/* */

PDA

View Full Version : r u satified with ur islam

tigerkhan
05-24-2011, 11:11 AM
:sl:
i have this depression. i always see Islam as what was in the life of prophet PBUH and Suhaba RA. and i always wish and struggle for that. but today that thing is too rare.... we have no such eman, no such ebidaat/salat, akhlaaq, living style, simplicity, knowledge, taqwa....

rather sometime i see some hadiths and got depressed that whether Allah swt accept our this islam or not? eg let to talk of dunia. in hadiths there is too much warning for Muslim to don’t love it and it has been said that there will be few ppl who on day of judgment come with bundle of good deeds but sent to hell bcz they were dunia lover. so u see life of suhaba ra, how much they had cared for this. so simplicity in dressing, eating, houses, marriages, etc etc even after conquest of Iran and Rom.

but we are indulged in it and we never think whether we are right or not. i see most of ppl are satisfied. Some are satisfied on salats that they pray 5 time, and those who give zakat think they are most pious ppl of the world…

i want a true islam and surely it needs years of struggle as suhaba RA did.

anyway the purpose of thread was to think of our direction and lets think is we practicing what ALLAH Swt wants from us or we are satisfied on some lower level of that. What will be the way to attain that required level ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
05-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey did you forget the Chapter of Luqman - The holy Quran says do not forget you right from this world and be a muhsin just as Allah swt was a muhsin to you,

Do not get depressed use the wordly things Allah has given you in the cause of Him and He will accpet you ,

Please do not lose hope in Allah's mercy and Forgiveness, we are in the same situation , but atleast you feel like you want to do something atleast you have some ambition

As for me i am not satisified with my self as i am not fullfilling all the duties Allah has ordered me to do , but i still have hope.

I hope you get more replies, from the people in the forum

I hope this helped.

Salaam

ardianto
05-25-2011, 11:39 AM

Brother Tigerkhan, did you learn Islam from internet ?

Riana17
05-25-2011, 11:45 AM
you have nothing to be upset about, when your heart is pure and you know you keep runnin away from shaytan - thats good enough

there is called obligation and sunnah - we must do our obligation and some sunnah to balance our doubts (if we have)

like for example in prayer, zakat, we can add sunnah prayer or pay a little more (if we have extra)

we all know intention can save us more than anything else, so inshallah let us clear our mind always and remember Allah swt is always watching us

SALAM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gladTidings
05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't think I will ever be satisfied with my imaan. We are far away from perfection but brother, have hope, this is part of our imaan too.

I think the way in which we can excel inshAllah is to accept our circumstances and do the best in them. For example, sometimes I feel once I am at this stage of life or out of this problem, I can concentrate better on my deen. However, its the journey that matters. You know sometimes I think once I am married I can better fulfill my obligations because I will be free from my current responsibilities and inshAllah I will find someone with similar aims in life. I think Im learning to stop dreaming about becoming that better person but start working towards it inshAllah. We should continue to struggle to be the best through all of our circumstances. Also brother you have to realise what may seem like worldly activities can be part of our amal with the correct intentions.

And His mercy prevails His wrath.

YusufNoor
05-25-2011, 09:08 PM

NEVER be satisfied with "your Islam!" try to do better tomorrow, tonight, your next prayer, your next du'a! everyday you can look back with remorse on the mistakes you have made and genuinely desire to do better to be closer to Allah. seek His help and guidance.

even if you have done good, la hawla wa la quwatta illa billah. if it wasn't for Allah allowing you to do it - it wouldn't have been done. so we have no merits to rely on.

STRIVE to make Allah satisfied with "your Islam!"

wa Salaam

al yunan
05-25-2011, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan
i have this depression. i always see Islam as what was in the life of prophet PBUH and Suhaba RA. and i always wish and struggle for that. but today that thing is too rare.... we have no such eman, no such ebidaat/salat, akhlaaq, living style,

Walaikum Assalam brother,

I only want to mention to you one Hadith which I hope lifts your spirits as it did mine when I learned of it a long time ago.

The prophet s.a.w Inshallah said " My brothers are in the future and when the Sahaba asked how come those people in the future are his brothers and not them he replied because they will love me and follow my Sunna even though they have never met me" (not ad verbum)

Inshallah something to look forward too and strive for.:D
Masalam

gladTidings
05-25-2011, 10:03 PM
^SubhanAllah this hadith came to me when I was replying to this thread

al yunan
05-25-2011, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by peĆ£rl
SubhanAllah this hadith came to me when I was replying to this thread

Salam sister,

You know what they say "great minds think alike and fools seldom differ"

Masalam

tigerkhan
05-26-2011, 05:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Brother Tigerkhan, did you learn Islam from internet ?
my respected bro, u make me LOL. islam to me is not only to gain information but it start from iman and tazkiya upto submission to every commandment of allah swt. u tell me how can one learn taqwa, tawakal, zuhud by internet.
i learn islam from hijra and company of Ulama.

tigerkhan
05-26-2011, 05:43 AM
jazak allah o khairen kaseera for ur replies.

ardianto
05-26-2011, 08:14 AM

my respected bro, u make me LOL. islam to me is not only to gain information but it start from iman and tazkiya upto submission to every commandment of allah swt. u tell me how can one learn taqwa, tawakal, zuhud by internet.
i learn islam from hijra and company of Ulama.
I love humor, my respected brother, but I will not make joke for a serious matter like this.

