/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need help in choosing topics to teach youngsters

YM Usrah Umar
05-25-2011, 10:04 PM
il be organising a summer skl soon, the age group il be teaching will be 7-11, but im used to teaching 11+, i dont kno what to teach them lol....sum teacher i am lol. its for 2 weeks

so far i do hav (not confirmed tho):

Abu Bakr (RA)
Umar (RA)
Quran - history of the quran, benefits etc
Dua - Weapon Of the Believer
Salah

please brothers and sisters...i could do with you help...jazaks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
al yunan
05-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Salam brother,

How about stories of the prophets lifes ? (Hayat ul Ambiya)
It always seems to inspire children plus it teaches them Duas and the prophet's Dua are the best.

Masalam

YM Usrah Umar
05-25-2011, 11:33 PM
oh yh...also im thinkin prohet musa and isa (as). jazaks for reminding

Flame of Hope
05-26-2011, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YM Usrah Umar
l be organising a summer skl soon, the age group il be teaching will be 7-11, but im used to teaching 11+, i dont kno what to teach them lol....sum teacher i am lol. its for 2 weeks
I teach my kids about Islam and I cover the following lessons:

1. The Story of Adam and Eve. Kids learn about Iblis, the evil character...... always good to have the evil character in your story..... it fascinates the kids. Also an opportunity to convey to the kids what an enemy Shaytan is.

2. The Story of Musa. Kids learn about the wonders of God. I let my kids watch The Prince of Egypt. There's that beautiful scene when Musa parts the sea and I love to tell the kids about how powerful God is to do something like that. I also inform them of the differences between Christian and Islamic versions of the story.

3. The things that Shaytan hates and the things that Shaytan loves. This makes a very interesting exercise for the kids. I also make them write out a list. And then I make some rounded cards with the words "Shaytan Hates Me." And I tell them that they will get this "reward" only if they do the things that Shaytan hates..... things such as cleanliness, obeying mom, doing your prayer.... lol.

4. A class session where kids answer the following questions:

a. Can you see God? Then why do you believe in God? Because mommy and daddy told you to believe it?

b. What are the problems you will face when you grow up?

c. What are the things you thank God for the most?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tigerkhan
05-26-2011, 05:34 AM
yes i also agree. the stories of ambiya as will also interesting for children and they learn alot too insh.

Amat Allah
05-26-2011, 06:04 AM
Kids like stories so, I agree with the stories of the Prophets and Messengers (peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all) too and try to be so excited and enjoyable that would attract them to listen more and wait for the next story impatiently...May Allah be with you and May he reward ya my respecetd brother with the highest level of the Paradise without being reckoning and all the Ummah too Ameeeeeeeen

YM Usrah Umar
05-29-2011, 10:05 PM
ok now iv got a problem....its actually a theme i need to come up with for example "the ideal muslim" but the problem is i dont know wat themes i can go with....can someone help me plz and wat topics can go with that theme? jazaks

Muhammad
05-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Some ideas:

History - stories of prophets/companions
The 5 pillars of Islam
The 6 pillars of eemaan
Islamic character/behaviour/manners - could include advice about friendships with opposite gender, hijab etc.
Qur'an - history, preservation, virtues, miracles, facts

YM Usrah Umar
05-30-2011, 09:43 PM
jazaks brother...if anymore plz keep them comin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!