PDA

View Full Version : So I'm going to visit the local masjid today...



Who Am I?
06-01-2011, 03:02 PM
... and I have to admit I am a bit nervous about it. I think I know what I want to discuss, but I'm mainly worried about what kind of reception I will get. I'm not sure what the brothers will think of an obviously non-Muslim white guy entering their holy place of worship. Part of this will be a test to see if I get a good reaction. I don't want to worship somewhere that I don't feel comfortable. Their reaction will play a big part in determining where I go from here...
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ProudMuslimSis
06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
WOW! That is great!

I am sure the local masjid will be delighted to have you as a member.
Reply

Ramadhan
06-01-2011, 03:56 PM
salam,

Did you call in advance so there will be someone who can answer your question, or are you just going to visit to have a look around?

Anyway, I wish you a pleasant and positive experience.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ramadhan
salam,

Did you call in advance so there will be someone who can answer your question, or are you just going to visit to have a look around?

Anyway, I wish you a pleasant and positive experience.
I emailed the brother I've been talking to so I could make sure he was going to be there. He said he would be, so at least someone will be there and I won't look like a Federal agent snooping around... :embarrass
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Perseveranze
06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Allah(swt) guides who he wills, Inshallah that will be the case for you :)
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Salaam/peace Just a Guy

I hope you enjoy your visit and feel comfortable with the experience and visit itself..

All the best!
Reply

aadil77
06-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
... and I have to admit I am a bit nervous about it. I think I know what I want to discuss, but I'm mainly worried about what kind of reception I will get. I'm not sure what the brothers will think of an obviously non-Muslim white guy entering their holy place of worship. Part of this will be a test to see if I get a good reaction. I don't want to worship somewhere that I don't feel comfortable. Their reaction will play a big part in determining where I go from here...
you might get a few looks here and there but don't mind them, its not uncommon to have white people in a mosque

just relax and hopefully all will go well - they have a duty to welcome you inside :shade:
Reply

Reflections
06-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Have fun..and don't worry the brothers won't bite!
Reply

GuestFellow
06-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
... and I have to admit I am a bit nervous about it. I think I know what I want to discuss, but I'm mainly worried about what kind of reception I will get. I'm not sure what the brothers will think of an obviously non-Muslim white guy entering their holy place of worship. Part of this will be a test to see if I get a good reaction. I don't want to worship somewhere that I don't feel comfortable. Their reaction will play a big part in determining where I go from here...
:sl:

You'll be fine.
Reply

Ghazalah
06-01-2011, 09:58 PM
:sl:

A man took Shahadah at my local masjid last Friday after Jumah salah and he was then bombarded with hugs after :p I expect that you shall get a good reception most brothers at the Masjid will be glad to help in any way possible! Let us know how it goes!
Reply

Tyrion
06-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Just a bit of advice... Don't let the Muslims deter you or affect your judgement of Islam... I think it was Yusuf Islam (but I could be wrong) who said something along the lines of, "I thank God that I studied Islam before I met the Muslims.." Having said that though, I'm sure they'll be more than welcoming. Generally mosques and Muslims are warm and easy to get along with. :p They should be willing to listen to you and help you out.
Reply

Revert 2010
06-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Salaam, good luck bro am sure they will welcome you with open arms : )
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
... and I have to admit I am a bit nervous about it. I think I know what I want to discuss, but I'm mainly worried about what kind of reception I will get. I'm not sure what the brothers will think of an obviously non-Muslim white guy entering their holy place of worship. Part of this will be a test to see if I get a good reaction. I don't want to worship somewhere that I don't feel comfortable. Their reaction will play a big part in determining where I go from here...
Just a Guy is going to the masjid?!! :Mosque:

Aha!!! I am sooooooo delighted to hear this news! Yayyyy!!! :wub:

I can understand that you are scared and nervous but have no fear. Flame is here. lol.

I want you to know that you have been in my prayers..... :statisfie Remember you told us that you could do with all the help you could get? :shade:

So when you go to the masjid, just think to yourself that the whole IB Towners are coming along with you..... well, you can imagine that, can't you? Besides, I'm sure everyone of us would be going along with you in spirit..... cheering you on.

We're with you.... every step of the way. :muslimah: :beard: :Crescent:
Reply

Just_A_Girl13
06-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Salam brother,

I'm sure the brothers will be happy to welcome you. Some of the nicest people I know are Muslims, after all. :) Inshallah you will have a good experience and the brothers will answer any questions you have. Good luck, and peace be with you.
Reply

Muslim Woman
06-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Salaam/Peace

Originally Posted by Just a Guy
.... I won't look like a Federal agent snooping around... :embarrass

hmmm I was just going to write that . Some Muslims may suspect that u are not really interested about Islam but
try to collect info about them .

But as already said , dont judge Islam by the behaviour of Muslims. Yusuf Islam ( Cat Stevens ) said , he personally
did not know any Muslim before embracing Islam [ thanks God , I am happy that he did not :) ].

It is said that Islam is the best religion with worst follwers :( So , read Quran , ask God to help u.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 01:37 AM
"What if everything you've ever been told is wrong?" (I'll come back to this in the end)

Well, I am back and I have to say that it was an enlightening experience. I was REALLY nervous at first, almost to the point of puking when I first got there. I went in the bathroom first thing and literally almost threw up right there, I was so nervous, but I perservered. I've been given a lot to think about over the next few days. I haven't taken the shahada yet but I feel like I am closer to that than ever. I still want to learn a bit more and make an informed choice instead of just jumping into something ignorantly and then deciding that I really don't want to do it.

Anyway, I met the brother and we ended up talking for about two hours. I told him why I was there and what I was looking for; pretty much my whole life story and why I am looking at Islam as a solution. He gave me a lot to think about, in particular one thing he said resonated with me. I was talking about how I don't have any idea as to what my purpose in life is and why I am here, and he said that we are all created by Allah solely to worship Him. Now I have never even thought about that being my purpose in life, but maybe I've been looking at this whole thing all wrong. I've been trying to find something tangible, something I can look at and say "yeah, this is me; this is who I am." But maybe I can't do that. Maybe I'm not supposed to do that. I have to admit that that one thing right there really makes a lot of sense to me right now as I type this.

