/* */

PDA

View Full Version : CONFUSION about Zadakah

Riana17
05-25-2011, 12:14 PM
salam

we recently visited one of Islamic country in SE Asia, and we noticed that during the Salatul Juma'ah, there is BASKET pass on to everyone to give ZADAKAH... And yes to our surprise, a woman was handling the basket -Ofcourse this was observed by my husband (of course i was outside the mosque).

as you can see we do not like to judge anyone, my husband and I were little bit worried about this somehow.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ramadhan
05-25-2011, 02:09 PM
In Indonesia especially in Java, it is becoming popular practice to pass on the sodaqoh basket to the jamaah during khotbah jum'at, but the usual practice is just to pass on little wooden boxes from one jamaah to the next in row. In many mosques, they don't even have the little wooden boxes that they pass around, but they have large boxes near the doors where the jamaah can just stuff money in.
However, the person handling the basket is ALWAYS a male, I have never seen a female inside masjid during shalah jumah here.
I myself would have been shocked if I saw a women handing out sodaqoh basket during shalah jumat. I don't think ta'mir masjid (masjid organizers) would have allowed such things to happen, and the jammah would inform and protest to the ta'mir anyway if it were the ta'mirs decision.

Riana17
05-26-2011, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramadhan
In Indonesia especially in Java, it is becoming popular practice to pass on the sodaqoh basket to the jamaah during khotbah jum'at, but the usual practice is just to pass on little wooden boxes from one jamaah to the next in row. In many mosques, they don't even have the little wooden boxes that they pass around, but they have large boxes near the doors where the jamaah can just stuff money in.
However, the person handling the basket is ALWAYS a male, I have never seen a female inside masjid during shalah jumah here.
I myself would have been shocked if I saw a women handing out sodaqoh basket during shalah jumat. I don't think ta'mir masjid (masjid organizers) would have allowed such things to happen, and the jammah would inform and protest to the ta'mir anyway if it were the ta'mirs decision.

Salam thanks for reply
In my personal opinion, it is not good to pass on the basket whether there is box at mosque entrance...
also, yes- its a big big mosque and the country is advance/rich & mix national is going to that mosque so imagine our shock :omg:

Tilmeez
05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
In Sub continent (Bangladesh, India and Pakistan) this common practice. You can choose not to pay and no one will have any objection. And this is mostly because most of the Masaajid don't receive any finical support from their governments and they have to manage it on self help basis.

In most cases this amount is spent on Masjid Organizing affairs and on the welfare of the students learning in that Masjid /Madrassa etc.

I never heard about a women handling that basket. So not sure about this.

Alhamdolillah, the masjid in our locality has no boxes at the doors and they don't accept donations from strangers and they don't circulate the basket. Regular visitors of the mosque know who handles fund matters and go to him, pay and get receipt for their payments. In our Masjid there is a separate portion for women where they can come and pray specially for Salatul Jummah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
05-26-2011, 09:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by andrea17
a woman was handling the basket -Ofcourse this was observed by my husband (of course i was outside the mosque).
maybe she was some needy women and appealing for help. however not any masjid recommend this activity for asking for help, but some ppl do this. they use to beg outside masjid after prayer time.
i am also personally not in this favor. the first thing in if all muslim give zakat properly, no1 came out to beg in this way. 2ndly giving sadaqa to such ppl encourage that wrong practice and some ppl make this their profession.
as far as masjids are concern, same thing again, if we properly care for the necessaries of masjid, they need no box to move among ppl, but this our weak eman we dont want to spent much on deen. however in some areas where local ppl have religious spirit, they dont do this practice.

ardianto
05-26-2011, 09:19 AM
yes- its a big big mosque and the country is advance/rich & mix national is going to that mosque so imagine our shock :omg:
Advance/rich Islamic country in South East Asia ? ...... hmm, ....hmm, .... hmm, ....... Brunei Darussalam ?.

format_quote Originally Posted by tigerkhan

maybe she was some needy women and appealing for help. however not any masjid recommend this activity for asking for help, but some ppl do this. they use to beg outside masjid after prayer time.
Yes, I think sister Andrea was talking about needy woman who collected zadakah for herself, not a woman who held infaq basket for masjid.

Riana17
05-26-2011, 09:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Advance/rich Islamic country in South East Asia ? ...... hmm, ....hmm, .... hmm, ....... Brunei Darussalam ?.

Yes, I think sister Andrea was talking about needy woman who collected zadakah for herself, not a woman who held infaq basket for masjid.
salam
not not brunei , ill send you private msg

no, not asking for sadaqah, she is the one handling the basket for masjid

Ramadhan
05-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Brunei is not advanced, and not multinational either. It's Malaysia.

no, not asking for sadaqah, she is the one handling the basket for masjid
I have seen a woman handling basket, but it was in the women's part of the mosque, and it was not jumah, and certainly not during shalah. It was during some special occasion.

ardianto
05-26-2011, 03:38 PM

I had guess it's Malaysia from "mix national". But if I chose Brunei, that's because,............pstt, pstt, ..... don't let Malaysians know that because "advance and rich" made Indonesian like me so jealous. ;D

Riana17
05-26-2011, 04:34 PM

I have seen a woman handling basket, but it was in the women's part of the mosque, and it was not jumah, and certainly not during shalah. It was during some special occasion.
yes sir it is before the salatul jamaah, the friday prayer
during the lecturing time before salatul jamaah

Riana17
05-26-2011, 04:36 PM
I had guess it's Malaysia from "mix national". But if I chose Brunei, that's because,............pstt, pstt, ..... don't let Malaysians know that because "advance and rich" made Indonesian like me so jealous. ;D

loooool :D:D:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!