I asked that question because you looked like questioning Islam. If your thread title is "Are you satisfied with your Iman" I would not ask you, but your thread title is "Are you satisfied with your Islam". And also you wrote you got depressed (and maybe confused) after you read hadith.

Brother, there are Muslims who always ask "Is my Islam correct ?", and they are also in confusion after read hadith and Qur'an. I found, many of Muslims like them used internet as their main source in learn Islam, also they learnt Islam from internet without teacher in the real world. That's why I asked that question.

But if your main source in learn Islam are Islamic teachers in the real world, ....... Alhamdulillah.

tigerkhan
05-26-2011, 09:14 AM
^very true. jazakallh o khair for correction.
the title should be "r u satisfied with ur eman". my fault.
And also you wrote you got depressed (and maybe confused) after you read hadith
actually its bcz sometime i read or hear a hadith about dunia and i feel bit depressed. we are very different from Suhaba RA and Prophet PBUH in the sense they use to cry when this fitna of maal came to them and we are struggling for it day and night. and almost all muslim either practicing or not have made this ultimate goal of life to earn more and more and make life full of luxury as much as possible.
i mean we dont have Zuhud, Simplicity and our heart is full with diseases but we dont care and think of it ? Y ????

tigerkhan
05-26-2011, 09:18 AM
in one hadith it has been said that if a person prefer dunia over deen and then he recite shahada "la illa ha illala", Allah SWT replied form skies that U R a lier.

ardianto
05-26-2011, 12:44 PM
^very true. jazakallh o khair for correction.
the title should be "r u satisfied with ur eman". my fault.
actually its bcz sometime i read or hear a hadith about dunia and i feel bit depressed. we are very different from Suhaba RA and Prophet PBUH in the sense they use to cry when this fitna of maal came to them and we are struggling for it day and night. and almost all muslim either practicing or not have made this ultimate goal of life to earn more and more and make life full of luxury as much as possible.
i mean we dont have Zuhud, Simplicity and our heart is full with diseases but we dont care and think of it ? Y ????
in one hadith it has been said that if a person prefer dunia over deen and then he recite shahada "la illa ha illala", Allah SWT replied form skies that U R a lier.
Abdurrahman ibn Auf (ra) was known as "billionaire", he's a rich businessman, but he did not stop his business activity after he embraced Islam. Is it means Abdurrahman ibn Auf prefer dunia ?.

I know you have a big question in your heart, "how to live under Islam in this modern day ?", and this question makes you so worry.

My brother, if you have a question, why don't you ask to knowledgeable person who can answer your question ?. You are living in Pakistan, that is a Muslim country where many religious Muslims are living there. And is not difficult to find Islamic teachers in Pakistan.

Ask your question to an Islamic teacher in your place, and learn from him. Inshaallah, your teacher can teaches and guides you how to live under Islam in this modern day.

al yunan
05-26-2011, 01:01 PM
I know you have a big question in your heart, "how to live under Islam in this modern day ?", and this question makes you so worry.
Assalamu Alaikum brother ardianto,

Are you sure you can deal:exhausted with kelam kabut :omg:dan degil ?;D

Masalam

ardianto
05-26-2011, 03:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Assalamu Alaikum brother ardianto,

Are you sure you can deal:exhausted with kelam kabut :omg:dan degil ?;D

Masalam
Wa'alaikum Salam.

No problem with "kelam kabut", I can use fog lamp. But deal with "degil" guy ? ..... ho, ho, .... no way !

Bro, there are words and idiom in Indonesian/Malaysian language that have different meaning if it used in one of these two countries. And "Kelam kabut" and "degil" are including in it.

In Indonesia, if I need someone to do something for me I can tell him/her "Aku butuh kau". But if I am in Malaysia and I tell a Malaysian woman "Aku butuh kau" ...... she will slaps me on my face. ;D

naquadir
05-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Assalamo 'elaikum Brother, I can fully understand the predicament that you have. But it is great to be not satisfied with the Imaan and Taqwa one have, and one should always be eager to increase that aspect more and more and keep on doing the work that Pleases Allah. One way to bring the people out of their safety zone is to keep asking them question which makes them look inwardly and make them realize that there is more to Islam than just praying 5 times.

Flame of Hope
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
:wa:

i have this depression. i always see Islam as what was in the life of prophet PBUH and Suhaba RA. and i always wish and struggle for that. but today that thing is too rare.... we have no such eman, no such ebidaat/salat, akhlaaq, living style, simplicity, knowledge, taqwa...
How do you know that it is rare?

