/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How long will christians wait for the 'rapture'? another failed doomsday prophecy..

جوري
05-22-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_865267.html

well what can I see, except.. this is all very amusing.... :D^o)
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
05-22-2011, 07:23 PM
i don't know how long they'll wait, but i'd be more than happy if some of them just disappeared...

al yunan
05-22-2011, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor
i don't know how long they'll wait, but i'd be more than happy if some of them just disappeared...

Oh yes More than happy overjoyed, euphoric and dare a say it, a state or rapture !!!

Woodrow
05-22-2011, 08:29 PM
I believe these "predictions" have now become an annual event. Just a matter of time before some country has an Annual End of the World Day. Then Hallmark will start selling cards and the stores will be selling Rapture Decorations to decorate your home with.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
05-22-2011, 09:31 PM
:haha: I was gleefully waiting yesterday and when 6 pm came and went I figured maybe they didn't meant eastern standard time? so I gave them until 9 and sadly nothing .. and I thought what a delightful joke it would be if all the Muslims went into hiding and reports came out that Muslims all went to heaven and the Christians were left wondering why a middle eastern Jesus forgot to descend upon his worshipers in the U.S .. ;D ;D ;D

GuestFellow
05-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Salaam,

I have no idea why some people make these kinds of predictions.... o_o

Ramadhan
05-23-2011, 02:11 AM

Word!

(the annoying but necessary 12 chars)

Zafran
05-23-2011, 02:26 AM
salaam

we have 2012 coming up guys its not over yet.

peace

siam
05-23-2011, 05:33 AM
Matthew 16
"27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Some scholars (of Chrsitianity) say the "failed doomsday" prophesy happened at the time of Jesus Christ(pbuh) himself---who apparently thought the apocalypse was going to happen in his generation. ---it didn't---and that's why the Church had to come up with its "apologetics". (---various Christologies and other dogmas).

I wonder how Christians today explain away this passage above----about the failed doomsday.

Personally, I disagree with the scholars who say Jesus Christ was an "apocalyptic Prophet"-----I think he was a Prophet who was a (Jewsh) social reformer. Such an Image fits better with the Quranic Prophet Jesus(pbuh)

siam
05-23-2011, 05:38 AM
For some reason "rapture" always conjures up the image of raptor the dinosour (Velociraptor).....I always have this image of a Godzilla like animal/dinosaur eating up people-----considering what happened at Fukushima---maybe its not that farfetched?

CosmicPathos
05-23-2011, 06:00 AM
aah the feeling of rapture penetrates the carnality of my mind .....

Muslim Woman
05-23-2011, 06:39 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
.. and I thought what a delightful joke it would be if all the Muslims went into hiding and reports came out that Muslims all went to heaven
lol why did n't u tell us earlier ? :p

Ramadhan
05-23-2011, 10:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by siam
Matthew 16 "27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. 28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." Some scholars (of Chrsitianity) say the "failed doomsday" prophesy happened at the time of Jesus Christ(pbuh) himself---who apparently thought the apocalypse was going to happen in his generation. ---it didn't---and that's why the Church had to come up with its "apologetics". (---various Christologies and other dogmas). I wonder how Christians today explain away this passage above----about the failed doomsday. Personally, I disagree with the scholars who say Jesus Christ was an "apocalyptic Prophet"-----I think he was a Prophet who was a (Jewsh) social reformer. Such an Image fits better with the Quranic Prophet Jesus(pbuh)
One of the reasons why jesus (pbuh) followers didn't bother to preserve all his sayings and actions and guard them jealously right after he was raised up was because they expected that rapture would happen soon and that Jesus would be back in their lifetime.

aadil77
05-23-2011, 11:51 AM
only in america

Woodrow
05-23-2011, 04:29 PM
i was just playing looking at "End of the World" "Rapture" Predictions it seems there has been at least one a year for the past 100 years.

I knew it, it has become an annual event. As soon as Hallmark can design the proper card it should be the next National Holiday.

At least we can always use it as a reminder, we do not know when the day of Judgement will be upon us and many of us will not be ready for it.

YusufNoor
05-23-2011, 04:51 PM
the "end of the world' seemed to be a major selling point in early Christian dawah. "the world is ending VERY SOON, MAYBE TODAY OR TOMORROW! AND you are going to hell if you don't "accept" Jesus. never mind the details, just save me!

with the exception of the Pauline epistles, most Christian writings date from AT LEAST a generation later, late 60's onward.

i do have a suggestion: when crusader type folks get banned, put raptured instead of banned under their names! :hiding:

جوري
05-23-2011, 05:07 PM
put raptured instead of banned under their names!

:haha: love it.. pls.put it in the suggestion area so admin van see it..

LauraS
05-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Every generation is sure that "the end is nigh!" :p I was sitting with family next to a village church and the clock struck six and I was like it's now!! But wasn't it meant to be eleven in the UK? I really wouls have liked to have seen a live reaction of those who believed it as the time came and went....to be fair this was a small minority of Christians. I really think it's daft of the media to keep reporting these end of the world prophecies though because it can really scare people. My mum works in a school and during a different one before children were coming up to her in tears because they'd heard it was the end of the world and they thought they were going to die. :(

Considering
05-23-2011, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77
only in america
No, but we do have a lot of it. The practice of predicting the end of the world goes back...well, practically forever. Europeans were overrun with people preparing for doomsday in 1000 AD, 1033 AD, etc.

In America, we had the Millerites in the 1800s.

YusufNoor
05-24-2011, 08:58 PM
doh!

here we go again:

Camping, the 89-year-old East Bay preacher who gained international fame with his prediction that the rapture would come at 6 p.m. Saturday, admitted he misinterpreted the Bible [ya think?], and that May 21 was not really the end of the world but the spiritual beginning of the physical end. [the who of the what?]

"Were not changing a date at all [nosireebob!]; we're just learning that we have to be a little more spiritual about this," he said in a rambling 90-minute broadcast that was part sermon, part press conference. "But on Oct. 21, the world will be destroyed. It won't be five months of destruction. It will come at once."
http://www.seattlepi.com/national/ar...ll-1392684.php

nope, not changing that date at all...^o)

well, except for the date!:p

LauraS
05-24-2011, 09:03 PM
doh!

here we go again:

http://www.seattlepi.com/national/ar...ll-1392684.php

nope, not changing that date at all...^o)

well, except for the date!:p
^^lol! Excuses... :P

YM Usrah Umar
05-24-2011, 09:29 PM
ignorant....very ignorant

Who Am I?
05-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I figure as long as people keep predicting it, it will not happen.

I just hope I have everything figured out by then if it happens in my lifetime. Though I have to admit, I supposed it would be humorously ironic if the world ended just as I was starting to change my life around...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!