/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Border Between USA and Mexico.

Endymion
06-01-2011, 03:40 PM

This is an image of the border between USA and Mexico. As can be seen, the fence separating the two creates a clear divide between the two countries. In this photo, USA is on the left and Mexico is on the right. Its interesting to see how the two countries have altered the environments so drastically in order to fit their individual agendas. Although this photo portrays the two sides as complete opposites, how much interaction and interdependence does in fact take place in the areas immediately surrounding the border?

The U.S.- Mexican border separating Tijuana, Mexico on the right and San Diego, California on the left, May 13, 2006. The border fence runs from the Gulf of Mexico in Texas ending in the Pacific Ocean. (UPI Photo/Earl S.Cryer)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
06-01-2011, 08:09 PM
Salaam,

What is the relationship like between Mexico and America?

sister herb
06-01-2011, 08:15 PM
Whats meaning of this? They are even two independent states, not as like borders for example inside of Palestine (where have borders after borders inside of one country).

ardianto
06-02-2011, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam,

I don't know. But I heard, nowadays Texans still sing "Remember The Alamo".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Who Am I?
06-02-2011, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Salaam,

I would say cordial at best. I don't live near the border, so I can't speak for relations there, but immigration, particularly illegal Hispanic immigration coming from Mexico, is a hot political topic in the USA right now. It was a big issue in the last Presidential election and continues to be hotly debated, especially with the added threat of Mexican drug cartel violence coming north of the border. There are also fears that terrorists may use the Mexican border to sneak weapons and themselves into the United States.

GuestFellow
06-02-2011, 03:07 PM
^ I find something odd. In America, the citizens dislike illegal immigrants. In the UK, some British people dislike all immigrants including those who look like immigrants, whether legal or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!