PDA

View Full Version : How to Convince Non-Muslims to Study Islam:



Riana17
06-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Salam Alaikkum Dear Brothers & Sisters,

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem

I know that Muslims are required to be tolerant of other revealed religions since the Qur'an clearly says: "Let there be no compulsion in religion". And it is more clear to me that, no matter what I do I can’t make anyone follow my religion. It’s all in the Will of Allah.

I cannot be thankful enough for Guiding me to the Right Path, and as a result I feel very responsible to share others about what Islam is all about.
As a new Muslim revert, I am very eager to share the Truth about my new found religion in a very respective manner.

On the other hand, I know Religion is the Most sensitive topic & I do not like to offend anyone, so I wish to circulate an email anonymously to people known to me titled “Why Should all Human Being Study Islam” (perhaps you have a better & much convincing title)

I am not a good writer, so I am here to seek your help brothers and sisters esp those who were ex-Christians (Christians are my current target).


I would like to cover the Top Reasons like:
Why Jesus is not God, the importance of prayer, intention, science in Islam, Who is Allah, Prophet Mohamed in the Bible & Torah and in the end challenge the readers to find any contractions in Islam...
Part II
And correct the misconceptions about: Jihad, Hijab, terrorism etc


I would like them to consider learning what Islam is all about, before death comes to them inshallah (I am praying alot that all the human beings will have chance to discover Islam, I wish deep in my heart imsad )


I would like to limit the article to 1 page A4 size if possible.

Aside from people known to me, I will also send to around 4000 of Business people in our records (I have their emails).

I feel if each Muslim educate atleast one Non Muslim about Islam, the Misconception and common stereotypes applied to Muslims will definitely improve (inshallah). We are currently billions by the way.

My intention here is to take advantage of:
My brothers and sisters gift of writing (pls contribute and I will combine them)
and the availability of internet worldwide (I did it before but seems my email writing was not good :cry:)

I do not like to sound that we are the Truth but to inform them that Yes "Islam is worth knowing"

Alhamdollelah Rabil Alameen, All praise is due to Allah.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
06-04-2011, 01:05 PM
Well speaking for myself only of course, nobody has compelled me to study Islam. I did it of my own free will.

I'll have to think about this one and see what I can come up with.
Reply

Trumble
06-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Riana17

Aside from people known to me, I will also send to around 4000 of Business people in our records (I have their emails).
I don't know where you live or what the local laws are, Riana, but wherever you are check, and if you are in the UK don't do it. Using email addresses obtained for business use in that way is a breach of the Data Protection Act (and that number quite a significant one) and it could get you and/or your employer in a lot of trouble. It would get me fired and possibly worse.

I can't understand why you want to send an anonymous email, anyway. Even if it gets through folks' spam filters they'll probably delete without reading. If you aren't willing to put your name to it, should you be doing it at all?
Reply

May Ayob
06-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Trumble
I don't know where you live or what the local laws are, Riana, but wherever you are check, and if you are in the UK don't do it. Using email addresses obtained for business use in that way is a breach of the Data Protection Act (and that number quite a significant one) and it could get you in a lot of trouble if anybody found out. It would get me fired and possibly worse. I can't understand why you want to send an anonymous email, anyway. Even if it gets through folks' spam filters they'll probably delete without reading. If youy aren't willing to put your name to it, shoulkd you be doing it at all?

I personally agree with Trumble- there are better ways for Dawah sis. May Allah help you.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Mr.President
06-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I also think sending email about islam to all the business contacts is not a gud idea !
Reply

Riana17
06-04-2011, 07:18 PM
SALAM

Thanks for all your concern, do not worry at all. I am much responsible than anyone could think.
I am from Business Development dept and got to work with thousand of people and there are around 40,000 employees of the sector, mostly non Muslim.
In addition, alhamdollelah I have small business, our products were sold to around 3000 customers so perhaps you can imagine where I am coming from, perhaps u will understand why i wanted to make it anonymously, i dont like anyone to think i am clever , or i wanna change something in them.

I know most of them and I wont do anything that will harm myself or others.
I do not think that when I present an email that sounds like an additional information & as I said IN A "very respective manner", not attacking their belief or cursing them or forcing them to do something will cause them any harm. All I want is for them to inshallah--- consider Studying Islam because when I have zero knowledge about it, I didnt knew such TOTAL GUIDANCE is there. Alhamdollelah

As I said, I would like the door to open to them, that's all and my first expectation is for them to delete my email, But inshallah there is one out of 1000 recipient that will understand that we Muslims are not what they think we are and they should treat us like everybody else


Allah is the Most Generous, I am new convert and Allah did not stop increasing my knowledge about Islam, and I must return it in my little way. I didnt like to take their time, I wanted to limit to A4 size,

I honor every comment and let's leave it from there, I wont follow something just bcoz many people vote for it. I follow my conscience, ,,
But If I could receive such email during my Christian/atheist time where religion is never a topic,,, I would have appreciated Islam earlier

I know I must share Islam, and I will pray alot to come up with a better presentation,

salam
Reply

Riana17
06-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by Just a Guy
Well speaking for myself only of course, nobody has compelled me to study Islam. I did it of my own free will.

