/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Problems......!!!!

Flame of Hope
05-25-2011, 03:11 AM
PROBLEMS

The problems you face will either defeat you or develop you - depending on how you respond to them. Unfortunately, most people fail to see how Allah wants to use problems for good in their lives. They react foolishly and resent their problems - rather than pausing to consider what benefits they might bring.

Here are five ways Allah wants to use the problems in your life:

1. Allah uses problems to DIRECT you.
Sometimes Allah must light a fire under you to get you moving. Problems often point us in a new direction and motivate us to change. Is Allah trying to get your attention? Sometimes it takes a painful situation to make us change our ways.

2. Allah uses problems to INSPECT you.
People are like tea bags... if you want to know what's inside them, just drop them into hot water! Has Allah tested your faith with a problem. What do problems reveal about you? When you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience.

3. Allah uses problems to CORRECT you.
Some lessons we learn only through pain and failure. It's likely that as a child your parents told you not to touch a hot stove. But you probably learned by being burned. Sometimes we only learn the value of something...health, money, a relationship... by losing it.

4. Allah uses problems to PROTECT you.
A problem can be a blessing in disguise if it prevents you from being harmed by something more serious. Last year a friend was fired for refusing to do something unethical that his boss had asked him to do. His unemployment was a problem - but it saved him from being convicted and sent to prison a year later when management's actions were eventually discovered.

5. Allah uses problems to PERFECT you.
Problems, when responded to correctly, are character builders. Allah is far more interested in your character than your comfort. Your relationship to Allah and your character are the only two things you're going to take with you into eternity. We can rejoice when we run into problems... they help us learn to be patient. And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust Allah more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady.

Here's the point:
Allah is at work in your life - even when you do not recognize it or understand it!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
05-25-2011, 03:14 AM
That sounds a lot like what I heard in church last Sunday. The pastor there said that you can tell when God is working in your life, because He seems absent and your life seems like it's stalled out. That is exactly where I am right now.

Riana17
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
"Knock, knock"

A British colonial officer in India sips his cup of tea and calls out, "Who is it?"

"It's me, sir. Your washerwoman. I have come to collect your laundry."

"Oh sure, how are you?"

"I am fine, sir. Thanks to Allah, a hundred thousand times."

"And... how are your children doing? And the one who was sick?"

"They are fine, too, sir, All praise is to Allah.
One has malaria. He still has high fever. But he will get better, Allah willing.
And the other one is quite healthy. Allah is very gracious, sir. He looks after us."

"Huh.. and how is your husband, I never asked?"

"Oh, he died sir. Six years ago. Allah took him back sir. Allah has a plan for everything."

A British colonial officer cites this conversation as his reason for embracing Islam.

Riana17
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
That sounds a lot like what I heard in church last Sunday. The pastor there said that you can tell when God is working in your life, because He seems absent and your life seems like it's stalled out. That is exactly where I am right now.
"Knock, knock"

A British colonial officer in India sips his cup of tea and calls out, "Who is it?"

"It's me, sir. Your washerwoman. I have come to collect your laundry."

"Oh sure, how are you?"

"I am fine, sir. Thanks to Allah, a hundred thousand times."

"And... how are your children doing? And the one who was sick?"

"They are fine, too, sir, All praise is to Allah.
One has malaria. He still has high fever. But he will get better, Allah willing.
And the other one is quite healthy. Allah is very gracious, sir. He looks after us."

"Huh.. and how is your husband, I never asked?"

"Oh, he died sir. Six years ago. Allah took him back sir. Allah has a plan for everything."

A British colonial officer cites this conversation as his reason for embracing Islam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
05-25-2011, 03:04 PM
Well I'm trying to figure out what His plan for me is, then. I'm listening, but I can't hear anything yet. I'm trying to be patient because I know it is not a quick process. I may never get there, but hopefully I will, inshaAllah.

Riana17
05-26-2011, 07:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Well I'm trying to figure out what His plan for me is, then. I'm listening, but I can't hear anything yet. I'm trying to be patient because I know it is not a quick process. I may never get there, but hopefully I will, inshaAllah.
inshallah brother
I hope u are full member now so if you are uncomfortable asking on the forum we can be at help privately to u, u seems lil shy tho :statisfie

i used to be one ;D, but now I have the full confidence bcoz of Islam, I WILL DO & ASK ANYTHING I DOUBT bcoz I MUST Find out the TRUTH! so im sure some people here will be annoyed with me somehow:exhausted

Eric H
05-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Flame; I often find your posts to be helpful, they even help me understand my Christian faith a little better:D

God is greater than the sum of all the religions of the world put together, his ways are beyond our understanding. I find it a great blessing that people of many faiths say that God helps them in their lives.

I have found a peace that is beyond my understanding, despite all the things that have happened in my life. My mum had multiple sclerosis and could not move her hands or legs for about the last twenty years of her life, my dad died an alcoholic, I was sacked from my job a couple of months ago at the tender age of 62, we pray and try and put our trust in God

Here is a wonderful prayer copied from this forum, sadly I forgot to take any references of were it comes from.
We pray in our way; and Allah answers in his way
We pray for things we want on this Earth, but they may not be the things that help us attain eternal salvation.

I asked for Strength.........
And Allah gave me Difficulties to make me strong.
I asked for Wisdom.........
And Allah gave me Problems to solve.
I asked for Prosperity.........
And Allah gave me Brain and Brawn to work.
I asked for Courage.........
And Allah gave me Danger to overcome.
I asked for Love.........
And Allah gave me Troubled people to help.
I asked for Favours.........
And Allah gave me Opportunities.

I received nothing I wanted
I received everything I needed
My Prayer has been answered.

In the spirit of searching for One God

Eric

Who Am I?
05-26-2011, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by andrea17
inshallah brother
I hope u are full member now so if you are uncomfortable asking on the forum we can be at help privately to u, u seems lil shy tho :statisfie

i used to be one ;D, but now I have the full confidence bcoz of Islam, I WILL DO & ASK ANYTHING I DOUBT bcoz I MUST Find out the TRUTH! so im sure some people here will be annoyed with me somehow:exhausted
Well I have always been one to consider the feelings of others before I speak up, so sometimes I tend to stay quiet because I am afraid that what I say will offend someone. I know that Islam is an often misunderstood religion, particularly in western culture (and especially here in the USA), but I have always been one to try to understand what I don't know.

Last night I prayed to God that He would lead me to where I am supposed to be, where I will feel like I belong. That may be my own Christian faith, or it may indeed be Islam. I figure I will know once I find a place where I feel comfortable. But for now, I am taking everything else out of the equation. Dogs, alcohol, Trinity, hippie Jesus, politics, all gone. This is between me and God now.

naquadir
05-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Just a small reminder to everyone including myself. We Pray to Allah that he guide us to the right way everytime, but for that we ourselves had to take decisive actions. To save Bani Israel, Allah parted the sea, but for that Prophet Moses had to hit his staff in the water. When Maryam AS gave birth to prophet Jesus, Allah made the dates fall down on her from the tree, but she has to shake the tree herself first. Moral is guidance and help is certainly from Allah but one has to take the first step to attain it.

Flame of Hope
05-26-2011, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by naquadir
To save Bani Israel, Allah parted the sea, but for that Prophet Moses had to hit his staff in the water. When Maryam AS gave birth to prophet Jesus, Allah made the dates fall down on her from the tree, but she has to shake the tree herself first. Moral is guidance and help is certainly from Allah but one has to take the first step to attain it.
These observations of yours are simply awesome! :wub:

Jazakallah khair! :thankyou:

~ Sabr ~
05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
bumpty bump

Nice thread mashaAllaah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!