/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When you hear...

Beardo
05-25-2011, 03:01 AM
When you hear someone say Ramadan, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
05-25-2011, 03:16 AM
Are you calling me, Boss?

Ramadhan
05-25-2011, 03:17 AM
joking aside, the first thing that comes to mind is definitely fasting

'Aleena
05-25-2011, 08:09 AM
:sl:

Eid :D and of course fasting:statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abu Zainab
05-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Yes fasting is the main thing but I dunno, for me its taraaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeeh. Man I feel happy just thinking about it.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The first thing that comes to mind is happiness that the month is here or on its way..if non then its time to prepare..

The feeling in the whole month is just a blessing!

Abu Zainab
05-25-2011, 08:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм
Assalaamu Alaaykum

The first thing that comes to mind is happiness that the month is here or on its way..if non then its time to prepare..

The feeling in the whole month is just a blessing!
Yeah...to me it feels like Eid everyday.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-25-2011, 09:55 AM
^Indeed!

It is just the blessings from Allaah swt, even when there is no Ramadhaan, but the feeling when Ramadhaan leaves is also something to reflect upon as you never know when is your last, it is ofcourse a sad feeling, the feeling i recieve in particular though it may seem weird to some is like a loved one is leaving, subhaan'Allaah.

may Allaah swt grant every single one of us another Ramadhaan and increase us in emaan and strengh to remain patient and steadfast Aameen.

Cabdullahi
05-25-2011, 10:00 AM
1.fasting
2.taraweeh
3.sambusa

ardianto
05-25-2011, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
joking aside, the first thing that comes to mind is definitely fasting
Anyone want to know why ?

It's because Indonesians call Ramadan as Bulan Puasa (Month of Fasting), not Bulan Taraweeh (Month of Taraweeh)

Ghazalah
05-25-2011, 09:42 PM
A picture of my masjid and everyone praying pops in my head when I hear Ramadhan. How badly I miss Ramadhan imsad May Allah grant us from those who shall live to see the next Ramadhan inshAllah, Ameen!

Ansariyah
05-26-2011, 01:57 PM
^Ameeen ya rab.

I'm looking forward to Ramadan♥

Mr.President
05-26-2011, 03:04 PM
Fasting but eid is not much interesting for me with my family cuz what we do is gather and eat other than that nothing ... but after eid I go on tour thats cool and superb sadly on this eid I might nt go :(

Who Am I?
05-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Since I am not Muslim (yet), the first thing that comes to my mind is "Islam". Then I think about how hard it would be to not eat all day for a month.

But then, I've grown fat and lazy over the years, so a little belt tightening may not be a bad thing...

Sawdah
05-26-2011, 09:35 PM
The first thing that comes to mind is tranquility, because I feel very tranquil during the month, alhamdulillah.

Then comes fasting and taraweeh, alhamdulillah.

Endymion
05-28-2011, 11:35 AM
It brings a smile on my face that my favorite month is about to begun :statisfie I dont know if others feel the same but i always feel the weather is entirely different in Ramadhan and on Eid day.I call it "The fifth season".I feel very protective and feel like an unseen bliss and light in the whole envoirement.I love it :statisfie Once my teacher told me that its actually because of the angels sent down on Earth.I wish Ramadhan will be of 6 months but its only for 1 month :cry:

Abu Zainab
05-28-2011, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion
It brings a smile on my face that my favorite month is about to begun I dont know if others feel the same but i always feel the weather is entirely different in Ramadhan and on Eid day.I call it "The fifth season".I feel very protective and feel like an unseen bliss and light in the whole envoirement.I love it Once my teacher told me that its actually because of the angels sent down on Earth.I wish Ramadhan will be of 6 months but its only for 1 month
You know what, I feel the same. The smell in the air is different. Its an amazing feeling.

Riana17
05-28-2011, 12:00 PM
fasting ;D;D;D

by the way, in Mid East Ramadhan is time for people to gain weight lool :hiding:

salam

ProudMuslimSis
05-28-2011, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Since I am not Muslim (yet), the first thing that comes to my mind is "Islam". Then I think about how hard it would be to not eat all day for a month.

But then, I've grown fat and lazy over the years, so a little belt tightening may not be a bad thing...
You will love it!

It is so empowering, unifying, and calming...cleansing for the body and the soul.

And, you never know what you can do until you try it. You will be fine and will feel as though you are floating through the air for entire time.

زهراء
05-28-2011, 02:04 PM
The feeling of Ramadhaan comes back to me for that moment and I begin to miss Ramadhaan

Haya emaan
05-29-2011, 02:25 PM
the night prayers..

AishaRayann
06-02-2011, 02:58 AM
tranquility,peace,calmness,becoming a better stronger person,

May Ayob
06-03-2011, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AishaRayann
tranquility,peace,calmness,becoming a better stronger person,
Salaam Sister AishaRayann very nice post it make you appreciate Ramadhan more and think of it in a deeper way :)

sister herb
06-08-2011, 05:23 PM
As I am totally Palestine lover, first thing what comes to my mind are children in Gaza, specially those in very poor families, whose haven´t any extra money to buy anything to they kids for Ramadan time; not any sweets, new clothes or toys, some families not even enough food for iftar. Even getting kind of things is very worldly they still are just kids whose are waiting to get even something (like some of they neighbor kids will get).

I hope to be millionaire at Ramadan that I could make smile to they face... imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!