I'll admit that I'm still a little scared, but not so much of Islam anymore. I'm more worried now about what my family and friends are going to think when I tell them I've converted (which I admit that I am pretty close to doing now). But, I figure I can worry about that later. For now I want to keep educating myself and learning all that I can about this way of life. I told the brother that if I do this, I want to do it right, and do it for real, and not just half commit and then back out. He gave me a lot of stuff to read and gave me his card and said I could call him if I had any questions. He even invited me to a few events they are having this weekend, so I might go check those out. I want to surround myself with the Islamic lifestyle and really see how much of a difference it can make in someone's life.

I feel more at peace now than I did before I went in there. It's like a big weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. No, I am not a Muslim yet, but my eyes are open and my ears are listening. I appreciate all the prayers and support from those who offered it. I think I've taken a big step into a larger world. I think that finally the darkness is fading, but I'm not there yet. Maybe everything I have been told my whole life IS wrong. This is something I have to digest, and I admit it may take a little while...

Tonight I will pray to Allah and ask Him to guide me closer to Him...

TL-DR - Met with the brother at the masjid and gained a lot more understanding. Not a Muslim yet, but will probably be one soon.
Reply

MustafaMc
06-02-2011, 02:19 AM
I am glad that things went well for you. You say that you were scared, but I see a tremendous amount of courage. I too am Caucasian and most often the only white guy in a masjid. It took me a long time to get over feeling so different from everyone else. I advise against telling family and friends too soon before you are well grounded in the Islamic faith. Insha'Allah I will be praying for you.
Reply

جوري
06-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
we are all created by Allah solely to worship Him.
And Allah swt has made it so that even standing by the ocean to admire its creation and say 'Glory be to Allah' as an act of worship..

wishing you well guy..

peace
Reply

Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I am glad that things went well for you. You say that you were scared, but I see a tremendous amount of courage. I too am Caucasian and most often the only white guy in a masjid. It took me a long time to get over feeling so different from everyone else. I advise against telling family and friends too soon before you are well grounded in the Islamic faith. Insha'Allah I will be praying for you.
Right, well I plan on taking the shahada soon. I don't know when yet. I figure I will know when the time is right.

Anyway, the brother I talked to said they have people from all over the world at the masjid. There weren't many people there today, but usually on the weekends there are more. So I will try going there more to meet different people.
Reply

ProudMuslimSis
06-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Maybe everything I have been told my whole life IS wrong. This is something I have to digest, and I admit it may take a little while...
Try not to dwell on the past too much and think of this day as a new day and a new start.
I don't think we need to put down other beliefs to elevate Islam. It can stand on it's own.
Enjoy the journey of discovery!
Reply

Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 03:48 AM
Today was a big day for me...

I am going to bed, but I wanted to thank everyone for their support. Inshallah, I think I will take the shahada soon, but I want to do it in front of witnesses. I will pray to Allah tonight to guide me to when the time is right.
Reply

MustafaMc
06-02-2011, 03:53 AM
... big change going from scared to inspired. It takes courage to make a stand that is contrary to what is easy and popular, but remember each of us will stand before Allah (swt) alone to give an account for our life.
Reply

sister herb
06-02-2011, 04:07 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Today was a big day for me...

I am going to bed, but I wanted to thank everyone for their support. Inshallah, I think I will take the shahada soon, but I want to do it in front of witnesses. I will pray to Allah tonight to guide me to when the time is right.
May Allah show you right path to Islam.

We all are here to answer your questions if you need.

your sister in Islam
Reply

sister herb
06-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Oops also extra you will get this what-ever-saurus:



Goodbye teenagers.
Reply

Ansariyah
06-02-2011, 08:54 AM
MashaAllah..(I'm following your story) May Allah grant you Jannah ameeen.=)
Reply

aadil77
06-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Right, well I plan on taking the shahada soon. I don't know when yet. I figure I will know when the time is right.

Anyway, the brother I talked to said they have people from all over the world at the masjid. There weren't many people there today, but usually on the weekends there are more. So I will try going there more to meet different people.
yh go for it, its good to meet different people

you should try to relax a bit, I wouldn't be in your condition if I was to visit a church or a synagogue, so make yourself comfortable :thumbs_up
Reply

Riana17
06-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Brother I am sorry I missed your post, my prayers are with you. We joined this forum together and you are doing better than me. Masha Allah

Incase nobody reminds you yet, I would like to tell you that it is good you are not blindly accepting Islam. In addition to that I want to share to you that once you revert (inshallah), you know you will face with many challenges but you must remember that “For A Muslim (revert), leaving Islam is the worst sins /
Changing religion from Islam to another for a Muslim is the worst sins.” ”

Do Not Follow Your Parents' Religion Blindly

[5:104] When they are told, "Come to what GOD has revealed, and to the messenger," they say, "What we found our parents doing is sufficient for us." What if their parents knew nothing, and were not guided?

[5:105] O you who believe, you should worry only about your own necks. If the others go astray, they cannot hurt you, as long as you are guided. To GOD is your ultimate destiny, all of you, then He will inform you of everything you had done.


No Compulsion in Religion

[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient
[2:257] GOD is Lord of those who believe; He leads them out of darkness into the light. As for those who disbelieve, their lords are their idols; they lead them out of the light into darkness - these will be the dwellers of Hell; they abide in it forever
Reply

Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by Riana17
Brother I am sorry I missed your post, my prayers are with you. We joined this forum together and you are doing better than me. Masha Allah

Incase nobody reminds you yet, I would like to tell you that it is good you are not blindly accepting Islam. In addition to that I want to share to you that once you revert (inshallah), you know you will face with many challenges but you must remember that “For A Muslim (revert), leaving Islam is the worst sins /
Changing religion from Islam to another for a Muslim is the worst sins.” ”

Do Not Follow Your Parents' Religion Blindly

[5:104] When they are told, "Come to what GOD has revealed, and to the messenger," they say, "What we found our parents doing is sufficient for us." What if their parents knew nothing, and were not guided?

