/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Attention! Companion Wanted!!

Flame of Hope
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
:sl:

Ha ha ha! I see that I got your ATTENTION. That's good.

It's a good thing to have friends but one has to chose the right friends. It looks like we have to choose our companions wisely.

Here's an article with information on what to look for in a companion:

-----------------------

Five Qualities to Look For In a Companion

When you try to find a companion in order that he may be your partner in acquisition of knowledge and your companion in your religious and secular matters, look for five qualities in him.

1. Intelligence. There is no good in the companionship of a stupid/ignorant man. Companionship with such a man end in isolation and separation. An enemy who is intelligent is better than a friend who is ignorant.

'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him said:

"Do not be in the company of an ignorant friend;
Beware of him and let him beware of you.

How often an ignorant man has brought destruction
to a forbearing man who has befriended him."

2. Good character. Do not be the companion of a man whose character is bad. He is one who is unable to control himself when he is angry and is overly excited when he desires something.

'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him said:

"Your true friend is he who is always with you,
And he who harms himself in order to help you,
And he who, when calamities of the time break you,
scatters his cloak in order to save you."

3. Piety. Do not be the companion of a fasiq who persists in major sin. This is because he who fears God does not persist in major sin, and he who does not fear God may cause you mischief; indeed, his attitude towards you will change with the changes in his luck and conditions.

Beware, because the constant sight of sin will remove the dislike of sin from your mind and will create the feeling that sin is something light.

4. Absence of greed. Companionship of a man greedy for the worldly matters is DEADLY poison, for human nature is such that the nature of one man tends to resemble that of another and to imitate it; indeed, a man's nature steals the qualities of another man's nature in such a way that he is not aware of it. Therefore, association with a greedy man will increase your greed.

5. Truthfulness. Do not be the companion of a liar, for he is like the mirage; he will show that which is remote near to you and that which is near remote from you.

. . . .

Men are of three categories:

One is like food from which no one can be independent.
Another is like medicine which is needed sometimes but not always.
The third one is like a disease which is never needed but with which man is sometimes afflicted.

~~~

[An excerpt from "Bidayat al-Hidayah" (Beginning of Guidance) by al-Imam al-Ghazzali]

-----------------------

P.S. After reading this, I'm wondering WHERE on earth can I find a companion like THAT?!!!!!! :omg:

But I'll keep searching......one mustn't lose hope.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Jazakallaahu Khaayr uktee..

Flame of Hope
05-24-2011, 10:46 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Jazakallaahu Khaayr uktee..
Since you have responded to the ad, I will include you in my list of Potential Candidates for Companionship.

However, before I do that, you have to agree to the terms.....and the terms are: You have to put my name in YOUR list. lol.

Who Am I?
05-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Forgive me if I am out of line by posting here, but those are some good lessons for me as a man (even if I am not a Muslim yet). Two of those issues in particular are things that I am struggling with even now, two things that I really want to change in my own life so that I can become a better man.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM

I'm wondering WHERE on earth can I find a companion like THAT?

Better question to ponder, am I worthy to be a companion for anyone? If yes, then I can look for one for myself.

May Ayob
05-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Salaam Sister
Barak Allah feeki, May Allah Bless you
Thank you very muuch , very interesting

JazakAllahu Khair.

Riana17
05-25-2011, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Flame
P.S. After reading this, I'm wondering WHERE on earth can I find a companion like THAT?!!!!!! But I'll keep searching......one mustn't lose hope.
SALAM sister
nice one yes you caught me lol

IN MY PERSONAL opinion you will likely to find it from our brothers and sisters only, like me:statisfie:statisfie:statisfie
seriously, bcoz Islam is black & white (very clear), educated Muslim are those who will tend to meet the points you mentioned

Who Am I?
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Better question to ponder, am I worthy to be a companion for anyone? If yes, then I can look for one for myself.
Exactly where I am right now. While I am tired of being alone, I realize that I am not the man I should be. So I need to improve myself first, and only then should I look around for someone to spend my life with. It has to be that way. I tried it in reverse once before it and it did not work.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!