/* */

PDA

View Full Version : None will enter Jannah due to their deeds..

Abu Muslim
05-20-2011, 03:51 PM
taken from Dhikrullah Blog
None will enter Jannah due to their deeds..

Narrated Abu Huraira: I heard Allah’s Apostle saying, “The good deeds of any person will not make him enter paradise.” (i.e., None can enter paradise through his good deeds.) They (the Prophet’s companions) said, ‘Not even you, O Allah’s Apostle?’ He said, “Not even myself, unless Allah bestows His favor and mercy on me.” So be moderate in your religious deeds and do the deeds that are within your ability: and none of you should wish for death, for if he is a good doer, he may increase his good deeds, and if he is an evil doer, he may repent to Allah.”

• Even if we were to do 100 years worth of deeds, our deeds will not be worth enough to accept us into paradise – it is only through Allaah’s infinite mercy that anyone enters paradise.
  • Allaah says: ““Eat and drink in good cheer in return for what you did [in life]!” [77:43] – there is no contradiction with the hadeeth and this ayah. Because of the good they did, Allaah is being kind to them and encompassing them in His kindness. It is not due to their deeds that they are entering paradise. Moreover, due to their good deeds, they are people whom Allaah loves.
  • There is never any contradiction between Quraan and Hadeeth – some ayah or hadeeth may simply just require an explanation.
  • Amongst the hadeeth, there are some that have been abrogated by others. Some the prophet (salAllaahu alayhi wa salam) did in earlier life while others he did in later life.
  • One should take the middle path in religion (but not like the modern day definition of modernists)
  • One should act according to the best of their ability, Allaah has made the religion easy (e.g if someone is unable to stand and pray, they may sit down and pray)
  • One should try their best to do what is closest to the right thing
  • Only Allaahs favour and mercy will make people enter paradise
  • One should constsantly do tawbah and increase in ones good deeds – “”And worship your Lord until there comes to you the certainty (i.e. death)” [15:99]
  • A Mujahid may wish for death as a special case because it is permissible to wish for shahadah.

*hadeeth found in Bukhari, Book 70, #577

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Perseveranze
05-20-2011, 07:15 PM
I think that's the difference between Islam/Christian regarding this. Muslims will say "Inshallah" (God Willing) we enter Paradise, however Christians feel like God has Garanteed it and doesn't have the power to deny anyone who has "faith in Jesus Christ".

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!