[5:105] O you who believe, you should worry only about your own necks. If the others go astray, they cannot hurt you, as long as you are guided. To GOD is your ultimate destiny, all of you, then He will inform you of everything you had done.


No Compulsion in Religion

[2:256] There shall be no compulsion in religion: the right way is now distinct from the wrong way. Anyone who denounces the devil and believes in GOD has grasped the strongest bond; one that never breaks. GOD is Hearer, Omniscient
[2:257] GOD is Lord of those who believe; He leads them out of darkness into the light. As for those who disbelieve, their lords are their idols; they lead them out of the light into darkness - these will be the dwellers of Hell; they abide in it forever
Well I admit, I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that everything I was taught may be wrong. That's a huge step and one that I have to take on my own if I am to do this right.I have to admit though that a lot of what was said yesterday makes sense to me. I've been doing things my own way for so long and it hasn't worked, so I know I need to do something different.

I know what I need to do and what I want to do. I just want to make sure that the timing is right. Only Allah can show me that...

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks for the dino, sister harb. Now I just have to find a way to keep it away from my dogs...
Reply

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I am happy things seem to go well with you and hope they become easier insha'Allaah

may Allaah guide you to the right path and make the deen easy to understand and practice and also grant you jannah Aameen
Reply

MustafaMc
06-03-2011, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Well I admit, I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that everything I was taught may be wrong. That's a huge step and one that I have to take on my own if I am to do this right.
For me converting from Christianity to Islam was similar to what has been termed a "Paradigm Shift". It is like wearing rose colored glasses all of one's life until something happens to knock them off your face and then you see the true colors of the world surrounding you for the first time.

In 1962, Thomas Kuhn wrote The Structure of Scientific Revolution, and fathered, defined and popularized the concept of "paradigm shift". Kuhn argues that scientific advancement is not evolutionary, but rather is a "series of peaceful interludes punctuated by intellectually violent revolutions", and in those revolutions "one conceptual world view is replaced by another". Think of a Paradigm Shift as a change from one way of thinking to another. It's a revolution, a transformation, a sort of metamorphosis. It just does not happen, but rather it is driven by agents of change. http://www.taketheleap.com/define.html

Now this can be quite scary to consider a different set of beliefs as possibly being true. I believe that very few people reach the point where you seem to be. Most people are content to believe as they have always been taught to believe. But then again this could be where the guidance of Allah (swt) or leaving to stray comes into play that is beyond our control. This is actually a concept that I only partially understand - the guidance of some and the leaving to stray of others. Perhaps others more knowledgeable will comment.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-03-2011, 02:21 AM
Well I have never been content at any time of my life, even when I was a practicing Christian. I'm still not content I admit, but I feel like I might be closer to finding contentment than at any other time in my life. There is a lot I still don't understand, and I have no one to teach me but myself (and Allah, swt). That is why I am going back to the masjid tomorrow since there is an event there. I need to surround myself with some strong brothers, because I know this is not going to be easy for me. I want to take the shahada, but I don't want to do it by myself, then get frustrated because "this is just not working out for me" like I always do.

I will be honest; I am afraid of a lot of things right now. The old order of my life is passing away, and the new order is one I don't recognize. For too long I have sat in my comfort zone of alcohol, anger, and self-pity, and Shaytan was content to leave me there. Then I finally decided enough was enough, and I had to change my life. Now it seems like I am under attack from everywhere at once, and some days it is all I can do not to go home and get drunk again. I know this will not be easy, yet I still expect the quick fix. I guess I have become too accustomed to the "microwave society" of the world I live in. Combine that with my laziness, my quickness to anger, and I have a real problem that I need to solve. Inshallah, I will do it, but I can't do it on my own.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Just a quick post before I head off to the masjid for an event tonight. Inshallah, I'm hoping to meet some brothers who can guide me as I continue to take my first steps into a new world.

I am a little nervous about it because there will be a lot more people there than there were the other day when I went.

I'll be back with an update when everything is all said and done...
Reply

MustafaMc
06-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Insha'Allah you will return 'inspired'.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Today was a good day.

As the hours ticked down to the Friday event, I grew ever more anxious. My stomach was turning in knots and I was second guessing myself all day. I got home from work and just had time to change before I left again, wondering all the while if this was the right thing to do.

Anyway, I got there a bit early and found the brother I met with the other day. I got a few looks on the way in. I guess a white guy in jeans with a button down collared shirt will do that. Anyway, I talked to the brother for a little while and then it was time to pray. I followed him into the prayer hall and sat quietly in the corner so as not to bother anyone.

This was my first prayer to witness, and it was a moving experience. I was almost in tears listening to the prayer. I prayed my own prayer to Allah (swt) silently while the imam led the congregation. Honestly, I wondered if I was even supposed to be there, and I said as much to Allah. I was anxious at first, but a calm feeling descended on me after a while, and I just sat there taking in the atmosphere and listening to the prayer (which I didn't really understand because it was in Arabic).

After the prayer a couple of brothers saw me in the corner and wandered over to say hello. I talked a few of them and told them I was thinking of taking shahada, but I wanted to learn as much as I could about Islam first. One brother in particular I remember because he reminded me a lot of myself. Laid back, a bit casual, didn't mind cracking a joke or two. And he used to be a Christian before he took shahada. Anyway, we talked about Allah (swt) and the prophets and he asked me if I believed in God and the prophets and the afterlife. I told him that I did and he said "Well you're pretty much a Muslim already." I have to admit that stunned me a little. I didn't realize that I was that far along.

Another guy said to me what was probably the quote of the night. I told him about my story and all, and he said that Allah (swt) shows His light to those whom He chooses. I've never considered myself special in anything, so that really stuck with me.

