/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan Count Down.

Endymion
06-06-2011, 11:12 AM
The most beautiful Month,the most pleasant weather and the lovliest season is about to start (#) 57 Days left :icon_smile_big: So from today,im starting a Ramadan count down.It will help "Me" and others for sure to look at their preparation of this really precious month.The whole Ramadan is in August and August is the Month of Rain in this part of earh.So we will be able to enjoy the blessings of Allah SWT both physically and Spiritually Inshallah.
May this Ramadan will be the best of our life(and all Ramadan's coming after it) and we will have shining bright white hearts at the end of it.Ameeeen.

Symbolizing the faith of Islam, the crescent moon is seen at sunset on top of the Faisal Mosque in Islamabad, Pakistan, Tuesday, Sept. 16, 2008. (AP Photo/Wally Santana)

officer of Brunei's Islamic authority looks through a telescope as he performs "rukyah", the sighting of the new moon for Ramadan, over the skies of Bukit Agok outside Bandar Seri Begawan August 31, 2008. Muslims scan the sky at dusk at the end of their lunar calendar's eighth month in search of the new moon to proclaim the beginning of Ramadan. (REUTERS/Ahim Rani) #

A Palestinian man reads from the Koran, during the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan, in a mosque in the West Bank city of Jenin, Thursday, Sept. 11, 2008. (AP Photo/Mohammed Ballas) #

Indonesian men attend Friday prayer at Istiqlal mosque, the biggest in Southeast Asia, in Jakarta, Indonesia, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. (AP Photo/Irwin Fedriansyah) #

Jordanian Muslim girls queue in line outside a humanitarian center for waiting for meals to be donated at the time for the breaking of their fast, or Iftar, on the 13th day of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan in Amman, Jordan, Saturday, Sept. 13, 2008. (AP Photo/Nader Daoud) #

A Palestinian woman is seen on her way to pray for the holy fasting month of Ramadan at the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem's Old City, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008.(AP Photo/Bernat Armangue) #

Palestinian women lead young girls through the Kalandia checkpoint, on the outskirts of the West Bank city of Ramallah, to cross to Jerusalem to attend Friday prayers at the Al-Aqsa mosques compound on September 19, 2008. Thousands of Muslim faithful have been crossing every week from the West bank to attend Friday prayers at the Al-Aqsa, Islam's third holiest shrine, since the start of the holy month of Ramadan three weeks ago. (DAVID FURST/AFP/Getty Images) #

Israeli border police hold back Palestinians on their way to pray for the holy fasting month of Ramadan at the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem's Old City, at Kalandia checkpoint, between the West Bank town of Ramallah and Jerusalem, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. (AP Photo/Bernat Armangue) #

Palestinian women walk past men (on the other side of the fence) waiting to cross a checkpoint to get into Israel in order to pray for the holy fasting month of Ramadan at the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem's Old City, in the West Bank town of Bethlehem, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. (AP Photo/Tara Todras-Whitehill) #

This picture taken September 5, 2008 shows a stall worker preparing roasted chicken wings to be sold at a Ramadan bazaar in downtown Kuala Lumpur for the breaking of their fast. In Muslim households across Asia, the inflation crisis is casting a shadow over the holy month of Ramadan, and making the nightly ritual of breaking the fast a more meagre affair. From Afghanistan to Malaysia, the high prices of food are forcing the poor to go without, and curtailing the lavish evening buffets which the well-off have flocked to in better economic times. (KAMARUL AKHIR/AFP/Getty Images) #

Kashmiri Muslims pray inside the Jamia Masjid, or Grand Mosque, on the first Friday of Ramadan in Srinagar, India, Friday, Sept. 5, 2008. (AP Photo/Dar Yasin) #

A Pakistani man prepares sweet drinks for people to break their fast at a mosque during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan in Lahore on September 3, 2008. (Arif Ali/AFP/Getty Images) #

A Palestinian boy holds a homemade sparkler firework after breaking his fast at the end of the second day of Ramadan in the West Bank city of Ramallah,Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2008. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

A seller of traditional Syrian sweets calls out for customers in the Meidan quarter of Damascus September 2, 2008. Sales of the sweets go up during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. (REUTERS/Khaled al-Hariri) #

A Muslim woman reads a copy of the Koran at the Istiqlal mosque during the second day of ramadan in Jakarta, Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim-majority country, on September 2, 2008. (ADEK BERRY/AFP/Getty Images) #

