/* */

PDA

View Full Version : subway halal???

muslimgirl12
05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
salaam

can anyone tell me if we can eat in halal subways - cos apparently there is someone who wrote to subway asking about the ingrediants used - and they replied back to say that they use a small dose of 'sake' which is a type of alcohol Teriyaki glazing = however they also said, the product was approved for consumption at their Halal locations because the cooking process reduced the alcohol content to a negligible level

is this right???

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
06-02-2011, 02:48 AM
:sl:

This is a common question that asked to Ulama in my place "If I use small dose of liqueur in cooking halal food, will the food becomes haram or still halal ?". From what I know, all of those Ulama answered "The food becomes haram, because it has been contaminated by haram thing".

Sis, this is the answer from Ulama in my place. I don't know if Ulama in other place have different opinion.

Ramadhan
06-02-2011, 02:36 PM
This reminds me of my dinner last night. It was a colleague's birthday and he invited us to go to a fancy japanese restaurant, and to be honest, I had dined there a couple of times before last night, and of course we were going to eat sushi and sashimi only, which is completely halal. That is, until we were already at the table and a colleague asked the waiter if the food served are completely halal (we'd assumed they were, as they are only seafood plus the steam rice for sushi). The waiter said, "oh yes they are all halal, but we use a little sake to cook the rice so it tastes better".
I had never known this before, and it never came across my mind that some people actually cook rice with alcohol?

Well, needless to say, we politely told the waiter that we couldn't dine there and so we moved to another restaurant.

Dagless
06-02-2011, 02:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimgirl12
salaam

can anyone tell me if we can eat in halal subways - cos apparently there is someone who wrote to subway asking about the ingrediants used - and they replied back to say that they use a small dose of 'sake' which is a type of alcohol Teriyaki glazing = however they also said, the product was approved for consumption at their Halal locations because the cooking process reduced the alcohol content to a negligible level

is this right???
What did they say they use sake in? Even if they do wouldn't it need to be enough to intoxicate for it to be haraam? I'm more concerned that the person before me might have eaten meat and the assistants rarely change their gloves.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM
It was happened when I was early teenager.

My friend invited me to a lamb barbeque party. Back from the party, my daddy asked me
"How was the party ?"
"I am happy dad" I replied "that lamb barbeque was very delicious, the chef didn't use spice, only Chinese Arak (liqueur)"
My daddy silence, and I leaved the room

Few moment later, I back to the room. My daddy was sitting there, he called me, looked into my eyes, and......
"Don't you know son ?, that lamb barbeque was haram"
:cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!