I'll have to think about this one and see what I can come up with.
Thanks brother, I hope you can be at help
You can understand my side as like me you were one of us who thinks Muslims are terrorist etc

I think that way from age of 14,,, I already put in my mind that Muslims are evil LOOOL
This is what I get from watching the news on routine
and that's what happen when I judge without confirming, but then how could I imagine that media can be totally baseless on their reports?
Reply

missy
06-04-2011, 10:38 PM
:sl:
Originally Posted by Riana17
I cannot be thankful enough for Guiding me to the Right Path, and as a result I feel very responsible to share others about what Islam is all about.
In fact it is every Muslim's responsibility to spread whatever knowledge they have...The Prophet Muhammad SAW said "Convey to others, even though it be a single verse"-[Bukhari].

Originally Posted by Riana17
My brothers and sisters gift of writing (pls contribute and I will combine them)
I would love to contribute InshaAllah!! Please let me know what exactly you would like from me.
The list of topics that you intend to cover are really interesting MashaAllah...and good to start with!

Its a great initiative!! May Allah SWT Help you and May He make it beneficial to everybody. Ameen

wassalaam :)
Reply

Riana17
06-05-2011, 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by peacelover
:sl:

In fact it is every Muslim's responsibility to spread whatever knowledge they have...The Prophet Muhammad SAW said "Convey to others, even though it be a single verse"-[Bukhari].



I would love to contribute InshaAllah!! Please let me know what exactly you would like from me.
The list of topics that you intend to cover are really interesting MashaAllah...and good to start with!

Its a great initiative!! May Allah SWT Help you and May He make it beneficial to everybody. Ameen

wassalaam :)
Alhamdollelah Rabil Alameen you understands
In fact I am considering sending to people not known to me at all, I have an FB account for my 1st business years ago which didnt work out , its lying there for nothing.
i would like to post the Teachings of Islam and the Manners in Islam& i dont need to be in constant communication with. Letting people know that Islam is a religion of Allah (One true God) is more than enough.

Anyway sister, I would like to have anything that has a convincing power, perhaps an opening sentence or a good title. Anything that would contribute,,, and inshallah it will reach to many & you will be rewarded for it

Salam
Reply

missy
06-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Riana17
In fact I am considering sending to people not known to me at all, I have an FB account for my 1st business years ago which didnt work out , its lying there for nothing.
i would like to post the Teachings of Islam and the Manners in Islam& i dont need to be in constant communication with. Letting people know that Islam is a religion of Allah (One true God) is more than enough.
Cool! That's great!

Originally Posted by Riana17
Anyway sister, I would like to have anything that has a convincing power, perhaps an opening sentence or a good title. Anything that would contribute,,, and inshallah it will reach to many & you will be rewarded for it
InshaAllah i'll try to put in my best...
Personally speaking, i would like to do something related to "Intentions" and "Prophet Muhammad SAW in the Bible and Torah"


All the Best!
Massalaam :)
Reply

Darth Ultor
06-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I wasn't compelled, I saw a mosque and looked at its website. Then ordered a free Quran. After reading 14 surahs, I came to the conclusion that Islam wasn't right for me. But for those who do convert, good for them.
Reply

Riana17
06-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by Boaz
I wasn't compelled, I saw a mosque and looked at its website. Then ordered a free Quran. After reading 14 surahs, I came to the conclusion that Islam wasn't right for me. But for those who do convert, good for them.
Salam
May Allah guide you to the right path, may you strive to live in just

We have many stories in Islam about people claiming they are real Muslims, praying 5times daily, fasting & all but still end up in hell for reasons like bad intention or being risk to neighbors etc
Doest mean one is Muslim, he'll automatically go to heaven

Btw,all I want in this thread is to convince others find out what is Islam

Look at you brother, you seems to like it here, alhamdollelah
I dont think you are like others who thinks Muslims are terrorist etc, and that's all I want, spread the very basic of Islam
Reply

Riana17
06-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by peacelover
Cool! That's great!



InshaAllah i'll try to put in my best...
Personally speaking, i would like to do something related to "Intentions" and "Prophet Muhammad SAW in the Bible and Torah"


All the Best!
Massalaam :)
Salam Sis, Ill be waiting inshallah
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Right, like I said, I was never compelled to study Islam. I was curious and so I visited a masjid and picked up a copy of the Qu'ran. I started reading through it and a lot of it made sense to me, so I decided to study further. That's where I am now.
Reply

Darth Ultor
06-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam
Look at you brother, you seems to like it here, alhamdollelah
I dont think you are like others who thinks Muslims are terrorist etc, and that's all I want, spread the very basic of Islam
Hey, terrorism and extremism exists in all religions and politics. Look at Timothy McVeigh and Meir Kahane. Neither of them were Muslim.
Reply

Flame of Hope
06-05-2011, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Boaz
Hey, terrorism and extremism exists in all religions and politics. Look at Timothy McVeigh and Meir Kahane. Neither of them were Muslim.
Very good observation Boaz. :)
Reply

Who Am I?
06-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Eric Robert Rudolph, the "Christian" who bombed an abortion clinic in my hometown.

