/* */

PDA

View Full Version : want to wear jilbab again

nutty
05-24-2011, 01:37 PM
assalamun alaikum every1

I used to wear the jilbab couple of years back but then i took it off cos i really dnt know why i took it off probably cos i wanted to wear colourful fashionable colothes imsad....anyways i got this feeling that i wana wear again but then am thinkin what if takek it off again wat if i fall into the trap of wantin to wear colourful clothes again...i no if i wore it again my sisters would be like why u wearing that for again...ud only take it off, what the point of wearing if ur gona take it off again..and their rty in a way no point in wearin jilbab if am gona take it off...

But the thing is i want to wear it but the only thin that stopin is what if i take it offf....I guess am luking for some encouragement

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
05-25-2011, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nutty
assalamun alaikum every1

I used to wear the jilbab couple of years back but then i took it off cos i really dnt know why i took it off probably cos i wanted to wear colourful fashionable colothes imsad....anyways i got this feeling that i wana wear again but then am thinkin what if takek it off again wat if i fall into the trap of wantin to wear colourful clothes again...i no if i wore it again my sisters would be like why u wearing that for again...ud only take it off, what the point of wearing if ur gona take it off again..and their rty in a way no point in wearin jilbab if am gona take it off...

But the thing is i want to wear it but the only thin that stopin is what if i take it offf....I guess am luking for some encouragement
:sl:

Allah Most High says:

'O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and believing women that they should cast their outer garments over their persons. That is most convenient that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Most Forgiving and Most Merciful'. (Surah al-Ahzab, 59).

The above verse is clear in determining that it is obligatory (fard) upon a woman to cover herself with a jilbab. This leaves us with a question, what is a jilbab?

It is stated in Lisan al-Arab:

'Jilbab, plural of Jalabib: an outer garment or a cloak with it a woman covers her head and chest. And it is said: It is a long cloak that covers a woman completely'. (Ibn Manzur, Lisan al-Arab, 2/317).

Sayyiduna Ibn Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him) states:

'Jilbab is long cloak that covers a woman from her head to her feet'. (Ruh al-Ma'ani, 22/88).

The above and other interpretations of Jilbab are clear that a jilbab is the outer garment that women must wear when emerging in front of strangers. This garment must be wide, loose, and modest and covers the body completely.

After the revelation of this verse, many female Companions (Allah be pleased with them all) used to emerge outside their homes with complete reticence as though birds were sitting on their heads. They used to cover themselves with long black cloaks. (See: Ruh al-Ma'ani, 22/89).

Therefore, a woman must cover her self with a loose and modest cloak when emerging in front of strangers. This may be a tradition veil (burqa) or some other garment.

Sister you would ONLY wear the jilbaab for the pleasure of Allah. That should be your sole purpose in your mind. NOT to please anyhone else. Therefore internalise in your mind and re-affirm your purpose for wearing the jilbaab in the first place:

"I am ONLY wearing the jilbaab for the sole pleasure of Allah and because it is a duty upon me to do so as a Muslim women. Therefore it does not matter to me what anyone else thinks or says for i am ONLY wearing it for Allah and it is between me and my lord not anyone else."

Keep reminding yourself of this everytime you feel down about wearing the jilbaab or if anyone says anything. If anyone does say anything then you should remind them of their duty as a Muslim women to wear a loose outer garment for it is proven in the Qur'an as well as the Sunnah.

Learn to love what Allah loves so if Allah loves the women to wear the jilbaab then in your mind also love that you wear it for his pleasure and therefore it would NEVER matter to you what anyone else thinks or says. Your purpose on this earth is to obey the commands of Allah and to do everything to please him so whatever pleases him we should do it and whatever displeases him we should keep away from it and hate it.

So love the jilbaab because it pleases Allah. It does not matter what anyone else thinks or says for the ONLY thing that matters is if it pleases Allah. On the day of judgement when we realise what we have missed out on then we will wish we were back on the earth again so that we can do EVERYTHING to please Allah and not have a care in the world what anyone else says or thinks because the amount of good that we would have missed out on in the hereafter just because we cared about what other people said or thought we would regret forever and wished we never cared.

So now is your chance to act. Do not regret forever the oportunity you missed to obey Allah and please him just because of other people. Those people will be accountable for their own lives and you will be accountable for yours so all that matters is that you are doing what is right in obeying Allah and doing whatever you are doing to please him for what others think or say is meaningless to you for you have no loyalty to do what they say to you if it goes against the commands of Allah.

So my sister wear it with your head held up high that you are doing it to because Allah commanded you to do so and that it will please him. Nothing else anyone says or thinks of you matters for ONLY the pleasure of Allah matters for it is ONLY between you and him and never was between you and anyone else.

May Allah give us all the ability to act upon the commands of Allah and do them with the best of our ability regardless of what anyone else thinks or says. Ameen

:wa:

sister herb
05-25-2011, 07:04 PM
Salam alaykum sister;

as brother wrote - you only please Allah, not other people. Don´t spend your time thinking as "what if I will again take it off and...". What if you don´t take it off again? May Allah make you strong in your faith to do what is right and avoid what is wrong.

nutty
05-27-2011, 05:36 PM
jazak-Allah for your replies..i think i will wear it..as you said its between me and Allah and nothing else matter really..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Cabdullahi
05-27-2011, 05:51 PM
colour catches the eye

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!