/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keep thinking I've broke my wudu

anonymous
05-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum to all,

Please can somebody help me in this problem I have, it's getting really bad for me now and making keeping wudu so difficult:

Basically from the second I start doing wudu my mind keeps focusing on it and I just can't stand still. I get so restless and I just can't make the thought go away. I'm trying so hard to not think about the fact that I'm in a state of wudu yet I just cannot get rid of it. And also, I so so so frequently get 'movements' and feelings as though wind has passed through. And i really don't know whether wind has passed through. It's getting so bad, I keep thinking that some wind will have always passed, even if I have not heard anything or smelled anything I feel sure that some wind has passed therefore my wudu has broken. And now I'm so tired of this that I'm just carrying on praying even if I say to myself it has broke because this is too much it really is . I just can't take it anymore I'm absolutely depressed I get so anxious at the thought of doing wudu and keeping it in between salaahs. I just cannot do it anymore, so I just keep my wudu. This is becoming too difficult for me and Allah knows my intentions so that is all I'm thinking about.

If i try to focus on worship I'm constantly getting bowel movements and these make me sure that I've passed wind, yet I carry on praying. I just cannot focus properly on anything, I've lost so much confidence, self esteem and happiness in myself. I used to be able to not think about it and hold my wudu for many hours, and now I cannot even go 15 minutes. I feel I have missed at least three Jummah's in a row because of this, even though I was present for the prayer. Now Allah has placed a seal on my heart, and I shall keep on worshipping Allah but this is becoming very difficult for me.

What am I supposed to do, I think I have so much patience and now I'm at my wit's end, Please can somebody help please :((((

Wasalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Innocent Soul
05-22-2011, 11:19 AM
These ahadith will answer your question.

Narrated 'Abbas bin Tamim: My uncle asked Allah's Apostle about a person who imagined to have passed wind during the prayer. Allah' Apostle replied: "He should not leave his prayers unless he hears sound or smells something." (Sahih Bukhari: Book #4, Hadith #139)

'Abbad b. Tamim reported from his uncle that a person made a complaint to the Apostle (may peace be upon him) that he entertained (doubt) as it something had happened to him breaking his ablution. He (the Holy Prophet) said: He should not return (from prayer) unless he hears a sound or perceives a smell (of passing wind). Abu Bakr and Zuhair b. Harb have pointed out in their narrations that it was 'Abdullah b. Zaid. (Sahih Muslim: Book #003, Hadith #0702)

Read this thread it's long but really beneficial.
http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...my-salaah.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!