In a pre-Ramadan tradition, Bosnian Muslim girls wash their face with water from cave as local tradition claims that the water and prayers inside the cave will bring personal beauty and success for the year, near the Bosnian town of Kladanj, 50 kms north of Sarajevo, Bosnia, on Sunday, Aug. 31, 2008. More than 30.000 people gathered to pray inside and outside the cave this year. (AP Photo/Amel Emric) #

A Bangladeshi vendor sells traditional sweet meats for breaking the Ramadan fast, at the Chalk bazaar in Dhaka, Bangladesh, Friday, Sept. 12, 2008. (AP Photo/Pavel Rahman) #

An Egyptian family looks to buy a "Fanus Ramadan", a traditional lantern popular during Ramadan, at a shop in el-Sayeda Zaynab district of downtown Cairo, late August 28, 2008. (KHALED DESOUKI/AFP/Getty Images) #

A Palestinian Muslim girl prays in the men's mosque before the evening prayer called "tarawih", during the holy fasting month of Ramadan in the West Bank city of Ramallah, Wednesday, Sept. 17, 2008. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

A Pakistani man offers Friday prayers atop a mosque roof during the holy Muslim month of Ramadan in Peshawar, Pakistan on Friday, Sept. 5, 2008. (AP Photo/Mohammad Sajjad) #

A man has his eyes smeared with traditional Kohl eyeliner before Friday prayers during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad September 5, 2008. (REUTERS/Krishnendu Halder) #

The Al-Zaim family of Duxbury, Massachusetts sits, gathered together for their dinner after 7pm on September 14th, 2008, to break their Ramadan Fast. (Justine Hunt/Globe Staff Photo) #

Workers sew prayer caps in a factory in old Dhaka, Bangladesh on September 18, 2008. Prayer caps have huge demand during the holy month of Ramadan. (REUTERS/Andrew Biraj) #

Kashmiri Muslims offer prayers inside the Jamia Masjid, or Grand Mosque, on the first Friday of Ramadan in Srinagar, India, Friday, Sept. 5, 2008. (AP Photo/Dar Yasin) #

A child prepares food for Iftar (evening meal) before the breaking of fast on the first day of Ramadan at Memon Mosque in Karachi, Pakistan on September 2, 2008. (REUTERS/Athar Hussain) #

Lebanese "Musaharati" Mohammed Fanas wakes up observant Muslims for their overnight "suhur" meal before the day's fast in Sidon's Old City in south Lebanon just before dawn on September 3, 2008. (MAHMOUD ZAYAT/AFP/Getty Images) #

Visually impaired Palestinian students read verses of the Koran, Islam's holiest book, written in Braille, during the holy fasting month of Ramadan at Al-Qabas Islamic school in the West Bank city of Ramallah, Sunday, Sept. 7, 2008. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen) #

Workers dry vermicelli, a specialty eaten during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, in the southern Indian city of Hyderabad, India on September 5, 2008. (REUTERS/Krishnendu Halder) #

A Kashmiri man rests after performing prayers inside the shrine of Sufi saint, Mir Syed Ali Hamdani, during Ramadan in Srinagar, in Indian-administered Kashmir on September 11, 2008. (REUTERS/Fayaz Kabli) #

Thai Muslim children pray at a mosque during Ramadan in Narathiwat province in Thailand on September 9, 2008. (MADAREE TOHLALA/AFP/Getty Images) #

Afghan men offer prayers on a hill top overlooking Kabul, Afghanistan on September 8, 2008, during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan. (SHAH MARAI/AFP/Getty Images) #

A worker prepares traditional sweets at a pastry shop in Tehran, Iran on the fifth day of the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan September 6, 2008. (REUTERS/Morteza Nikoubazl) #

Muslim women attend prayers on the eve of the first day of the Islamic fasting month of Ramadan at a mosque in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia on August 31, 2008. (REUTERS/Sigit Pamungkas) #

In this picture taken on September 13, 2008 a Pakistani labourer stacks bananas being kept in increased quantities for the holy month of Ramadan in the storeroom of a fruit market in Islamabad, Pakistan. (FAROOQ NAEEM/AFP/Getty Images) #

A boy sleeps in a mosque while waiting to break his fast on the first day of Ramadan in Makassar, Indonesia on September 1, 2008. (REUTERS/Yusuf Ahmad) #

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdussattar
06-06-2011, 11:18 AM
LIS at all the food! that reminds me that I read somewhere " Ramadan is the moth of fasting not feasting "

Endymion
06-06-2011, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar
LIS at all the food! that reminds me that I read somewhere " Ramadan is the moth of fasting not feasting "

9 out of 34 pictures are of "Food".Looking at the numbers,this comment is'nt appropriate for this thread but proves that you are a guy really fond of eating :p

Riana17
06-06-2011, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdussattar

salam

Im excited for my second time of fasting, this thread is good idea
Masha Allah

as for feasting, yes right,,,, people are getting fat MORE than any other months :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
06-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Endymion;

And blessings and peace be with you all as you prepare for this special time, may your spiritual journeys bring you closer to your maker.

