/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How you have prapared to Ramadan?

sister herb
06-03-2011, 05:38 PM
My dearest sisters and brothers, specially new ones:

I wish to you best Ramadan at all!

To new ones great first one!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
06-03-2011, 05:40 PM
Ok ok just at August but better prepare to it...

yas2010
06-03-2011, 05:50 PM
I am praying hard that i am able to perform Umrah in the for the first 10 days of Ramadan with my family. InshAllah. InshaAllah.

Please make dua this dream of mine is fulfilled. I find out in the next 10 -14 days. I am so desperate to go in Ramadan.

JazakALLAH Khair

Ghazalah
06-03-2011, 06:06 PM
It's only a couple of months away, they will go in a flash and before you know it Ramadhan is over too, so make the most of it everyone. :D

A dua the Prophet would read: 'Allahuma barik lana fiy rajab wa shaaban wa balighna ramadhan. Ameen.'

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
06-03-2011, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010
I am praying hard that i am able to perform Umrah in the for the first 10 days of Ramadan with my family. InshAllah. InshaAllah.

Please make dua this dream of mine is fulfilled. I find out in the next 10 -14 days. I am so desperate to go in Ramadan.

JazakALLAH Khair
Salam alaykum

How nice. May Allah accept your prayers in your Umrah.

Who Am I?
06-03-2011, 06:16 PM
I have to admit that this is one of my big concerns. I was thinking about this last night as I lay in bed trying to get back to sleep after having a bad dream about taking the Shahada (more on that later).

My family is all Christian, so if I take the Shahada before Ramadan, I go it alone. I'm not sure I can handle that by myself. It's not necessarily the fasting itself. I like to eat, but I know I should probably not eat as much as I do and can stand to lose a few pounds. No, my worry is that I won't be able to stick with it once I start. I don't have any Muslim friends, so everything I do right now, I do on my own.

Which brings me back to the first part. I dreamt that I was trying to take Shahada and kept getting the words wrong and everyone there laughed at me. It disturbed me so much that I couldn't get back to sleep for a while. I took it as a sign from Allah that I am not ready yet.

It all sounds stupid, and maybe it is. But, there it is. It's out there now.

sister herb
06-03-2011, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I have to admit that this is one of my big concerns. I was thinking about this last night as I lay in bed trying to get back to sleep after having a bad dream about taking the Shahada (more on that later).

My family is all Christian, so if I take the Shahada before Ramadan, I go it alone. I'm not sure I can handle that by myself. It's not necessarily the fasting itself. I like to eat, but I know I should probably not eat as much as I do and can stand to lose a few pounds. No, my worry is that I won't be able to stick with it once I start. I don't have any Muslim friends, so everything I do right now, I do on my own.

Which brings me back to the first part. I dreamt that I was trying to take Shahada and kept getting the words wrong and everyone there laughed at me. It disturbed me so much that I couldn't get back to sleep for a while. I took it as a sign from Allah that I am not ready yet.

It all sounds stupid, and maybe it is. But, there it is. It's out there now.
Dear new brother;

never forget that Allah is Mercifull. He (and all Ummah) knows you are very new in Islam even after shahada. As well many sisters need time before start using hijab, also to brothers have give time that they know how to practice Islam.

If you say shahada before Ramadan, be mercy to youself. You don´t need to make everything perfect after that. Make little steps as well is best to you. No need to be perfect at your first Ramadan. Try it some days if you can. Don´t make it any problem to you. No stress. Allah will understand your difficulties and understand your tryings.

And no, nobody laught to you if you say shahada wrongly. Brothers just correct you.

Who Am I?
06-03-2011, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister harb
Dear new brother;

never forget that Allah is Mercifull. He (and all Ummah) knows you are very new in Islam even after shahada. As well many sisters need time before start using hijab, also to brothers have give time that they know how to practice Islam.

If you say shahada before Ramadan, be mercy to youself. You don´t need to make everything perfect after that. Make little steps as well is best to you. No need to be perfect at your first Ramadan. Try it some days if you can. Don´t make it any problem to you. No stress. Allah will understand your difficulties and understand your tryings.

And no, nobody laught to you if you say shahada wrongly. Brothers just correct you.
I know I must be on the right path, because I've never really struggled with religion at any other time in my life. Yet now, I am. If it was easy, I guess I should be wary, eh? But this... is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. So I must be on the right path...

I want to meet some local brothers and surround myself with good people, because I'm not going to be able to do any of this on my own. I will continue to go to the masjid and pray to Allah that He will guide me. It's all I can do right now...

OK, I now return you to your Ramadan thread. Sorry for derailing it with my own whinings...

sister herb
06-03-2011, 08:18 PM
In other forum forum I talk about just same issue with other new brother. But he is 14 and has just similar questions and problems than you.

And I give him similar advices ;)

Who Am I?
06-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I'm a lot older than 14, but I sometimes forget that I am not the only one who is struggling with this.

I'll figure things out. Allah will show me the way in His time.

missy
06-03-2011, 10:48 PM
:sl:

Can't wait for RAMADAN!! :wub:
seriously...i just can't wait....i'm so totally excited for it!! <3

Jazakillahu Khairan sister harb....

^^ YES!!! :shade:

format_quote Originally Posted by yas2010

JazakALLAH Khair
May Allah SWT make it possible for you to go for Umrah this Ramadan. Ameen
I too wanna do Umrah this Ramadan with my family, InshaAllah....Please pray for us as well!!

@Just a Guy: May Allah SWT Ease all your difficulties...Ameen
It'll be just alright....if your faith in Allah SWT is sincere and you have complete Trust in Him, then you'll see the path easily unfolding in front of you....
One thing you should remember....Unconditional Love for Allah SWT is the key coupled with utter Fear and Never-ending Hope...

wassalaam.

sister herb
06-04-2011, 04:09 AM
You see just a guy

Ramadan is very special month to muslims. Even it is hard we love it the most.

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 04:35 AM
Yes, I can see that. I am sort of looking forward to it myself, in a way. I may not be a true Muslim by then but I will be paying more attention to it than I ever have.

sister herb
06-04-2011, 04:56 AM
I'm a lot older than 14, but I sometimes forget that I am not the only one who is struggling with this.

I'll figure things out. Allah will show me the way in His time.
Yes I know but as muslims (possible new ones) your age are same. As muslim I am 16 years old even I am 44.

So I am teenage muslim?

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 05:02 AM
Yes I know but as muslims (possible new ones) your age are same. As muslim I am 16 years old even I am 44.

So I am teenage muslim?

Ah, I see what you're saying. Well in that case, I haven't quite been born yet.

sister herb
06-04-2011, 05:23 AM
Ah, I see what you're saying. Well in that case, I haven't quite been born yet.
Actually you are just baby. Don´t stress with your knowledge as I am middle-aged but teenage.

Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Actually you are just baby. Don´t stress with your knowledge as I am middle-aged but teenage.
Yeah, I'll try not to worry too much about it, inshallah.

Haya emaan
06-05-2011, 06:14 PM
still managing where to spend how many days of Ramadan:hmm:

abdussattar
06-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Please pray for me that Ill be able to be in Itekaaf for the last 10 day.. I had the intention to do it last year.. but was unable to =/.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!