/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam on Music

DonTheWise
05-31-2011, 06:50 PM
What is the islamic view on Music? Do you guys really thin it's Satanic? I honestly admit I can't live without music.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Marina-Aisha
11-05-2011, 07:38 PM
ive heard its best to stay way from music cos there messages there putting across and some have evil hidden messages in them.....

Scimitar
11-07-2011, 04:18 AM
It's the vocals that do more damage than good. Backtracking tunes expose some very satanic messages....

And if a beat makes you bop - you're worshipping something other than Allah.

Y'all seen how the Jews worship at the wailing wall right? They bop, and they are also ahlul kitaab (people of the book).

Just reflect on some things. You'll see it too.

Scimi

Huzzy_786
11-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Brother, Music for the youth today has become like alcohol,drugs... Its become so addictive...

However like smoking has a cure, music can also be cured. Its not 'impossible'.
If you go to a doctor with a smoking addiction, he'll tell you to decrease the amount of times you smoke daily. Why dont you do the same? I am not saying don't listen to music, but listen to Islamic nasheeds. Listen to nasheeds which have names of Allah and the prophet s.a.w, so you could also praise Allah at the same time!

Now we come to the next topic, which is 'Islamic nasheeds' I don't want to make this into a speech but a nasheed which has musical instruments in them, are haraam. EXCEPT duff. I'd reccomend you to listen to nasheeds with no background music. Only the voice.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayesha.ansari
11-10-2011, 05:22 AM
Well it is satanic Why? because it easily close your ears and eyes and stop you to say your prayer on time.

Innocent Soul
11-10-2011, 03:17 PM
People get addicted to music because they keep listening to it. Imagine if we keep listening to the Quran?

Narrated Abu 'Amir or Abu Malik Al-Ash'ari: that he heard the Prophet saying, "From among my followers there will be some people who will consider illegal sexual intercourse, the wearing of silk, the drinking of alcoholic drinks and the use of musical instruments, as lawful.

And there will be some people who will stay near the side of a mountain and in the evening their shepherd will come to them with their sheep and ask them for something, but they will say to him, 'Return to us tomorrow.' Allah will destroy them during the night and will let the mountain fall on them, and He will transform the rest of them into monkeys and pigs and they will remain so till the Day of Resurrection." (Sahih Bukhari: Book #69, Hadith #494)

“Falling into sin is like falling in water, the faster you get out the less likely you are going to drown.”

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, "I have prepared for My Pious slaves things which have never been seen by an eye, or heard by an ear, or imagined by a human being." If you wish, you can recite this Verse from the Holy quran:--"No soul knows what is kept hidden for them, of joy as a reward for what they used to do." (32.17) (Sahih Bukhari: Book #54, Hadith #467)

Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet said, 'The example of a believer who recites the Qur'an is that of a citron (a citrus fruit) which is good in taste and good in smell. And the believer who does not recite the quran is like a date which has a good taste but no smell. And the example of an impious person who recites the Qur'an is that of Ar-Rihana (an aromatic plant) which smells good but is bitter in taste. And the example of an impious person who does not recite the quran is that of a colocynth which is bitter in taste and has no smell." (Sahih Bukhari: Book #93, Hadith #649)

And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e.music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Quran) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire). (Surah Luqman 31:6)

If you want to know more read these threads.
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...928-music.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...-download.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/worship-...an-sunnah.html

ayesha.ansari
11-17-2011, 05:45 AM
Well its quite tough to leave songs. but not impossible. i have done this experiment. well i may not say that i am strong enough to close the songs at restaurants but i try my level best to stop my self listen music at cell phone, or FM. May ALLAH save me and give me strong strength to save my self from this devil.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!