I have a feeling I will be seeing more of these brothers as the weeks pass. I might even visit the library tomorrow to see if they have some books that might help with a project I'm working on. More on that later. There's a class on Sunday that I will go to as well...

I feel more calm than ever, I think. Shahada will not be far away...

Today was a good day.
Reply

joedawun
06-04-2011, 04:13 AM
Just a Guy: Good for you following your feelings. It is impressive that you are going forth with an open mind and brave heart. Keep your eyes and heart open and make your decision with the knowledge that you are seeking.

Whatever decision you make, i hope for you all of the best. If you choose to revert, you will have many challenges but no doubt many blessings as well. Remain strong in the knowledge that if your choice is to make your life better and more meaningful, there is no person who has the right to challenge your human right to do so.

May you find peace in your brave quest!

Peace out...JD
Reply

sister herb
06-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Another guy said to me what was probably the quote of the night. I told him about my story and all, and he said that Allah (swt) shows His light to those whom He chooses. I've never considered myself special in anything, so that really stuck with me.
We all are special. Maybe you too.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 04:41 AM
Originally Posted by sister harb
We all are special. Maybe you too.
It was the way he said it to me that really stuck with me. Like I have been walking in the darkness all my life and I've been given an opportunity by Allah (swt) for greatness.
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-04-2011, 04:43 AM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I feel more calm than ever, I think. Shahada will not be far away...
It's strange......

You joined so recently..... and then there was this post of yours that I thought was really heart-warming. When you said that you prayed directly to God and not to Jesus.

There was this good feeling I had when I read your first-time posts in this forum.

And here you are! Going to say the shahadah any day now!

Allahu Akbar!
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Originally Posted by Flame
:sl:



It's strange......

You joined so recently..... and then there was this post of yours that I thought was really heart-warming. When you said that you prayed directly to God and not to Jesus.

There was this good feeling I had when I read your first-time posts in this forum.

And here you are! Going to say the shahadah any day now!

Allahu Akbar!
Yeah, well, it's like a brother told me tonight, I'm practically a Muslim already and never knew it. Shahada just makes it official. Allah will show me when the time is right. I feel like it will be soon...

Funny, I never thought I would go from being scared and alone to feeling like I have support all in one day.

I know it won't be easy, but I feel like I might be able to do it now.
Reply

sister herb
06-04-2011, 04:47 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
It was the way he said it to me that really stuck with me. Like I have been walking in the darkness all my life and I've been given an opportunity by Allah (swt) for greatness.
I felt just same, as walking in darkness before I returned to Islam.

Actually I saw that Islam was like great garden behind walls and at wall were gate I had to find key to open it but it was my story.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by sister harb
I felt just same, as walking in darkness before I returned to Islam.

Actually I saw that Islam was like great garden behind walls and at wall were gate I had to find key to open it but it was my story.

You saw more than I did, then. I knew almost nothing of Islam until a couple of months ago. But the more I studied, the more things made sense, like my eyes were slowly being opened. I'm still a little afraid, but not as much as I was this morning.

That's not to say that things will be all good from here on out, but at least I have more support than I did before. I might actually be able to do this now...
Reply

sister herb
06-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Don´t worry if you don´t understand everything right now. I studied Islam 7 years before were ready to say shahada.

Ooops.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 05:24 AM
Originally Posted by sister harb
Don´t worry if you don´t understand everything right now. I studied Islam 7 years before were ready to say shahada.

Ooops.
Well I don't know how long it will take me. Allah (swt) will show me when the time is right...
Reply

sister herb
06-04-2011, 05:38 AM
You are lucky as you have already contacts to muslims. My 7 years were absolutely lonely without any other muslim here. Just books I read and things I had.
But lately Allah choose He wants.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Well I have had very little contact with Muslims outside these forums. These two trips to the masjid in fact have been my first real contact with Muslims in my life. I've never had any Muslim friends or family. That is why I was really nervous going to the masjid, because it was a completely new experience for me.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by joedawun
Just a Guy: Good for you following your feelings. It is impressive that you are going forth with an open mind and brave heart. Keep your eyes and heart open and make your decision with the knowledge that you are seeking.

Whatever decision you make, i hope for you all of the best. If you choose to revert, you will have many challenges but no doubt many blessings as well. Remain strong in the knowledge that if your choice is to make your life better and more meaningful, there is no person who has the right to challenge your human right to do so.

May you find peace in your brave quest!

Peace out...JD
I saw this post last night but was too tired and forgot to comment.

Appreciate it, brother. Even my own mother told me "keep your heart and mind open" when I started going back to church. I don't think she meant Islam, but I've taken her advice anyway.
Reply

sister herb
06-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I saw this post last night but was too tired and forgot to comment.

Appreciate it, brother. Even my own mother told me "keep your heart and mind open" when I started going back to church. I don't think she meant Islam, but I've taken her advice anyway.
Moms know the best.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by sister harb
Moms know the best.
Yeah. She told me this weeks ago before I was even considering Islam as a religion. Now she's a pretty devout Christian, so I don't know how she will react, but I haven't told my family yet. I'll worry about that when the time comes.
Reply

joedawun
06-04-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I saw this post last night but was too tired and forgot to comment.

Appreciate it, brother. Even my own mother told me "keep your heart and mind open" when I started going back to church. I don't think she meant Islam, but I've taken her advice anyway.
No worries, just happy to see someone actively on a quest for their true path in life. Your Mom gave you good advice, and obviously it can apply to your exploration of Islam as well.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by joedawun
No worries, just happy to see someone actively on a quest for their true path in life. Your Mom gave you good advice, and obviously it can apply to your exploration of Islam as well.
I should have done this 15 years ago when I was in my early 20's. Then I wouldn't have had to go through 20 years of self misery. Now I'm trying to make up for lost time.

