did this imbecile read the bible at all?
I'm sure he's read it; the problem is that he follows the Protestant tradition of making up your own interpretations as you go along.

GuestFellow
10-13-2011, 10:25 PM

This cake looks delicious... :skeleton:

.iman.
10-14-2011, 03:32 PM
;D the Doomsday cake is hilarious. The countdown begins... 1 week left to put your order in!

Darth Ultor
10-20-2011, 11:50 AM
One day more. Another day, another destiny, this never ending road to calvary.

Darth Ultor
10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
So, is there a rain of fire and brimstone anywhere in the world?

joyous fairy
10-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Lol, its fine and dandy in my parts. I was just reading this thread and I forgot the dates and thought 21st was yesterday. Just a few hours of this day left :o :nervous:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!