/* */

PDA

View Full Version : al-Khatoobah

Woodrow
06-02-2011, 03:27 AM
This is called blatant free publicity for "Islamic Center of Central of North Dakota" it still has a lot of work to do, but it is getting there. Come visit us.

Insha Allaah we will grow fast. http://www.alkhatoobah.net/index.htm...110501223033#/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tilmeez
06-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you for sharing, uncle. Is there any thing that we can do for you or your project?

GuestFellow
06-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Nice website! Keep up the good work.

marwen
06-02-2011, 11:21 AM
I like the video in that page, it's well done. A very good first step.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
06-02-2011, 12:58 PM
I like the rotating pictures of the premise

Woodrow
06-02-2011, 01:43 PM
:sl:

Jazakallahu Khayran my Brothers and Sisters. We are very excited over this. Although it is a lot of work at the moment, it is very much a bleesing for Aabidah and Myself as it is helping keep us active and providing something constructive for Aabicah to work on. At this time all we need are your Duas. Soon we will be at a point where we will be able to use the help of many people, Some things we will be ned ing will be prayer rugs, books etc.

:wa:

GuestFellow
06-02-2011, 03:10 PM

How are the locals responding to this? I mean has it been positive or negative?

Woodrow
06-02-2011, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow

How are the locals responding to this? I mean has it been positive or negative?

The local community is very small the nearest house is about half a mile away then the next one about 6 miles at a small town with a population of under 200. We anticipate that the most people we have will be over night visitors from out of state. But we will be having regular prayers at the Masjid for the local Muslims there are about 100 in a 100 mile Radius, most non practicing, as the closest Masjid is 250 miles away. This will cut their travel down to a maximum of 100 miles. The original settlers in this region were Muslims from Syria and Jordan. Many have since left Islam, and the rest have been without an easily to get to Mosque. We met one Family about 50 miles away and Mashallah they farm and sell halal meat.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Assalaamu '3laaykum wa'Rahmatullaah wa'Barahkaatuh..

sorry to sound silly but this made me laugh the 'sisters' part :-\ because no sisters have replied so far but i may be wrong..

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Jazakallahu Khayran my Brothers and Sisters
but on a serious note masha'Allaah i liked the site, though i must say i love the simplicity of the site unless there is more you will be adding onto the site.

may Allaah make your work easy for you and your wife and grant you both happiness in this life and the hereafter Aameen

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing.

al yunan
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Assalamu Alaikum brother Woodrow,

Well finaly it's a reality Alhamdulillah and may Allah S.W.T grant you the means to see it through.

Masalam

missy
06-03-2011, 11:10 PM

The site is nice MashaAllah.I liked it too!
I was wondering what does "khatoobah" mean...?

May Allah SWT make it a Big Success and beneficial to all. Ameen

JazakumulAllahu Khairan.

Woodrow
06-04-2011, 04:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by peacelover

The site is nice MashaAllah.I liked it too!
I was wondering what does "khatoobah" mean...?

May Allah SWT make it a Big Success and beneficial to all. Ameen

JazakumulAllahu Khairan.
In the Darija (Moroccan) Arabic it means "Library" But I believe the Saudi dialect has a different word for library. But it should be similar.

aadil77
06-04-2011, 09:39 AM
mashAllah, I hope to visit one day and support your project

Woodrow
06-04-2011, 07:22 PM
The website is coming along a lot faster than the physical project. I've been adding to it everyday. It will be a permant fixture for alKhatoobah

missy
06-04-2011, 10:04 PM
In the Darija (Moroccan) Arabic it means "Library" But I believe the Saudi dialect has a different word for library. But it should be similar.
I heard of "maktaba" as the Arabic word for Library.
Probably it is similar to al-Khatoobah.....
the word also resembles "Khutbah"....you might be knowing...it is used to refer to the Friday Sermon.
Interesting.....:)

Woodrow
06-04-2011, 10:23 PM
I heard of "maktaba" as the Arabic word for Library.
Probably it is similar to al-Khatoobah.....
the word also resembles "Khutbah"....you might be knowing...it is used to refer to the Friday Sermon.
Interesting.....:)

They seem to have the same root katoob which is book in the Darija Arabic. A literal translation of katoobah would be book house.

missy
06-04-2011, 10:57 PM
They seem to have the same root katoob which is book in the Darija Arabic. A literal translation of katoobah would be book house.
Jazakallahu Khairan.
Got to learn something new....i had never heard about the term "Darija"... Moroccan Arabic eh!

Woodrow
06-04-2011, 11:11 PM
Jazakallahu Khairan.
Got to learn something new....i had never heard about the term "Darija"... Moroccan Arabic eh!
It is used mostly in Morocco and Algeria. It originally was a mixture of Arabic and Berber. Berber is believed to be the original Phoenician language, very similar to Arabic. However the Darija has been influenced by French, Spanish and English, mostly in terms of pronunciation. also some words do differ considerably from Arabic. Such as for yes you will most often hear "Wah Kah", The standard greeting is La Bas, sadly you will hear it more often than "As Salamu Alaikum". Door is used for village or town.

missy
06-04-2011, 11:17 PM
It is used mostly in Morocco and Algeria. It originally was a mixture of Arabic and Berber. Berber is believed to be the original Phoenician language, very similar to Arabic. However the Darija has been influenced by French, Spanish and English, mostly in terms of pronunciation. also some words do differ considerably from Arabic. Such as for yes you will most often hear "Wah Kah", The standard greeting is La Bas, sadly you will hear it more often than "As Salamu Alaikum". Door is used for village or town.
I was confused initially....because in Arabic if you spell khatooba like this خطوبة...then it means something different....probably it is with a Kaf as in Kitaab and maktaba....and not like in Khutba which is similar to this خطوبة.

Haya emaan
06-07-2011, 02:29 PM
MashaAllah! nice site.. i liked those pictures of the house.. SubhanAllah!
may Allah help you and make your work easy for you..ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!