2. Men of the West speech from Return of the King
3. Dumbledore's speech at the end of Goblet of Fire
4. What shall we die for speech from POTC
5. This is our Land speech from Avatar
6. Day of Black Sun speech from ATLA
7. Patton's speech to 3rd Army from Patton
8. Squall's speech in FFVIII
9. Cid's speech about the Planet in FFVII
10. They can Take Away our Lives but they'll Never Take Away our Freedom speech from Braveheart.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Who Am I?
06-06-2011, 05:31 PM
I like Theoden's speech in ROTK before they charge into the orcs at Pelennor, though I believe part of it was stolen from Eomer who said it in the book.

It always makes me want to grab a spear, jump on a horse, and go find some orcs to kill. Alas, the guy who had the horses who lived behind me moved and took his horses with him...

al yunan
06-06-2011, 06:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
7. Patton's speech to 3rd Army from Patton

But it is not fiction.
"Hero is he who lets his enemy die for his country"
Fiction
Braveheart

Perseveranze
06-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Quran is the most motivational speech for me.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Futuwwa
09-01-2011, 01:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by King of Nines
I like Theoden's speech in ROTK before they charge into the orcs at Pelennor, though I believe part of it was stolen from Eomer who said it in the book.

It always makes me want to grab a spear, jump on a horse, and go find some orcs to kill. Alas, the guy who had the horses who lived behind me moved and took his horses with him...
I would probably feel the same about the speech, if not for the fact that because Theoden insisted on holding it, the cavalry of Rohan wasted a perfect opportunity to flank attack the Orcish army ;D

Abz2000
09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
avatar's "this is our land" speech really hit me, i rewinded it and played it 2 or 3 times.

and the whole movie: patriot - (mel gibson) was an inspiration.

and these real two speeches are among the very best:

Futuwwa
09-01-2011, 01:43 AM
The speech of the commanders of the Yorkist army at Bosworth Field, in The Black Adder, series 1, episode 1

King Richard III: Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more! Consign their parts most private to a Rutland tree!
(Future king) Richard IV: Let Blood! Blood! Blooooood! be our motto today! Slit their gizzards!
Prince Harry: I'm afraid there will have to be a certain amount of, uh, violence. But we all know it's in a good cause!
King Richard III: And gentlemen in London still a-bed shall think themselves unworthy and hold their manhood cheap, whilst others speaks of those who fought with us, on Saint Ralph the Liar's day!

Eric H
09-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Boaz,

You might look up this video on youtube, ‘Nick Vujicic, love living life’ its about a man with no arms or legs, ok its not fiction, but he inspires me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQPmY...eature=related

In the spirit of never giving up

Eric

Abz2000
09-01-2011, 02:29 AM
thank you for that great video br. Eric,
and br. Boaz is also an inspiration,
despite all the things that happen in palestine, it's people like him that remind me that we all have humanity, and to never take a nation's people as my enemy due to the actions of a few who are in power,

peace

Who Am I?
09-01-2011, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
I would probably feel the same about the speech, if not for the fact that because Theoden insisted on holding it, the cavalry of Rohan wasted a perfect opportunity to flank attack the Orcish army ;D
:sl:

Yeah, I annoyed the people I watched it with in theater because I kept commenting on how poor Theoden's tactics were. Hold your speech, let the orcs form ranks, and then charge the Mumakil head on instead of scattering and horse archering them to death. Bad tactics, but good for Hollywood.

Futuwwa
09-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I think Tolkien would have been quite annoyed by that too. As far as I remember, the actual battle descriptions in the books were quite militarily-scientifically correct.

Who Am I?
09-02-2011, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
I think Tolkien would have been quite annoyed by that too. As far as I remember, the actual battle descriptions in the books were quite militarily-scientifically correct.
True. Tolkien describes the death of one of the Rohirrim leaders as he led a team of archers close to shoot at the eyes of the Mumakil which is the correct strategy.

I also HATE the anti-climactic ending of the Pelennor battle in the movies. They build it up and then the "instantwinlololostufun00b" death bubbles arrive and the good guys win instantly. Tolkien describes the battle as a near-run thing even after the tide turned in favor of the good guys. He clearly states that the battle was hard-fought all day even after the orcs routed.

Abz2000
09-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Tupac Shakur's "words of wisdom"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!