/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding angel of death

Isamisthedeen
06-01-2011, 12:47 AM
No way do I have doubt about the deen, I am only asking this question to acquire knowledge. We all know death will hit us eventually in our lifetime... Sometimes death hits certain people faster than it hits others. My main question is, if we see the angel of death while we are passing away... Do we see the angel of death really fast? The reason I ask this is because lets take for instance someone shooting someone else in the head and the person passes away quickly, how does the angel of death take the soul so fast and bring it up to the heavens when you die so quickly? Also brothers/sisters, please do not assume I have doubt about my iman.. I am asking this question to acquire knowledge and am entitled to know.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S.B.
06-04-2011, 04:03 AM
Angels don't have the same reference of frame for time as you and I. The Quran speaks of one day of Qayamah like thousands of years. So time is relative. I know this is hypothetical so you can assume that time slows down for Angels in that case.

al yunan
06-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Salam brother,

The name of the Angel in question is Israil a.s. He is also the Angel of war and he has a whole army of assistants.
He is one of he most senior Angels and appears angelic only to believers when he comes to fetch them, to others he shows his most horrible face.
It is a high honour indeed for him to show up personally at some one's death.
The Angel assigned to fetch a person appears before a person dies as their appearance confirms that person's destiny.
It has been said that Angels travel at the speed of Nour which was only explained as the ability to transverse the universe at the blink of an eye.
Israil a.s like all Angels has no mind of his own and does only as is directed, he does as well as all Angels though have love for the believers and does his best to make their passing comfortable and painless as possible.
It has also been told by the prophet s.a.w that Israil a.s also takes care of the Shahid who are neglected on the battlefields and makes sure they are buried properly.
Traditions also tell us that Israil is recognised by his sword which is used to severe the body from the soul a process which may be swift or very lengthy as it depends on the person being a Mukmin or not.
Finally the Traditions also mention that the dead although unable to speak feel all discomforts that a living person would hence the gentle handling of corpses and the bathing with warm water as per Hadith "to be handled as babies"
Hence the four Mathab prohibit autopsies or even the washing of mutilated bodies.
I hope this answers your query.

May Allah S.W.T grant us a swift death.

Masalam

Jalal~
06-09-2011, 05:15 AM
this is really interesting, could someone post more about the angel of death? Jazakallah Khair

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
06-09-2011, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isamisthedeen
No way do I have doubt about the deen, I am only asking this question to acquire knowledge. We all know death will hit us eventually in our lifetime... Sometimes death hits certain people faster than it hits others. My main question is, if we see the angel of death while we are passing away... Do we see the angel of death really fast? The reason I ask this is because lets take for instance someone shooting someone else in the head and the person passes away quickly, how does the angel of death take the soul so fast and bring it up to the heavens when you die so quickly? Also brothers/sisters, please do not assume I have doubt about my iman.. I am asking this question to acquire knowledge and am entitled to know.
Even in this universe, time is relative, the closer you are to the speed of light, the more time slows down to a stop, and angels may not even be in this universe dimensions.

al yunan
06-09-2011, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by halalmeat4free
this is really interesting, could someone post more about the angel of death? Jazakallah Khair
Would you like to meet him ?

Jalal~
06-10-2011, 01:54 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Would you like to meet him ?
meeting him would be pretty terrifying, unless he has good news of course :/ but still, thinking about death is enough for me and for others i assume to stay on the straight path.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!