/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question about completing prayers

La illah allah
06-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Salam alaikum brothers and sisters:

I am a 17 year old brother in Islam that knows how to pray and what to do make it be accepted, alhamduillah. However, I do not know what to say after I am done praying imsad like for example, whenever I finish praying I will hear someone reciting something aloud and then after 1-2 minutes the "subhanallah, alhamduillah, allahuakbar, and voluntarily la illah illa allah (for more rewards). Please help me on this, jazaakallahkhairan.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
La illah allah
06-05-2011, 12:55 AM
Will anyone please help me? I know I posted this question in the wrong section, it should be in the "Worship" section.

Innocent Soul
06-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Sorry Bro, sometimes we need to bump our threads because it's not seen my many members. After salam I usually read three times ayat al kursi, 33 times Subhan Allah, 34 times Allahhuakbar, 33 times Alhamdulillah, sometimes astaghfirullah then ask Allah for whatever you want. I hope other members will tell you other duas.

Hamza Asadullah
06-05-2011, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by La illah allah
Salam alaikum brothers and sisters:

I am a 17 year old brother in Islam that knows how to pray and what to do make it be accepted, alhamduillah. However, I do not know what to say after I am done praying imsad like for example, whenever I finish praying I will hear someone reciting something aloud and then after 1-2 minutes the "subhanallah, alhamduillah, allahuakbar, and voluntarily la illah illa allah (for more rewards). Please help me on this, jazaakallahkhairan.
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayr for your question. The following are the sunnah's of what to recite after each prayer:

Sunnah’s after the completion of Salaah

1. After the completion of Fard Salaah to read “Allaahu Akbar” once followed by “Asthaghfirullah” three times with the last Asthaghfirullah read a bit audibly and also dragged (pulled) slightly. (Tirmidhi)

2. After the Fard of Fajr and Asr to engage in the remembrance of Allah for a short period. (Attargheeb)

3. The Malaaikah (Angels) continuously make dua’s of forgiveness and mercy for those who after their daily Salaah remain seated at the place of Salaah. (Attargheeb)

4. It has been reported from A’isha that Rasulallah used to sit as long at it takes to say:
ALLAHUM-MA ANTAS-SALAM WA-MINKAS-SALAM

O Allah, You are the Author of peace and from You comes peace.
TABARAKTA YA-DHALJALALI WAL-IKRAM

Blessed are you, O Lord of Majesty and Honour.

Then he used to stand up to perform his Sunnah.' (Muslim, Abu Dawud, and Tirmidhi)

5. Also recite the following:

لَا إِلهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ، اللَّهُمَّ لَا مَانِعَ لِمَا أَعْطَيْتَ، وَلَا مُعْطِيَ لِمَا مَنَعْتَ، وَلَا يَنْفَعُ ذَا الْجَدِّ مِنْكَ الْجَدُّ".

Laa 'ilaaha 'illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu wa Huwa 'alaa kulli shay'in Qadeer, Allaahumma laa maard'a limaa 'a'tayta, wa laa mu'tiya limaa mana'ta, wa laa yanfa'u thal-jaddi minkal-jadd.

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, He has no partner, His is the dominion and His is the praise, and He is Able to do all things. O Allah, there is none who can withhold what You give, and none may give what You have withheld; and the might of the mighty person cannot benefit him against You. (Al-Bukhari 1/255, Muslim 1/414)

6. It is also recommended to recite 33 times Subhaanallah, 33 times Alhamdulillah, 33 times Allaahu Akbar and the following once:

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ يُحْيِي وَيُمِيتُ وَهُوَ حَيٌّ لَا يَمُوتُ بِيَدِهِ الْخَيْرُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٍ

Laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahu Laa shareeka lahu, lahul mulku wa lahul hamdu yuhyee wa yumeetu wa huwa hayyul Laa yamootu, biyadihil khayr wa huwa alaa kulli shay'in qadeer

“There is no deity except Allah, the Only One. He has no partner. To Him belongs all kingdoms and to Him belongs all praise. He is the One who gives life and death. And He is Ever-living and no death comes to Him. In His Hand lies all good and He has power over everything.”

