/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hajj Research

rsu82f
06-01-2011, 09:51 PM

Hello All,

I am a 3rd year Religious Studies student at Bangor University and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions on their experience of hajj for my dissertation research? I would really appreciate any information :) If you would be willing to help me out then please message me or reply below. Thank you.
Jane

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
rsu82f
06-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Here are the questions;

Feel free to answer as much or as little as you'd like :)

Please state whether born Muslim or converted, born in UK or not, gender, age.

- Who did you go on hajj with?
What made you want to travel to Mecca for hajj?
- Why do you think that it is an important ritual?
-What effect did the experience have on you as an individual?
-Do you feel that the experience strengthened your faith?

Thanks again,
Jane

rsu82f
06-02-2011, 12:12 AM
ANY replies at all would be great :)

rsu82f
06-02-2011, 06:53 PM
Can no-one help me with my research? Many people have viewed the post but not responded? Please email me rsu82f at bangor.ac.uk
thanks

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
06-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi,

Sorry I have not been to Hajj, so I cannot help. Good luck on your dissertation!

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-02-2011, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rsu82f
Here are the questions;

Feel free to answer as much or as little as you'd like :)

Please state whether born Muslim or converted, born in UK or not, gender, age.

- Who did you go on hajj with?
What made you want to travel to Mecca for hajj?
- Why do you think that it is an important ritual?
-What effect did the experience have on you as an individual?
-Do you feel that the experience strengthened your faith?

Thanks again,
Jane
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I wish i could answer your questions from personal experience, but i have not performed Hajj..

But I have asked those around me who have performed the hajj and Umrah..

They went to went with their family members, such as parents etc..

The effect that many have had has a complete change, I personally know a sister and she wasnt very pracitisng before her experience, she came back to be a practising sister alHamdulilaah..All those i have spoken to have told me they had an amazing experience, everyone i have spoken to has told me you can only know the feeling once you actually go there, subhaan'Allaah..and yes i feel it did strengten their faith it brought them closer to Allaah SWT and made them a better person alHamdulilaah..

I am sorry if that wasnt what you were looking for, but i hope someone will eventually share their views,experiences insha'Allaah..

rsu82f
06-02-2011, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pєαяℓ σf Wιѕ∂σм

Assalaamu Alaaykum

I wish i could answer your questions from personal experience, but i have not performed Hajj..

But I have asked those around me who have performed the hajj and Umrah..

They went to went with their family members, such as parents etc..

The effect that many have had has a complete change, I personally know a sister and she wasnt very pracitisng before her experience, she came back to be a practising sister alHamdulilaah..All those i have spoken to have told me they had an amazing experience, everyone i have spoken to has told me you can only know the feeling once you actually go there, subhaan'Allaah..and yes i feel it did strengten their faith it brought them closer to Allaah SWT and made them a better person alHamdulilaah..

I am sorry if that wasnt what you were looking for, but i hope someone will eventually share their views,experiences insha'Allaah..
Thank you for asking your friends/family. This is great! Very helpful, thank you :)

rsu82f
06-02-2011, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Hi,

Sorry I have not been to Hajj, so I cannot help. Good luck on your dissertation!
Thank you anyway :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!