/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Your bussiness!

Huzzy_786
05-29-2011, 10:57 AM
:sl:

Brothers and Sisters, I want to ask a basic question , do you own a bussiness?(or worked at a bussiness for a long time) and what forms of advertisement do you use? Please answer as i want to help you out!

Huzzy

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Riana17
05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786

Brothers and Sisters, I want to ask a basic question , do you own a bussiness?(or worked at a bussiness for a long time) and what forms of advertisement do you use? Please answer as i want to help you out!

Huzzy

:wa:
salam
we work and we have small business, we advertise (online) sometime
alhamdollelah, i guess blessing from Allah & word of mouth is the reason why are still here

ardianto
05-29-2011, 03:54 PM

My main business is courier agency. I didn't start from zero, but I took over an agency that already operated and had small number of customers.

I remember, in that time some people suggested me to do door to door promotion, visit office by office and asked them to send document and parcel through my agency. But I refused that suggestion and I use other method that maybe not popular, impress the customers with a good service, and later the customers would recommend my agency to their families, friends and colleagues.

Alhamdulillah, now I have many customers, and many of them told me in their first visit "I heard from .......... this is a place to send parcel".

For your information, I have many customers who sell products online in internet and use my service to send their products to the customers. And I found, almost all of them promote their business in the Indonesian biggest internet forum, KASKUS. It's free, they make thread to promote their business there, same like we make thread to discuss a topic here.

But I am sure, Islamicboard admins will not allow us to promote our business here. :D

Mr.President
05-29-2011, 04:02 PM
My father owns a small hardware store, I am hoping to join him soon insha allah btw no we didn't use any advertising

if you are true and don't cheat customers insha allah thats more than enough !!! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzzy_786
05-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Jazakallah brothers & sisters.

Well basicly let me tell you something about my self, i am myself self employed , basicly what i do is make video adverts,posters and banners to advertise for local shops,bussiness's or organizations which are looking to stand out in there comunity, making videos is really uniqe as only a hand full of shops have it.I advertise on the internet as techonoly is going to be the future of this genaration. As you know i am only 15 and not much exp so i dont expect my fees to be or to meet the same as the pro's working in the movies or advertising on TV but any money you wish to give me for my time and effort is welcome as i will really need for my studys.

If you wish to see some of my work then please check out this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08A9J...el_video_title

Jazakallahu Khar!

I do hope to get a reply from you soon inshallah!

syilla
01-07-2012, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto

My main business is courier agency. I didn't start from zero, but I took over an agency that already operated and had small number of customers.

I remember, in that time some people suggested me to do door to door promotion, visit office by office and asked them to send document and parcel through my agency. But I refused that suggestion and I use other method that maybe not popular, impress the customers with a good service, and later the customers would recommend my agency to their families, friends and colleagues.

Alhamdulillah, now I have many customers, and many of them told me in their first visit "I heard from .......... this is a place to send parcel".

For your information, I have many customers who sell products online in internet and use my service to send their products to the customers. And I found, almost all of them promote their business in the Indonesian biggest internet forum, KASKUS. It's free, they make thread to promote their business there, same like we make thread to discuss a topic here.

But I am sure, Islamicboard admins will not allow us to promote our business here. :D
akhi you have to you really really have to give me special rate on the courier service. can it be cheaper then pos indonesia...please tell me you can.

Well basicly let me tell you something about my self, i am myself self employed , basicly what i do is make video adverts,posters and banners to advertise for local shops,bussiness's or organizations which are looking to stand out in there comunity, making videos is really uniqe as only a hand full of shops have it.I advertise on the internet as techonoly is going to be the future of this genaration. As you know i am only 15 and not much exp so i dont expect my fees to be or to meet the same as the pro's working in the movies or advertising on TV but any money you wish to give me for my time and effort is welcome as i will really need for my studys.

Jazakallahu Khar!

ii don't have any advertisement. how much iis your rate akhi? :)

ardianto
01-07-2012, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
akhi you have to you really really have to give me special rate on the courier service. can it be cheaper then pos indonesia...please tell me you can.
I am sorry, I can't. Especially if you want the rate that cheaper than Pos Indonesia. I am just an agent.

The Pos Indonesia rate is cheaper, but there are many customers who are not looking for the cheaper, but looking for the most trustworthy.

syilla
01-07-2012, 01:24 PM
^^^how about the delivery? how many days it takes

ardianto
01-07-2012, 02:05 PM
^^^how about the delivery? how many days it takes
Depend on destination. The faster is one night for certain destinations.