There were some stunning photos, and some tragic ones that remind us of the injustices that man will impose on their neighbour. But what is the significance of the two ladies in pink, the one with her hand on the others face?

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

al yunan
06-06-2011, 12:17 PM
Assalamu Alaikum sister,

Have you ever concidered a career in photo essays ?
You know the old saying "a picture paints a thousand words"
Some have the gift of the pen, you have a eye for the unspoken word.

Maalam

Who Am I?
06-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Some of that food looked good. Makes me hungry. :D

That first picture is just awesome. The setting sun over the crescent moon of the masjid. Just lovely.

I think I just found the new wallpaper for my PC...

Endymion
06-06-2011, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Riana17
salam

Im excited for my second time of fasting, this thread is good idea
Masha Allah
Mashallah,May this one and all the Ramadan's of your life will be an unforgettible pleasure for you,dear sis :statisfie Keep me in your doaa :statisfie

as for feasting, yes right,,,, people are getting fat MORE than any other months :D
That is,unfortunately true imsad

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Endymion;

And blessings and peace be with you all as you prepare for this special time, may your spiritual journeys bring you closer to your maker.
Greetings and peace to you too Eric :statisfie
And Amen to your doaa's.May the mercy and help of Allah SWT be with you always.Amen.

There were some stunning photos, and some tragic ones that remind us of the injustices that man will impose on their neighbour. But what is the significance of the two ladies in pink, the one with her hand on the others face?

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric
My fault actually :embarrass There were some lines to explain those pictures but i was too tired to copy paste them also.I will edit the thread tommorrow Inshallah so it will be easy to understand them correctly :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by al yunan
Assalamu Alaikum sister,
Walekum Asalam Respected Brother :statisfie

Have you ever concidered a career in photo essays ?

I never think about it :embarrass

You know the old saying "a picture paints a thousand words"
Indeed :statisfie

Some have the gift of the pen, you have a eye for the unspoken word.

Maalam

S.Belle
06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Nice thread mashallah
what are they doing to that bro's eye?

marwen
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Beautiful pics. it's nice to have the Ramadhan spirit early.

btw, what is this man doing ?

format_quote Originally Posted by Endymion

Just_A_Girl13
06-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Salam,

Very beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing them :)

Peace be upon you

sister herb
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
Thanks about pictures. I still remember some of them from last years.

Ghazalah
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I think they're pulling out his eyelashes! Poor man :giggling:

I simply can't wait for ramadhan! InshAllah we will all be able to experience it, also do not forget that we are all fortunate to have something to break our fasts with, some people have nothing. I encourage myself and everyone not to be stingy and give sadaqah with the intention of feeding those who need to be fed inshAllah.

Why don't we all add some pictures everyday to this thread relating to ramadhan, would be good, what you say Endy? :D

sister herb
06-06-2011, 07:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I simply can't wait for ramadhan! InshAllah we will all be able to experience it, also do not forget that we are all fortunate to have something to break our fasts with, some people have nothing. I encourage myself and everyone not to be stingy and give sadaqah with the intention of feeding those who need to be fed inshAllah.
Salam alaykum;

thanks to reminding us about this important matter. I have usually tried to send help to children in Gaza. Any other ideas?

Endymion
06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by S.Belle
Nice thread mashallah
what are they doing to that bro's eye?
format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
Beautiful pics. it's nice to have the Ramadhan spirit early.

btw, what is this man doing ?