You have nuts in every religion. It's not limited to just one or two.
Reply

Riana17
06-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Boaz
Hey, terrorism and extremism exists in all religions and politics. Look at Timothy McVeigh and Meir Kahane. Neither of them were Muslim.
Salam

Like I said you are not one of them who label Muslims (in general), not everyone has better judgment, millions are allergic to Islam/Muslims, not everyone had the chance to read Quran

Of course we all know that and whos worst than the jews who killed the prophets ??
That is my point, in these days when a christians do horrible things, the religion is not as damage unlike when a muslim committed a crime

in my personal view, if he does not practice the teaching of its religion (i.e. no killing, bombing), one cant call him a Christian or Muslim etc

Yes people forget the horrible things, but Islam being terrorist is not easy to improve now when media continuously talks againts our religion
have you really heard a Christian terrorist, buddhist terrorist, hindu terrorist, jew terrorist (is it correct grammar?), perhaps christiamophobia, jewmophobia, hinudmopobhia,,, nah, but everyone knows what is ISLAMOPHOBIA, its everywhere in the dictionary, its official
Reply

Riana17
06-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by peacelover
:sl:

In fact it is every Muslim's responsibility to spread whatever knowledge they have...The Prophet Muhammad SAW said "Convey to others, even though it be a single verse"-[Bukhari].



I would love to contribute InshaAllah!! Please let me know what exactly you would like from me.
The list of topics that you intend to cover are really interesting MashaAllah...and good to start with!

Its a great initiative!! May Allah SWT Help you and May He make it beneficial to everybody. Ameen

wassalaam :)
Salam Sister

I wont thank you for all your help, instead I'll pray that Allah (SWT) reward you for helping me in this.
You are my second to discovery after Ms Flame who have great knowledge in writing, Masha Allah
Reply

missy
06-11-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally Posted by Riana17
Salam Sister
I wont thank you for all your help, instead I'll pray that Allah (SWT) reward you for helping me in this.
You are my second to discovery after Ms Flame who have great knowledge in writing, Masha Allah
:wasalambo
Yeah please do pray for me!!I'm in need of loads of Duas, in fact everybody is....Duas are the best of gifts that anybody can get!!
May Allah SWT reward and bless all of us! Ameen.
All Praise be to Allah SWT for everything!!

wassalaam.
Reply

Muhaba
06-11-2011, 07:48 AM
you will need to respond to different ppl differently. With some ppl you don't have to do anything. just by knowing you they might get interested in Islam and may start learning more about it by themselves. that would depend on whether you portray a correct picture of islam or not. if you're an ideal muslim, then such ppl might get impressed by your character and will want to know what makes you that way. on the other hand, if you're somthing like a lying skunk then they'll want to run as far away as possible from you and anything related to you, including the religion. so it's very improtant to portray the religion correctly.
with other ppl, you may have to be patient and will have to wait for the right time to talk about a religious topic. of course you'll have to lookk for chances to talk about it. i remember that once when there was a movie on Jesus (I don't remember what its name is) eveyrone was talking about it on a non-muslim forum and i used that as a way to talk about islam and the islamic belief about Jesus.

with other ppl you may get the chance more easily to talk about religion because they are the sort of ppl who are open to talking about relgion and won't get aggressive at the topic.

i hope that helps.
Reply

Riana17
06-11-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by WRITER
you will need to respond to different ppl differently. With some ppl you don't have to do anything. just by knowing you they might get interested in Islam and may start learning more about it by themselves. that would depend on whether you portray a correct picture of islam or not. if you're an ideal muslim, then such ppl might get impressed by your character and will want to know what makes you that way. on the other hand, if you're somthing like a lying skunk then they'll want to run as far away as possible from you and anything related to you, including the religion. so it's very improtant to portray the religion correctly.
with other ppl, you may have to be patient and will have to wait for the right time to talk about a religious topic. of course you'll have to lookk for chances to talk about it. i remember that once when there was a movie on Jesus (I don't remember what its name is) eveyrone was talking about it on a non-muslim forum and i used that as a way to talk about islam and the islamic belief about Jesus.

with other ppl you may get the chance more easily to talk about religion because they are the sort of ppl who are open to talking about relgion and won't get aggressive at the topic.

i hope that helps.
salam May Allah reward you for this input, of course sis i will not put myself in misleading position. I didnt enter islam blindly (i go to school & still continuing my studies) and so i didnt want people to know wrongly about Islam, if my intention is to give them wrong information, I wont waste my time. If my intention is to mislead them, i am not in need of service, media is more than enough for many.
If my intention is give bad image about islam, i dont think i am here and wasting my time :) Allah knows best

My idea about this post is to give them the basic knowledge about Islam and that's it. I will not receive incoming emails for I cannot entertain them (that will be mentioned also, but I will offer reliable & good sites like IB for more clarifications).
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!