But then again, I may not be the same person that I am today.
Reply

MustafaMc
06-05-2011, 12:10 AM
http://juz30.software.informer.com/

This software is useful for learning the Quran in Arabic with English translation and transliteration. For example, The first surah Al-Fatiha is recited during every rakat of every salah. The last surahs are short and easy to learn such as Al-Ikhlas (112) and Al-Asr (103).
Reply

Abz2000
06-05-2011, 01:05 AM
you uplift others who consider themselves to be practicing, it feels like watching the seeds you were rewarded for sowing grow into fruit bearing trees - despite the fact that you were only paid to plant them, it's an unbelievable feeling to see the fruits - i'm sure you'll feel the same some day soon - and take the time to watch this video:

watch?v=IYMKQKSV0bY

it's his experience with his visit to the mosque - thought they'd kill him for the virgins :D , funny - yet educational,
peace
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Well, this is going to be harder than I thought.

Sometimes I wish I did not live in the same town as my parents.

Today was not a good day, and it was my fault.

I went to visit my parents today, to see mom after her surgery, and in causal conversation, I mentioned that I was taking Arabic classes at the masjid (stupid, I know. I shouldn't have said anything). Mom and Dad didn't say anything for a few seconds, then Mom says "Just don't become a Muslim." I didn't say anything. I couldn't. If that is going to be their reaction about that, what are they going to say after I take shahada?

But, I am 35 years old. I am my own man. I go my own way. I have to do what is right for me, and I still feel like Islam is right for me. I just won't tell them when I convert.

My faith is going to be tested, and I must win. I can't give this up after everything I've done this week. Not now. I won't let Allah down, and I won't let myself down.

I am alone, but I've always been alone. That is nothing new for me.

I will prevail, inshallah.

Today was not a good day...
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-05-2011, 03:05 AM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Today was not a good day...
No brother. Today was a beautiful day! What a beautiful, blessed day! Don't you see how the reaction of your parents simply served to strengthen your faith?

It's truly a wonderful thing to hear you react the way you did. I'm soooo happy, you have no idea. :statisfie :)

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Originally Posted by Flame
:sl:



No brother. Today was a beautiful day! What a beautiful, blessed day! Don't you see how the reaction of your parents simply served to strengthen your faith?

It's truly a wonderful thing to hear you react the way you did. I'm soooo happy, you have no idea. :statisfie :)

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!
Yeah, I guess it would be too easy if they just accepted it, but I've never been that lucky.

No, I can't quit now. I've put too much effort into this. I have to see this thing through. For Allah, for myself. This is the right path for me. I'm more convinced of that now than ever.
Reply

MustafaMc
06-05-2011, 03:11 AM
I agree with you, brother. I advise that you keep you journey into Islam to yourself. When I converted to Islam 29 years ago, I was excited about finding Islam and told my family. Being from the Bible-belt, that went over like a 'lead balloon'. I was physically attacked by a family member, but Allah willed that I was able to restrain him even though he was stronger. After that I got discouraged and left Islam for 16 years. Shortly after I turned 40, I decided to again practice Islam in June 2001 despite what others thought or did. I praise God that so far I have stayed the course and my intention is to die not but as a Muslim. I pray for the same for you. Ameen!
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by MustafaMc
I agree with you, brother. I advise that you keep you journey into Islam to yourself. When I converted to Islam 29 years ago, I was excited about finding Islam and told my family. Being from the Bible-belt, that went over like a 'lead balloon'. I was physically attacked by a family member, but Allah willed that I was able to restrain him even though he was stronger. After that I got discouraged and left Islam for 16 years. Shortly after I turned 40, I decided to again practice Islam in June 2001 despite what others thought or did. I praise God that so far I have stayed the course and my intention is to die not but as a Muslim. I pray for the same for you. Ameen!
Yeah, I think the thing to do is not tell them. It's time I took my own advice that I've been giving out. It's time to be a man. I am my own man now. I don't have to tell my parents anything. I go my own way, and I go the way of Islam.

Funny. I was a little upset when it happened and I couldn't wait to complain about it on the forum. I thought I would be more upset about this when I got home. But now I'm not really that upset anymore.

:shade:
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-05-2011, 03:23 AM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Just a Guy
But now I'm not really that upset anymore.
How can Just a Guy be upset when Just a Flame is all smiles? lol. :shade: :D :statisfie :sunny: :smile: :coolious: :p
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-05-2011, 03:27 AM
:sl:

Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Shortly after I turned 40, I decided to again practice Islam in June 2001 despite what others thought or did.
This part of brother Mustafa's story really touches me. I know that it's straight from the heart. Real and genuine. :)

I feel it to be an honor to know people like you.... Just a Guy and MustafaMc.....

Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by Flame
:sl:



How can Just a Guy be upset when Just a Flame is all smiles? lol. :shade: :D :statisfie :sunny: :smile: :coolious: :p
You know you're my biggest supporter here and I appreciate that. This is as much for you and everyone else that has supported me as it is for myself. I can't let you down, I can't let myself, and I can't let Allah down. For too long I've done things because I was too afraid to upset anyone. I was too afraid of what others would think. I was too afraid to let anyone down.

That time is fading. This is my hour. This is Allah's hour. I know what I must do.

Or maybe I'm just taking this too seriously...
Reply

MustafaMc
06-05-2011, 03:49 AM
Sister Flame, thank you for your kind words, but only Allah (swt) knows what is in my heart. I believe the good you see in others is a reflection of what is in your own heart.

Brother Just a Guy, can anything be more serious than what you are considering? Insha'Allah, your faith will continue to grow and one day you can tell anybody, the President of the USA, the Queen of England, or even your own mother that you are a Muslim and that you believe in One God without father, mother, son, daughter, or equal.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 04:01 AM
Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Sister Flame, thank you for your kind words, but only Allah (swt) knows what is in my heart. I believe the good you see in others is a reflection of what is in your own heart.