I added the captions below the pics so you can now check out whats going on with old man;s eye :D
BTW the way you people are worried about him is sho cute :statisfie

format_quote Originally Posted by Ghazalah
I think they're pulling out his eyelashes! Poor man :giggling:
They are beautifying his eyes to welcome Ramadan :D

The true spirit of Ramadan :cresentbl

Why don't we all add some pictures everyday to this thread relating to ramadhan, would be good, what you say Endy? :D
Are you a mind reader :embarrass

And i must say "Great girls think alike" :D

I started the thread,now its your turn to make it alive :statisfie

Who Am I?
06-07-2011, 02:39 PM
That first picture again, is just beautiful and it's symbolic to me as well. The setting sun of my old life over the crescent of Islam. Or the rising sun of my new life if it's a sunrise.

wellspring
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Ameen. The posted pictures really do make a stark contrast between places like Palestine and Massachusetts. InshAllah the Palestinians will receive some relief during this Ramadan.

sister herb
06-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Here have some pictures from Ramadan 2010 (before we will get new ones at 2011):

From Al-Aqsa, Palestine:

And some from some other places too:

With the Dome of the Rock Mosque seen in the background, a Palestinian Muslim worshiper prays during the third Friday prayers of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, in the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound in Jerusalem's Old City on Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

A Bahraini man points skyward at dusk Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2010, in Hamad Town, Bahrain, towards where a slim crescent moon should be visible to indicate the start of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, a time of prayer, fasting and charitable giving. Clouds hampered skywatchers in the Persian Gulf island nation. (AP Photo/Hasan Jamali)

A Musaharati, dawn awakener, strikes his drum to wake observant Muslims for their overnight 'sahur', last meal, before the day's fast in Sidon's Old City in southern Lebanon just before dawn August 11, 2010. (REUTERS/Ali Hashisho)

Kashmiri Muslims pray on a street on the third Friday of Ramadan, in Srinagar, India, Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Altaf Qadri)

An Indian Muslim vendor prepares food at a roadside stall in preparation for Muslims breaking their fast at sundown in Mumbai, India on August 19, 2010. (SAJJAD HUSSAIN/AFP/Getty Images)

A Palestinian Muslim man decorates an alley of Jerusalem's old city with festive lights in preparation for Ramadan on Tuesday, Aug. 10 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

The crescent moon is seen near mosques in old Cairo on the fifth day of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 15, 2010. (REUTERS/Asmaa Waguih)

A young Palestinian Muslim girl walks in an alley of Jerusalem's old city holding a traditional Ramadan lantern while celebrating with other children the announcing of the holy month of Ramadan on Tuesday, Aug. 10 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

A Pakistani volunteer pours milk into glasses for devotees to break their fast during Muslims' holy fasting month of Ramadan in Lahore, Pakistan on Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/K.M.Chaudary)

Muslim girls offer prayers before having their Iftar (fast-breaking) meal during the holy month of Ramadan at a madrasa on the outskirts of Jammu on August 21, 2010. (REUTERS/Mukesh Gupta)

Egyptians buy fruits at a shop in downtown Cairo on August 20, 2010 during Islam's holy fasting month of Ramadan. Egyptians have been complaining from shortages of basic services during Ramadan, which began the first week of August amid sweltering summer temperatures. (KHALED DESOUKI/AFP/Getty Images)

A member of Fairfax County Fire and Rescue, lower left, participates in an Iftar, the evening meal when Muslim break their fast during Ramadan, August 17, 2010 at Dar Al-Hijrah Islamic Center in Falls Church, Virginia. The Islamic center invited frontline responders for Ramadan dinner to show appreciation and foster increased understanding. (Alex Wong/Getty Images)

Muslim man performs ablution before prayer during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan at the London Muslim Centre on August 18, 2010 in London, England. (Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)

A man prays during Ramadan Jummah prayer at the Islamic Center in Washington, D.C. on August 13, 2010. (JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images)

Indonesian chefs make miniature chocolate mosques for sale during the fasting month of Ramadan, at a chocolate shop in Jakarta, Indonesia, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/Tatan Syuflana)

Muslim pilgrims pray inside the Grand Mosque, with the Mecca Clock in the background, on the second day of the fasting month of Ramadan in Mecca August 12, 2010. The giant clock on a skyscraper in Islam's holiest city Mecca began ticking on Wednesday at the start of the fasting month of Ramadan, amid hopes by Saudi Arabia that it will become the Muslim world's official timekeeper. (REUTERS/Hassan Ali)

Thousands of Muslims gather in the Grand Mosque, in Islam's holiest city of Mecca and home to the Kaaba (center), as they take part in dawn (fajir) prayers on August 29, 2010, to start their day-long fast during the holy month or Ramadan. (AMER HILABI/AFP/Getty Images)

Thousands of Muslims circle the Kaaba inside the Grand Mosque in Islam's holiest city of Mecca, taking part in dawn (fajir) prayers on August 29, 2010. (AMER HILABI/AFP/Getty Images)

