/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Translations and Text Editor

Cala
05-23-2011, 10:02 PM
I posted an intro here awhile back, but didn't get e-mail replies - so I was unaware of the replies I got, one asking which translation I was reading of the Qur'an. I will answer that, but the reason I came back was to ask for a recommendation on a text editor for both Arabic and English. Also, I will have to see if I can fix my settings here so that I get e-mail notifications of replies.

The translation I'm reading is by Professor (Dr.) Syed Vickar Ahamed. I have a translation by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, but have since heard there is controversy regarding his translation, and I also have an Arabic-only authentic Qur'an. Of course, I cannot read that one, but I hope to be able to some day!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afra_94
05-27-2011, 09:03 PM
one asking which translation I was reading of the Qur'an.
Hi
I just wanted to emphasize on the fact that there are NO Quran translations. What we translate are explanations of Quran.

but the reason I came back was to ask for a recommendation on a text editor for both Arabic and English
What's a text editor? what kind of text editors do you mean?

Cala
06-04-2011, 09:41 PM
I just now got the reply notification for this. A text editor is a software program, like NoteTab Light. Also, Window computers come with them built in, like Notepad or Wordpad. You type in them to create documents/letters. I wanted to be able to use Arabic text, and thought people here would know about Arabic text editors.

Outside of that, in my continuing look into Islam, I came across this, and it is disturbing to me:

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Whoever keeps a (pet) dog which is neither a watch dog nor a hunting dog, will get a daily deduction of two Qirat from his good deeds."
Now, I know that many things in the Bible are ignored and irrelevant, even to those who say they follow it. Do Muslims really not have pets like the family dog, or do they ignore this type of message?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!