/* */

PDA

View Full Version : when you catch your friend cheating..

Haya emaan
05-30-2011, 08:37 PM
assalam o alaikum
hope every one is in the best state of health and iman

Today i had my exam although it went very awesome but some thing in that made me very frustrated..:enough!:

actually in exam we had to make some sketches and what happened was while doing our work i found one of my class fellow ( i say her my friend:hmm:) tracing the sketches from the paper she had hidden under her boxes..!!:raging:
i can never compromise in such situations and i just asked that girl to stop what she was doing and she said ok...(but i know what her OK meant..:anger: we have been having chat on the topic of cheating before too and every time i get her OK)

i should have called the teacher but i couldn't do that..:(
there are several reasons for that..
we are very few girls in our dept and her negative reputation in the eye of teachers will destroy our reputation and trust too imsad
secondly it will destroy our class environment and we have to go along with each other for aprox 2 more years... :exhausted

now when our written exams are ahead.. i m feeling more and more angry about the situation.. not because these type of students will get good grades but this all is totally unfair for those who will work hard and will be giving the exams honestly by fair means..

we will having a tough competition in our class... and i cant cant tolerate with such things in between

i really don't want this to happen... i don't know what to do... :raging::heated::grumbling

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
CosmicPathos
05-30-2011, 08:44 PM
I think you should be concerned with your own business and exams rather than focussing during exam who is cheating and who is not. If she is to be caught cheating, Allah will make a way for her to be caught. if not then maybe Allah swt has other plans for her.

al yunan
05-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Walaikum Assalam sister,

The brother is right plus as you name suggests (Haya) it is not Adab Islam to tell on others all you can do is Advise the girl then keep clear, for when she is caught you don't want to get blamed either for not reporting her.
As for what is fair only Allah S.W.T is, so trust HIm and forget the rest.

Masalam

Ghazalah
05-30-2011, 10:06 PM
At the end of the day, she is cheating nobody but herself.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ProudMuslimSis
05-31-2011, 02:39 AM
In some universities, there is an honor code in place and cheating of any kind is not tolerated and students can be expelled immediately.

I can't believe your class fellow would risk that, even if it does not bother her that it is morally wrong.

tigerkhan
05-31-2011, 08:56 AM
it just remind me of my school times. we in exam sit in hall by roll number wise. in front of me, there were 2 brothers and back one always used to copy the front one. i just feel sad viewing them cheating and me just thinking what to write... but as we moved to upper grades, i got interest in sciences and then i go to topper rank in class. and then they try to ask me but i didn't reply them then ...lol..now this all seems so childish....lol

elina
05-31-2011, 09:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
At the end of the day, she is cheating nobody but herself.
I totally agree with that sis

Riana17
05-31-2011, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by elina
I totally agree with that sis
Hehehe I must admit I used to cheat in HS, esp in re-writing poems or the like :exhausted:exhausted:exhausted
How on earth I will remember a 3pages of poems!!!
But it is not good at all, once you start you cant stop.

So one must build moral, I think warning her about the consequences is the best you can do and during exam, try to sit far from her.

Oh I HATE STUDYING!!!!

Salam

Salahudeen
05-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Don't tell on her, friends don't do that. Don't worry about it not being fair on the people who actually study hard for the exam because when you both attend interviews it will be ovbious who studied and who never. You can only cheat so far. They will be asking her questions regarding what she studied in interviews and if she can't answer them they will know she never studied.

Haya emaan
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM
i understand i should focus only on my business but what if others business is effecting mine....!!!

as i told before we have a tough competition in our class.. we all will be struggling to get the leading position but by such stuff at the end her grades will be leading ours..
is that fear with us..???

this is something making me really angry on her...

Riana17
06-01-2011, 07:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslima haya
i understand i should focus only on my business but what if others business is effecting mine....!!!

as i told before we have a tough competition in our class.. we all will be struggling to get the leading position but by such stuff at the end her grades will be leading ours..
is that fear with us..???

this is something making me really angry on her...
salam sis

If you speak with her and didnt work
and it still bothers you (which I understand)

maybe you can keep a secret conversation with your prof

well: I have one thing, with or without cheating, I used to be top in school, but it didnt matter when you find a job lol, everything remains a history

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!