Brother Just a Guy, can anything be more serious than what you are considering? Insha'Allah, your faith will continue to grow and one day you can tell anybody, the President of the USA, the Queen of England, or even your own mother that you are a Muslim and that you believe in One God without father, mother, son, daughter, or equal.
Inshallah, one day I can tell her, but it will not be this day. Maybe I never will tell her, but at least I know that I am being true to myself and true to Allah. I admit that I am not ready for shahada yet, but I think maybe that it is a formality at this point. I pray to Allah (maybe not 5 times a day yet, but still I do), and He hears me. I only know that I feel more at peace the last day or so than I have in a long time. I don't think that is a coincidence.

I debated even going to the Muslim class tomorrow, but now I think that I must. For myself and for Allah, if nothing else.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 07:48 PM
A bump and an update.

I met the imam today, purely by chance or the will of Allah (swt). I was talking to a brother after the Muslim class and I mentioned that I already pray to Allah, just not at the 5 daily times because I don't know how to do that yet. So the imam happened to hear this and he told me to come back later tonight and he would teach me how.

So if I can make it, I'll do that. He also said I could come by during the week in the evenings and he normally leads the evening prayers.

I was not expecting that today....
Reply

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Bump.

I debated and prayed long about this, and I am going back to the masjid after work. My intention is to take shahada, but of course I have some questions about it first. With that in mind, I'm meeting a brother there tonight. I don't know what will happen, but I feel like this is the right way for me. As I said in another thread, I can't learn by sitting on the sidelines watching. I have to get out there, do my own thing, make my own mistakes. As long as my intention is to worship Allah and draw closer to Him, surely that can't be too rash... can it?
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
As long as my intention is to worship Allah and draw closer to Him, surely that can't be too rash... can it?
Not at all. This isn't rashness. This is called RACING TOWARDS ALLAH'S PLEASURE. :wub:

AND MAKING SHAYTAN SUPER ANGRY. lol.

I'm all smiles...... and extremely happy for you. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen.

May Allah make your footsteps firm and bestow peace upon your heart! Ameen.
Reply

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Flame

Not at all. This isn't rashness. This is called RACING TOWARDS ALLAH'S PLEASURE. :wub:

AND MAKING SHAYTAN SUPER ANGRY. lol.

I'm all smiles...... and extremely happy for you. Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen.

May Allah make your footsteps firm and bestow peace upon your heart! Ameen.

Well I admit there is a lot I still don't know about Islam, but I don't know how much time I have left, and if I die today, I want to at least die with peace in my heart knowing that I did the right thing. I figure I can sort it out as I go along...

If all goes well, you'll see a post in the New Muslims thread tonight...
Reply

piXie
06-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
If all goes well, you'll see a post in the New Muslims thread tonight...
:sl:

insha' Allaah ! :) our duas are with u
Reply

sabr*
06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Well I admit there is a lot I still don't know about Islam, but I don't know how much time I have left, and if I die today, I want to at least die with peace in my heart knowing that I did the right thing. I figure I can sort it out as I go along...

If all goes well, you'll see a post in the New Muslims thread tonight...
Peace be to you Just a Guy:

Based upon our experience in the West with new converts (Especially converts from European descent, White, Caucasian, etc) the members of the Masjid greet all visitors with warmness and openness. The following notes should be taken in consideration.

1. Muslims are human and are not perfect and be guided in your quest with pleasing the Creator of all
existence (Allah). When your heart is in the right place you have no worries of what people think.

2. Be mindful of the events that are occurring in the world regarding Muslims. The conflicts, the Wars that the
West are engaged,etc. There is always apprehension by any group of people when a stranger is
encountered. We will ensure you that the Majority if not all Masjid will embrace you warmly because you
are new and you will feel welcomed. Now once people get to know a person the personalities begin like any
group of people. That is one reason you will encounter numerous Masjid in the West in the same proximity.
(Personality conflicts, Application of Islam differences, Nationalism and Cultural differences)

3. If you have the time make an attempt to talk with the Imam. That should provide you an idea of how
the Masjid is conducted. You should feel comfortable with the Imam. A body is as strong as the head.

4. We would like to encourage you to continue on your quest of seeking knowledge of Islam minus the
Nationalism and Cultural practices that are in opposition of Islam. Remember men are imperfect.
Allah is the As-Salam السلام: The One Who is clear of every imperfection.

Al-A'raf (The Heights) 7:180

وَلِلّهِ الأَسْمَاء الْحُسْنَى فَادْعُوهُ بِهَا وَذَرُواْ الَّذِينَ يُلْحِدُونَ فِي أَسْمَآئِهِ سَيُجْزَوْنَ مَا كَانُواْ يَعْمَلُونَ (7:180)
Walillahi alasmao alhusna faodAAoohu biha watharoo allatheena yulhidoona fee asmaihi sayujzawna ma kanoo yaAAmaloona

7:180 (Y. Ali) The most beautiful names belong to Allah. so call on him by them; but shun such men as use profanity in his names: for what they do, they will soon be requited.


The perfect Attributes and Names of Allah:


Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.