Eman has to do with sincerity towards Allah in the heart. And sincerity is a thing that only Allah knows about. It's a thing that people are supposed to hide from others....if it is true sincerity.

So it's very possible that there are many people out there..... and yes.....in TODAY'S world who have strong eman.

We are supposed to have a good opinion of other people and think that they are far better than ourselves. If we thought in this way, we wouldn't see the faults of others at all.

We wouldn't think that it's a rare thing to find a person of strong faith in today's age and then become depressed about it.

Whether it's rare or not, only Allah knows.

Turn your vision inward..... not outward..... be concerned with your own self.... and leave alone matters that are beyond your control.

tigerkhan
05-27-2011, 06:25 AM
jazakallah o khairan kaseera for ur replies. all reply are really helping.

Flame of Hope
05-27-2011, 07:13 AM

jazakallah o khairan kaseera for ur replies. all reply are really helping.
Alhamdulillah!

Your statement gave me much cause for worry...... sorry for quoting it here again.....

i have this depression. i always see Islam as what was in the life of prophet PBUH and Suhaba RA. and i always wish and struggle for that. but today that thing is too rare.... we have no such eman, no such ebidaat/salat, akhlaaq, living style, simplicity, knowledge, taqwa...
The problem seems to be...... you believe you are doing your best in following the example of the Prophet (saws) and the sahabah (ra)..... you believe that you have iman, you do your salat, you have akhlaaq, you have the living style, the simplicity, the knowledge and taqwa...... you see all these things in yourself .....BUT you don't see these in others.

This is a problem because this is almost akin to pride in self-righteousness. Having humility is to consider others to be better than oneself. Not considering one's own self to be better than others.

So be wary of this trap brother. Shaytan doesn't care which path takes you astray, no matter how small and slight the detour from The Straight Way may be...... he doesn't care.....as long as it takes you astray.

tigerkhan
05-27-2011, 07:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
The problem seems to be...... you believe you are doing your best in following the example of the Prophet (saws) and the sahabah (ra)..... you believe that you have iman, you do your salat, you have akhlaaq, you have the living style, the simplicity, the knowledge and taqwa...... you see all these things in yourself .....BUT you don't see these in others.
Subhanallah.... u misunderstand. i never say that i am better than others. rather i sometime feel myself as worst person of the world.
i was just saying in general sense that we (i had never exclude myself anywhere in original post ) are weak in eman nowadays. how can we improve this to the level that suhaba RA and Prophet PBUH had.

So be wary of this trap brother. Shaytan doesn't care which path takes you astray, no matter how small and slight the detour from The Straight Way may be...... he doesn't care.....as long as it takes you astray
allah swt reward u for this care. insan ka khair-kawah wohi hota ha jo uski ghultion per usko mutnaba karta rahay. i learn alot from ur threads and still learning, so u can correct me where ever u see its necessary.

tigerkhan
05-27-2011, 07:40 AM
Subhanallah.... u misunderstand. i never say that i am better than others. rather i sometime feel myself as worst person of the world.
i was just saying in general sense that we (i had never exclude myself anywhere in original post ) are weak in eman nowadays. how can we improve this to the level that suhaba RA and Prophet PBUH had.

So be wary of this trap brother. Shaytan doesn't care which path takes you astray, no matter how small and slight the detour from The Straight Way may be...... he doesn't care.....as long as it takes you astray
allah swt reward u for this care. insan ka khair-kawah wohi hota ha jo uski ghultion per usko mutnaba karta rahay. i learn alot from ur threads and still learning, so u can correct me where ever u see its necessary.

Flame of Hope
05-27-2011, 08:30 AM

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Flame of Hope
05-27-2011, 08:38 AM

So the real question is are we satisfied with our eman.....

Well, I don't think anyone is satisfied. No matter how much you learn and no matter how much eman you might have, you can't ever be contented or satisfied with it.......because to be satisfied with it is tantamount to coming to a standstill..... becoming complacent and thinking well of one's self. A dangerous notion for anyone to entertain.

It is dangerous because that would make us guilty of a major sin....... feeling secure from the plan of Allah!

To improve our eman we must do what is recommended in the Sunnah: seek knowledge.

There is no other way. Hence, it has been mandatory for every Muslim, male and female to seek knowledge...... beneficial knowledge that will profit him/her in the Hereafter.

Flame of Hope
06-01-2011, 04:00 AM

I think we can get somewhere near that level if we have sufficient desire in our heart to get closer to Allah.

The key word then is DESIRE. Without it, nobody is going to achieve anything. A strong desire to get closer to Allah would yield a strong eman.

Desire is the starting point of all achievement.

Want to get closer to Allah? Want to have stronger eman? Want to reach the level of the sahabah (ra)? Then start with feeding your desire for what you want.

al yunan
06-01-2011, 05:15 AM
To improve our eman we must do what is recommended in the Sunnah: seek knowledge.
Desire is the starting point of all achievement.
Walaikum Assalam sister,

For now wa tawfiq wa hidaya,
Masalam

PS: I hope the above makes sence.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!