/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam Online University

GuestFellow
05-31-2011, 05:20 PM
:sl:

IOU

How good is this degree? I'm not interested in the University's reputation nor do I want to make a career out of it. I want to do this because to learn more about Islam. So in term's of the degree's content, is it worth it?

I'm thinking of studying my Economics degree first once I finish my law studies and then embark on this degree.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ğħαrєєвαħ
05-31-2011, 06:58 PM
Wa Alaaykum As'salaam

masha'Allaah at wanting to increase in knowledge

I am not sure of this site but i hope someone can post up some beneficial information insha'Allaah..

You can also contact them and enquire regarding the degree..

.. peace ..

GuestFellow
06-01-2011, 10:19 AM
:bump1:

Salahudeen
06-01-2011, 10:37 AM
Brother, I suggest you try the free short courses first to see if this method of learning suits you. I've tried the short courses and basically, they just supply you with all the material to learn, for example PDF book files and audio lectures, and at the end of each module you do either an assignment or exam and then you submit it and it gets marked. With the degree though, the exams and assignments have fixed deadlines so you have to make yourself study. If you don't make yourself study then you will fail. But please try the free short courses first and see how you feel after that.

http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/diploma/

that's a list of all the free short courses^

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
06-01-2011, 11:35 AM
^ Salaam,

Yes, I considered studying the Diploma first. I'm fine studying on my own, I prefer that way.

Asiyah3
06-01-2011, 01:16 PM
I apologize for asking in your thread, but has anyone tried IIU (Internet Islamic University)?

http://www.studyislam.com/iiu/university/main.jsp

GuestFellow
06-01-2011, 01:30 PM
^ Salaam,

It's fine. I went on the website and I'm lost. o_o

Muhaba
06-01-2011, 02:01 PM
this university seems like a great thing. i suggest everyone makes it there first priority to learn about islam and them use the knowldge for the sake of islam. so that means not waiting until yyou finish your college course.

Salahudeen
06-01-2011, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
^ Salaam,

Yes, I considered studying the Diploma first. I'm fine studying on my own, I prefer that way.

Do the free diploma's then first bro and get a feel for it. They're very good short courses.

missy
06-01-2011, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
How good is this degree? I'm not interested in the University's reputation nor do I want to make a career out of it. I want to do this because to learn more about Islam. So in term's of the degree's content, is it worth it?

I'm thinking of studying my Economics degree first once I finish my law studies and then embark on this degree.

i dunno about how credible the degree is...but the diploma courses are really awesome!
Last year in my summer vacations I thought of trying one of those…and believe me MashaAllah it was a really enriching experience. Alhamdullilah :)

Its like you get to choose whichever course you wanna do…not necessarily one….u can even opt for more than one at a time….
Any course that you choose is divided into sections (modules)…at the end of each is a quiz that you're graded for….
Like….the one which I did had 12 modules…so in all I had to do like 12 quizzes and I think there were 2 extra tests based on some extra reading material..

And they provide us with videos of lectures and notes that we have to go thru b4 attempting the tests…..so yeah…it’s really worth spending time in!

And at the end of the course you get a certificate signed by Dr. Bilal Phillips :D

Insaanah
06-02-2011, 01:19 PM

^ Can you work at your own pace, or once you start a course/module, is there a set time by which you must finish it?

Also, what if a question crops up during your study, or there's something you'd like clarification on, is there a system whereby there's someone you contact and ask, eg by email?

Jazaakumullah khayr.

Salahudeen
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

^ Can you work at your own pace, or once you start a course/module, is there a set time by which you must finish it?

Also, what if a question crops up during your study, or there's something you'd like clarification on, is there a system whereby there's someone you contact and ask, eg by email?

Jazaakumullah khayr.

For the free short diploma courses you can work at your own pace but that isn't really good thing because you might not study as there is no deadlines, however for the degree I'm not sure, I think there is fixed deadlines for exams and assignments and that's it. But double check on that.

missy
06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah

Jazaakumullah khayr.
As the brother said, yes; you can work at your own pace, there is no set time.

And regarding doubts or questions, you can contact the facilitators there, on their email ids..
Or you could also post your question on their discussion forums.....they do have forums for each course....all the students doing that course could also help in that case along with the facilitator...

Hope this helps....
IOU FAQs

Wa iyyaki sister. :)

in-the-shadows
06-04-2011, 06:11 PM
so what happens if you start a diploma course and have to be away from it for a couple of months or something? can you just come back and resume at anytime? even if it's that long?

would appreciate any responses :) jazakAllah

Muhammad
06-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

How long do the Diploma courses usually take to complete? And how long is the degree? Jazakumullahu khayran.

missy
06-04-2011, 09:57 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by in-the-shadows
so what happens if you start a diploma course and have to be away from it for a couple of months or something? can you just come back and resume at anytime? even if it's that long?
It should be that way…right? Because it’s entirely based on individual effort….there is no time limit or any restriction as such..so it gotta be that way .

ummm…..u see, it’s like…inorder to start a course u have to make an account on it…as far as I know there is nothing like your account gets disabled or something if you don’t use it for a long time…be it a month or many months. So if your account exists even after months then definitely your progress will also remain and u can resume it without having to start it all over again.

Wa iyyak.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
How long do the Diploma courses usually take to complete? And how long is the degree?
That depends on the course you’ve opted for…cuz there are some which are veryyy huge while others are comparatively smaller…
And I think that’s the reason they’ve classified the various courses under levels like Level 1, Level 2 and so on…

Check out their website…..
Diploma Courses

I’ve just done one course there and it took me ages to complete it!!
Being a slacker like me, anyone wouldn’t take less than 2 months…lol
If you’re determined and really sincere then you can finish it off in a month or two at a steady speed provided you start off with the basic (smaller course)…till you get the hang of it…once that’s in place I think probably the longer courses won’t take time either .

For the degree, I think it takes four years…
BAIS Degree Course

Wa iyyaka brother.

Salahudeen
06-09-2011, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by in-the-shadows

would appreciate any responses :) jazakAllah
Yeah you can, you're basically an independent learner with all the material at your hands.

Salahudeen
06-09-2011, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad
Assalaamu Alaykum,

How long do the Diploma courses usually take to complete? And how long is the degree? Jazakumullahu khayran.

It depends on how quickly you study, if you study often it will not take long but if you study once in a while you'll never complete it. not sure about degree.

DippedinJannah
06-30-2011, 05:58 AM
I am looking at this...do they have fixed times? I have the time to study, but work and family mean my free time is usually late night. If I can watch their classes at times of my own choosing, it would be pretty attractive.

Ali Mujahidin
07-01-2011, 03:11 AM

JazakuLLah for sharing. Now I can indulge in my favorite hobby ie studying, without having to agonize over whether to give up eating ice-cream or give up eating croissants to save up money to pay the tuition fees.

Periwinkle18
10-13-2013, 03:16 PM
aww this was posted in 2011 :S guess im kinda late.

Muhammad
10-13-2013, 11:41 PM
:salamext:

Another one to look into is:

http://kiu.org/website/

Periwinkle18
10-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Walaikum Assalam

I've joined IOU already just wanted to know if anyone has studied from there.

ILuvAllah
10-19-2013, 07:26 AM
Assalamualaikum,

brothers and sisters I highly recommend you check out the courses at Qibla.com or seekersguidance. Currently I am studying at seekersguidance and I am really enjoying it. You should totally check them out.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!