1. Allah الله: The One Who has the Godhood, which is the power to create the entities.
2. Ar-Rahman الرحمن: The One Who has an abundance of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and exclusively for the believers in the Hereafter.
3. Ar-Rahim الرحيم: The One Who has an abundance of mercy for the believers.
4. Al-Malik الملك: The One with absolute Dominion, and the One Whose Dominion is clear of imperfection.
5. Al-Quddus القدوس: The One Who is pure from any imperfection and clear of children and adversaries.
6. As-Salam السلام: The One Who is clear of every imperfection.
7. Al-Mu'min المؤمن: The One Who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him; and Who witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.
8. Al-Muhaymin المهيمن: The One Who witnesses the saying and deeds of His creatures.
9. Al-^Aziz العزيز: The Defeater Who is not defeated.
10. Al-Jabbar الجبار: The One for Whom nothing happens in His dominion except what He willed.
11. Al-Mutakabbir المتكبر: The One Who is clear of the attributes of the creatures and of resembling them.
12. Al- Khaliq الخالق: The One Who brings everything from non-existence to existence.
13. Al-Bari' البارئ: The Creator Who has the Power to turn the entities from one state to another.
14. Al-Musawwir المصور: The One Who forms His creatures in different pictures.
15. Al-Ghaffar الغفار: The One Who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again.
16. Al-Qahhar القهار: The Subduer Who has the perfect Power and is not powerless over anything.
17. Al-Wahhab الوهاب: The One Who is Generous in giving plenty without any return.
18. Ar-Razzaq الرزاق: The One Who makes the Sustenance reach His slaves. Sustenance is everything that benefits, whether halal or haram.
19. Al-Fattah الفتاح: The One Who opens for His slaves the closed worldly and religious matters.
20. Al-^Alim العليم: The Knowledgeable; the One for Whom nothing is hidden from His Knowledge.
21. Al-Qabid القابض,
22. Al-Basit الباسط: The One Who constricts the sustenance by His Wisdom and expands and widens it with His Generosity and Mercy.
23. Al-Khafid الخافض,
24. Ar-Rafi^ الرافع: The One Who lowers whomever He willed by His Destruction and raises whomever He willed by His Endowment.
25. Al-Mu^izz المعز,
26. Al-Mudhill المذل: The One Who gives esteem to whomever He willed; hence there is no one to degrade him. The One Who degrades whomever He willed; hence there is no one to give him esteem.
27. As-Sami^ السميع: The One Who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument, or organ.
28. Al-Basir البصير: The One Who Sees all things that are seen by His eternal Sight without a pupil or any other instrument.
29. Al-Hakam الحكم: He is the Ruler, and His judgment is His Word.
30. Al-^Adl: The One Who is entitled to do what He does.
31. Al-Latif: The One Who is kind to His slaves and endows upon them.
32. Al-Khabir: The One Who knows the truth of things.
33. Al-Halim: The One Who delays the punishment for those who deserve it and then He might forgive them.
34. Al-^Adhim: The One deserving the attributes of Exaltment, Glory, Extolement, and Purity from all imperfection.
35. Al-Ghafur: The One Who forgives a lot.
36. Ash-Shakur: The One Who gives ample reward for a little obedience.
37. Al-^Aliyy: The One Who is clear of the attributes of the creatures.
38. Al-Kabir: The One Who is greater in status than everything.
39. Al-Hafidh: The One Who protects whatever and whomever He willed to protect.
40. Al-Muqit: The One Who has the Power.
41. Al-Hasib: The One Who gives the satisfaction.
42. Al-Jalil: The One Who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.
43. Al-Karim: The One Who is clear of abjectness.
44. Ar-Raqib: The One from Whom nothing is absent. Hence its meaning is related to the attribute of Knowledge.
45. Al-Mujib: The One Who answers the one in need if he asks Him and rescues the yearner if he calls upon Him.
46. Al-Wasi^: The Knowledgeable.
47. Al-Hakim: The One Who is correct in His doings.
48. Al-Wadud: The One Who loves His believing slaves and His believing slaves love Him. His love to His slaves is His Will to be merciful to them and praise them: Hence its meaning is related to the attributes of the Will and Kalam (His attribute with which He orders and forbids and with which He spoke to Muhammad and Musa. It is not a sound, nor a language, nor a letter.)
49. Al-Majid: The One Who is with perfect Power, High Status, Compassion, Generosity, and Kindness.
50. Al-Ba^ith: The One Who resurrects His slaves after death for reward and/or punishment.
51. Ash-Shahid: The One from Whom nothing is absent.
52. Al-Haqq: The One Who truly exists, i.e., the One Whose Existence is confirmed.
53. Al-Wakil: The One Who gives the satisfaction and is relied upon.
54. Al-Qawiyy: The One with the complete Power.
55. Al-Matin: The One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted, and Who does not get tired.
56. Al-Waliyy: The Supporter.
57. Al-Hamid: The praised One Who deserves to be praised.
58. Al-Muhsi: The One Who knows the count of things.
59. Al-Mubdi': The One Who started the human being, that is, He created him.
60. Al-Mu^id: The One Who brings back the creatures after death.
61. Al-Muhyi: The One Who took out a living human from seminal fluid that does not have a soul. He quickens the dead by giving the souls back to the decayed bodies on the Resurrection Day and He makes the hearts alive by the light of knowledge.
62. Al-Mumit: The One Who renders the living dead.
63. Al-Hayy: The One Who is attributed with a life that is unlike our life and is not that of a combination of soul, flesh, and blood.
64. Al-Qayyum: The One Who remains and does not end.
65. Al-Wajid: The Rich Who is never poor. Al¬Wajd is Richness.
66. Al-Majid: The One Who is Majid.
67. Al-Wahid: The One without a partner.
68. As-Samad: The Master Who is relied upon in matters and is resorted to in one's needs.
69. Al-Qadir: The One Who is attributed with Power.
70. Al-Muqtadir: The One with the perfect Power from Whom nothing is withheld.
71. Al-Muqaddim,
72. Al-Mu'akhkhir: The One Who puts things in their right places. He makes ahead whatever He wills and delays whatever He wills.
73. Al-'Awwal: The One whose Existence is without a beginning.
74. Al-'Akhir: The One whose Existence is without an end.
75. Adh-Dhahir,
76. Al-Batin: The One above Whom nothing exists and underneath Whom nothing exists; hence He exists without a place. His Existence is obvious by proofs. He is clear of the delusions of bodily attributes.
77. Al-Wali: The One Who owns things and manages them.
78. Al-Muta^ali: The One Who is clear of the attributes of the creation.
79. Al-Barr: The One Who is kind to His creatures, Who covered them with His sustenance and specified whomever He willed among them by His support, protection, and special mercy.
80. At-Tawwab: The One Who grants repentance to whomever He willed among His creatures and accepts his repentance.
81. Al-Muntaqim: The One Who victoriously prevails over His enemies and punishes them for their sins. It may mean the One Who destroys them.
82. Al-^Afuww: The One with wide forgiveness.
83. Ar-Ra'uf: The One with extreme Mercy. The Mercy of Allah is His Will to endow upon whomever He willed among His creatures.
84. Malikul-Mulk: The One Who controls the dominion and gives dominion to whomever He willed.
85. Dhul-Jalal Wal-'Ikram: The One Who deserves to be Exalted and not denied.
86. Al-Muqsit: The One Who is Just in His judgment.
87. Al-Jami^: The One Who gathers the creatures on a day there is no doubt about, that is, the Day of Judgment.
88. Al-Ghaniyy: The One Who does not need the creation.
89. Al-Mughni: The One Who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.
90. Al-Mani^: The Supporter Who protects and gives victory to His pious believers.
91. Ad -Darr,
92. An-Nafi^: The One Who makes harm reach to whomever He willed and benefit to whomever He willed.
93. An-Nur: The One Who guides.
94. Al-Hadi: The One with Whose Guidance His believers were guided, and with Whose Guidance the living beings have been guided to what is beneficial for them and protected from what is harmful to them.
95. Al-Badi^: The One Who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example.
96. Al-Baqi: The One for Whom the state of non-existence is impossible.
97. Al-Warith: The One Whose Existence remains.
98. Ar-Rashid: The One Who guides.
99. As-Sabur: The One Who does not quickly punish the sinners.
_________________________________________________

