/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Sadaqah talked about in the Quran ?

truthseeker63
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Is Sadaqah talked about in the Quran ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
06-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Hello,

From the search engine of Quran.com:
http://quran.com/search?q=sadaqah

There is also more.

selsebil
06-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Dear Truthseeker,

Yes.Sadaqah is described in many verses of Quran.Here is just an example:

"And spend [in God’s way] out of what We have bestowed on them as sustenance." Qur’an, 2:3.

The parts of this sentence point out five of the conditions which make almsgiving (sadaqah) acceptable.

First Condition: This is to give only so much alms as will not cause the giver to be in need of receiving alms himself. It states this condition through the division or parts signified by out of in the words out of what.

Second Condition: It is not to take from ‘Ali and give to Wali, but to give out of a one’s own property. The words We have bestowed on them as sustenance express this condition. It means: “Give out of the sustenance that is yours.”

Third Condition: This is not to place an obligation on the recipient. The word We in We have bestowed on them as sustenance states this condition. That is to say: “I give you the sustenance. When you give some of My property to one of My servants, you cannot place them under an obligation.”

Fourth Condition: You should give it to a person who will spend it on his livelihood, for alms given to those who will squander it idly is not acceptable. The word spend points to this condition.

Fifth Condition: This is to give in the name of Allah. The words We bestow on them as sustenance states this. That is to say: “The property is Mine; you should give it in My name.”

These conditions may be extended. That is, the form almsgiving should take, with what goods. It may be given as learning and knowledge. It may be given as words, or as acts, or as advice. The word what in out of what indicates these various sorts through its generality. Furthermore, it indicates this with the sentence itself, because it is absolute and expresses generality. Thus, with the five conditions in this short sentence describing almsgiving, it opens up a broad field before the mind, granting it to it through the sentence as a whole. Thus, in the sentence as a whole, the word-order has many aspects.

truthseeker63
06-05-2011, 02:44 AM
Thank You for all your posts.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!