But why you ask about about it? do you want to send something from Bandung to Malaysia?. Sis, I focus on domestic shipping because International rate in this company is extremely high. If you want to send something from Indonesia to Malaysia and especially if in the large amount, Pos Indonesia is a good choice.

syilla
01-07-2012, 02:12 PM
^^^ohh then its ok. i'm selling dresses from all over indonesia :)

ardianto
01-07-2012, 02:24 PM
^^^ohh then its ok. i'm selling dresses from all over indonesia
Dresses? I have guessed it.

Huzzy_786
01-07-2012, 02:27 PM
ii don't have any advertisement. how much iis your rate akhi? :)
Well to be honest, I'll have to see what you would want done, but as I am new to this, I wont charge you as much as the companies would. Inshallah I can do something for you akhi :)

GuestFellow
01-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Salaam,

There are many marketing graduates that can help your business for free! My firm advertised a work placement and attracted many marketing graduates. Here are some ideas:

1. Website/Internet
2. Yellow pages
3. Leaflets

Riana17
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Aww Sister Syilla is Business woman too! Mashallah

Beardo
01-08-2012, 02:53 PM
I guess you can consider the Jannah Network to be my "business". We advertise through IslamicBoard and other online forums, since it IS an online organization after all. Alhamdulillah. But we're also working on advertising strategies. We went to an Islamic trade show exhibition - Here's a picture of it:
c84f39d43005d4ef2de10591715becb7 1?1326034343 -

Ramadhan
01-08-2012, 10:45 PM
^ strong banner, Beardo!
*thumbs up*

(we need more smilies to express wider variety of feelings)

syilla
01-12-2012, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Dresses? I have guessed it.
its obvious isn't it? lol

Well to be honest, I'll have to see what you would want done, but as I am new to this, I wont charge you as much as the companies would. Inshallah I can do something for you akhi
jazakallah khayr i'll be considering this. right now i'm closing shop for a few months i don't have enough trained staff so its a bit of a problem tackling online customer :hmm:. inshaAllah after i've planned up some strategies. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Tragic Typos
Salaam,

There are many marketing graduates that can help your business for free! My firm advertised a work placement and attracted many marketing graduates. Here are some ideas:

1. Website/Internet
2. Yellow pages
3. Leaflets
you are right akhi...but i don't know who is that. i have already made some designs here in malaysia. i paid for a package. wanna see? hehehe

format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
Aww Sister Syilla is Business woman too! Mashallah
subhanallah ukhti...i'm trying to find ways to quit my job lol. but still isn't sufficient enough. i'm trying to find a partner for to work alone is such a stressful life with me being a full time worker and etc :(

format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
I guess you can consider the Jannah Network to be my "business". We advertise through IslamicBoard and other online forums, since it IS an online organization after all. Alhamdulillah. But we're also working on advertising strategies. We went to an Islamic trade show exhibition - Here's a picture of it:
did you know that Twin Faith' has made exhibition in m'sia is such a successful one. why don't you join them and come to malaysia probably i can help you out.

Tawangar
01-12-2012, 07:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
c84f39d43005d4ef2de10591715becb7 1?1326034343 -
Alhamdulillah.
How beautiful.

joyous fairy
01-12-2012, 06:51 PM
I want to open up a cafe for women only.

Think that would work?

~Zaria~
01-12-2012, 07:27 PM

Jazakallahu Khar!

Assalamu-alaikum Akhi,

MashaAllah - its great to see our youth becoming such productive members of this ummah, and at such young ages.
Keep it up, brother :)

Have you heard of the following site: http://fiverr.com/
Here you can advertise anything that you are willing to do, for $5.
Its a small start.....and it will help you develop your expierence in this field as well, insha Allah.

All the best.

Salaam

Riana17
01-15-2012, 05:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by joyous fairy
I want to open up a cafe for women only.

Think that would work?
Hmmmm,,, I dont think so sis
Gender based business could work well for Saloon, Gym or the like
But a restaurant or coffee shop??? Hmmm

and if you like coffee so much, perhaps you can make corner specially for ladies

In arab countries many of restaurants have partition (esp for families or ladies or women wearing Niqab, so they can eat freely inside)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!