Al-Qasas (The Narration) 28:56

إِنَّكَ لَا تَهْدِي مَنْ أَحْبَبْتَ وَلَكِنَّ اللَّهَ يَهْدِي مَن يَشَاء وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ (28:56)
Innaka la tahdee man ahbabta walakinna Allaha yahdee man yashao wahuwa aAAlamu bialmuhtadeena

28:56 (Y. Ali) It is true thou wilt not be able to guide every one, whom thou lovest; but Allah guides those whom He will and He knows best those who receive guidance.
Reply

sister herb
06-08-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Flame

AND MAKING SHAYTAN SUPER ANGRY. lol.
We all will be happy about this kind of anger.

Thanks about your words Flame and may Allah be with you, Just a guy.

:statisfie
Reply

ProudMuslimSis
06-08-2011, 09:30 PM
This is all so exciting!!!
Can't wait to see our famous Just a Guy friend in the New Muslim thread and call him a brother soon.
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 09:42 PM
:sl:

Originally Posted by Just a Guy
If all goes well, you'll see a post in the New Muslims thread tonight...
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 11:53 PM
To Just a Guy:

Reply

Who Am I?
06-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Well, I did it. I'm a Muslim now. All those weeks of studying and questioning and praying have come down to this day, this moment. I have to say that I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my heart. I know that I will face even more trials, but I feel like I can do it. If I can overcome my fear and take the shahada, I can do anything with Allah (swt).

There is still a lot that I don't know about Islam. But I will work on that as I go along. I'll worry about the family later. For now, I want to keep working on my relationship with Allah (swt).
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-09-2011, 04:27 AM
Alhamdulillahir rabbil al ameen!!!

Reply

sabr*
06-09-2011, 05:25 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Well, I did it. I'm a Muslim now. All those weeks of studying and questioning and praying have come down to this day, this moment. I have to say that I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my heart. I know that I will face even more trials, but I feel like I can do it. If I can overcome my fear and take the shahada, I can do anything with Allah (swt).

There is still a lot that I don't know about Islam. But I will work on that as I go along. I'll worry about the family later. For now, I want to keep working on my relationship with Allah (swt).
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Akhi (My Brother) Just A Guy:

Alhamdulillah (All Praise is due to Allah) that you have embraced Islam.

Al-'Ankabut (The Spider) 29:69

وَالَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا فِينَا لَنَهْدِيَنَّهُمْ سُبُلَنَا وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَمَعَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ (29:69)

Waallatheena jahadoo feena lanahdiyannahum subulana wainna Allaha lamaAAa almuhsineena

29:69 (Y. Ali) And those who strive in Our (cause),- We will certainly guide them to our Paths:
For verily Allah is with those who do right.

There are Six Kalimahs (Word) (We will list two of the six)

(Shahada -Declaration of faith)

1. Kalimah Tayyibah

ā ilaha illa Allahu, Muhammad ur-Rasul Allah (There is none worthy of worship but Allah,
Muhammad ( ) is the messenger of Allah.

2. Kalimah Shahaadat

Ašh-hadu an-lā ilāha illā-llāhu, wa ašh-hadu anna Muḥammadun abduhu wa rasūluh.
(I bear witness that none is worthy of worship but Allah, the One alone, without partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad ( ) is His servant and Messenger)

Jazakumullahu Khair
Reply

7ssam
06-09-2011, 10:00 AM
i went through the 5 pages with so much excitement, eating cashews lol, with smile so massive at the end of this thread. Alhamdullilah for guiding to Islam and i I pray that he will keep you strong through whatever trials you might face along the way. I am so happy to have joined this forum and opened this thread :D

All the best brother.
Reply

MustafaMc
06-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Well, I did it. I'm a Muslim now. All those weeks of studying and questioning and praying have come down to this day, this moment. I have to say that I feel like a big weight has been lifted from my heart. I know that I will face even more trials, but I feel like I can do it. If I can overcome my fear and take the shahada, I can do anything with Allah (swt).

There is still a lot that I don't know about Islam. But I will work on that as I go along. I'll worry about the family later. For now, I want to keep working on my relationship with Allah (swt).
Assalamu alaikum, my brother-in-Islam! I second Sister Flame and others, Alhamdulillah Rabbil Allameen!

Your comments brought this quote to my mind from the book JFK and the Unspeakable - "I know there is a God - I see a storm coming; if he has a place for me, I believe that I am ready." JFK quoting Abraham Lincoln.

May Allah (swt) make your faith easy to hold on to and preserve it such that you do not get discouraged.
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!