It is mentioned in a hadith that whoever recites the above after every salaah his sins will be forgiven if they are as much as the foam of the ocean. (Muslim)

7. Whoever recites the following after every prayer will be forgiven for his sins (Minor sins) even though they be as the foam of the sea:

سُبْحَانَ اللهِ، وَالْحَمْدُ للهِ، وَاللهُ أَكْبَرُ

Subhaanallaahi, walhamdu lillaahi wallaahu ‘Akbar, - 33 timesfollowed by:

لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ، لَهُ الْمُلْكُ وَلَهُ الْحَمْدُ وَهُوَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ"

Laa ‘ilaaha ‘illallaahu wahdahu laa shareeka lahu, lahul-mulku Wa lahul-hamduwaHuwa’alaakullishay’inQadeer.

“Glory is to Allah , and praise is to Allah , and Allah is the Most Great (each said thirty-three times). None has the right to be worshipped but Allah alone, He has no partner, His is the dominion and His is the praise and He is Able to do all things.” (Muslim 1/418)

8. It is also recommended to recite Sura al-Ikhlaas (112), Sura al-Falaq (113) and al-Naas (114) (Reported by al-Tirmidhi) and Ayat al-Kursi. (Reported by Al-Nasai)

9. Rasulallah said:"Whoever recites Aayat ul Kursi after every Fard (Fard Salaat). Only death is keeping him/her from entering Jannah. (As soon as he/she dies, will enter Jannah) (Nisa'i, Ibn Hibbaan, Ibnelsani A'n Abi Amatah Albahili )
Another Hadith states that Reciting Ayat ul Kursi after one Fard (Fard Salaat) will cause a person to stay in Allah's protection until the next Salaat. (Tibrani Fil Kabeer)

"اللهُ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لَا تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلَا نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلَّا بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلَا يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلَّا بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ وَلَا يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ".

Allaahu laa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huwal-Hayyul-Qayyoom, laa ta'khuthuhu sinatun wa laa nawm, lahu maa fis-samaawaati wa maafil-'ardh, man thal-lathee yashfa'u 'indahu 'illaa bi'ithnih, ya'lamu maa bayna 'aydeehim wa maa khalfahum, wa laa yuheetoona bishay'im-min 'ilmihi 'illaa bimaa shaa'a, wasi'a kursiyyuhus-samaawaati wal'ardh, wa laa ya'ooduhu hifdhuhumaa, wa Huwal-'Aliyyul- 'Adheem.

Allah! There is none worthy of worship but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter. And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Throne extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. (Recite in Arabic after each prayer.) (An-Nisaa’i, 'Amalul-Yawm wal-Laylah (Hadith no. 100))

10. Recite the following after Fajr prayer:

"اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَسْأَلُكَ عِلْماً نَافِعاً، وَرِزْقاً طَيِّباً، وَعَمَلاً مُتَقَبَّلاً".

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted. (Ibn Majah and others)

11. To recite after Fajr and Maghrib prayers: Muslim Taimi narrates from Prophet Mohammad to recite the following seven times before speaking to anyone:

اللَّهُمَّ أَجِرْنِي مِنَ النَّارِ

Allaahumma Ajirnee minannaar

"O Allah, save me from the fire (Jahannam)."

If a person recites the above dua and dies the same night, he will be saved from Jahannam and if he recites it seven times after Fajr Salaat before speaking to anyone and if he dies on that same day, he will be saved from Jahannam. (Mishkaat from Abu Dawood)

12. ‘Abd-Allah Ibn ‘Amr who said: “The Messenger of Allah said: ‘There are two qualities, no Muslim man acquires them but he will enter Paradise, and they are simple and easy. He should glorify Allah (say Subhaanallah) ten times immediately after each prayer, and praise Him (say Alhamdulillah) ten times and magnify Him (say Allaahu Akbar) ten times.’ I saw Rasulallah counting this on his fingers. He said: ‘that makes one hundred and fifty on the tongue and one thousand five hundred (hasanaat) in the scales…(Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 3332)

Note: Each of three phrases repeated ten times makes thirty; multiplied by the number of daily prayers, which is five, makes one hundred and fifty. Each of these good deeds of the tongue will be rewarded with ten hasanaat which will be added to the total of good deeds to be weighed in the balance or scales on the Day of Judgment.

There are also many other Dhikr’s and invocations that may be recited. It is best to do that which one can do consistently, because, as the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) told us, “The most beloved of actions to Allah are those its performer is constant on, even if little.” [Bukhari and Muslim] This is because such actions transform a person’s life if done persistantly.

The time after the five daily salaah is also a time when dua’s are accepted. Hence this opportunity to seek from Allah should be realized.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
La illah allah
06-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Jazaakallahkhair for the excellent answers. I will insha allah memorize what has been posted and recite them after prayer. :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!