/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sharing happiness

Innocent Soul
05-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Assalamualaikum

We always feel really good when I do something good. Such as praying reciting Quran ,giving charity, helping someone etc. I think many members here do many good deeds. I know show off in Islam is not allowed. So are we not allowed to share our happiness. Suppose today any sister was reciting Quran she was feeling very delighted g and she just wanted to read more and more so can she share her feelings when she don't have the intention of show off of good deeds. I was thinking that even if any member would share her good deeds then we will have a good impression that Mashallah she is really righteous. I felt this was confusing :hmm:. So please share your views on this :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
marwen
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
Walaykom assalam.

Good thread my sister. Well, I think it's permissble in islam to share good deeds with others IF we do that with the good intention to encourage others to do so,
and not with the intention to show off that I'm a good person because that would destroy our hasanat.

But if I had to advice a muslim brother or sister, I will tell them to avoid it. Yes it's good to share happiness and to help each other do more hasanat, but in the other hand, it could be dangerous for our iman, or at least we could not be sure of the real level of iman if we do it.

If we try to do a good deed just between us and Allah, and try to not let anybody know about it, I think Allah will reward us with a big amount of iman in our heart and we will feel we are very strong.

I know some good brothers who don't let anybody know about the good deeds they do between them and Allah : may be they pray nafil all the night, or read the whole quran in one day, or they give sadaqat to poor people. But when you meet them, they act very modestly and humbly and they try to make you think they are not doing too much good deeds. But you still can see the light of imaan in their faces.

my advice to myself and to others is that : even we can share our good deeds, let's at least keep one good deed between us and Allah that we don't tell people about it. The reward of that private good deed is very big inshallah.

Ansariyah
05-31-2011, 02:39 PM
Only Allah truly knows the intention behind what people do.

May Allah make us Sincere ameen.

tigerkhan
06-01-2011, 07:12 PM
i blv in going time (its also mentioned in hadiths) ppl usually feel proud while exposing their sins and if someone do good deed he feel ashamed to show other. i blv in such situations one should show off his good deeds proudly. its also in quran (wa ma ahsanu qool.....waqala inani minal muslimeen). u see islamic thing hijab, beard, most of muslims fear that if they do such, ppl will mock them.
but yes now a days there is also to much fitna of riya. ppl give charity and they want that its come in newspaper so that all knows about it. so we should also care for our intention.
and only allah swt knows what is in someone heart. we should not suspect or under estimate them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!