A Palestinian vendor displays traditional pastries in his shop in the West Bank city of Nablus on the second day of the holy month of Ramadan August 12, 2010. (REUTERS/Abed Omar Qusini)

Jim Otun of Fairfield, New Jersey uses his iPad to read a dua in the Quran at Zinnur Books in Paterson, New Jersey. (AP Photo/Rich Schultz)

A Palestinian boy plays with a homemade sparkler after breaking his fast during Ramadan, in the West Bank city of Ramallah, Monday, Aug. 16, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

Flood-affected people break their fast on the first day of the Muslim holy fasting month of Ramadan in a camp in Nowshera, Pakistan on Thursday, Aug. 12, 2010. Pakistani flood survivors, already short on food and water, began the fasting month of Ramadan on Thursday, a normally festive, social time marked this year by misery and fears of an uncertain future. (AP Photo/Mohammad Sajjad)

A Muslim man places a chart which marks the times to pray on a wall during the first day of Ramadan at a mosque in the southern Spanish town of Estepona, near Malaga August 11, 2010. (REUTERS/Jon Nazca)

A Sudanese man reads the Koran on the first Friday of Ramadan in a mosque at Umdowan Ban village outside Khartoum, Sudan on August 13, 2010. (REUTERS/Mohamed Nureldin Abdallah)

Indian Muslims take a break as birds fly around Firoz Shah Kotla Masjid after prayers on the first Friday of Ramadan in New Delhi on August 13, 2010. (PEDRO UGARTE/AFP/Getty Images)

A mahya reading "Hold the fast. find good health" hangs between the minarets of the Ottoman-era Eminonu New Mosque in Istanbul August 12, 2010. Mahya, where dangling lights suspended between minarets spell out devotional messages in huge letters, are intended to reward and inspire the faithful who have spent the daylight hours fasting. Today just a handful of Istanbul's mosques use Mahya, the phrases dictated by Turkey's directorate of religious affairs. (REUTERS/Murad Sezer)

Some 200 Muslims, inmates of the Quezon city jail in suburban Manila, are seen through a fence praying at the prison courtyard on August 13, 2010. The large Muslim minority in the Philippines - a country home to 75 million Catholics - is observing Ramadan, the holy fasting month of Islam. (JAY DIRECTO/AFP/Getty Images)

An Indian worker dries Seviiyan - thin vermicelli - which is used for the preparation of "sheerkhorma", a traditional sweet dish prepared by the Muslim community during the holy month of Ramadan at a food factory in Hyderabad on August 16, 2010. (NOAH SEELAM/AFP/Getty Images)

An Indian Muslim vendor separates the seeds of a pomegranate at a roadside stall in preparation for Muslims breaking their fast at sundown in Mumbai, India on August 19, 2010. (SAJJAD HUSSAIN/AFP/Getty Images)

A Palestinian woman's shadow is seen on a wall as she waits while attempting to cross the Kalandia checkpoint in order to go pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque on the third Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, between Jerusalem and the West Bank city of Ramallah on Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. Israel loosened some restrictions on Palestinian movement between the West Bank and Israel during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan.

sister herb
06-08-2011, 12:23 PM

Palestinian women walk past a barrier at an Israeli-controlled checkpoint on their way to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem, on the third Friday of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, in the West Bank town of Bethlehem, Friday, Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Nasser Shiyoukhi)

An Afghan confectioner holds a traditional sweet for Iftar, the evening meal during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 16, 2010 in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Majid Saeedi/Getty Images)

Muslim men pray before Iftar, the evening meal in the Muslim holy month of Ramadan at the London Muslim Centre on August 18, 2010 in London, England. (Dan Kitwood/Getty Images)

The shadow of a Palestinian Muslim praying at "fajr" or early morning prayer is cast on a pole, during the month of Ramadan at a mosque in the West Bank city of Ramallah on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

A child sits with a plate of food that was distributed as part of the holy month of Ramadan, at a refugee camp in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Saturday, Aug. 14, 2010. (AP Photo/Mustafa Quraishi)

Indonesian women pray during the first night of Ramadan in Jakarta on August 10, 2010. (ADEK BERRY/AFP/Getty Images)

A Palestinian Muslim man reads from the Quran, Islam's holy book, on "fajr" or early morning prayer, during Ramadan at a mosque in the West Bank city of Ramallah on Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

An Indian Muslim perfumer selects a bottle of ather (non-alcoholic perfume) for customers at his shop in Hyderabad on August 17, 2010. Muslims apply ather to their clothes as a traditional custom before going for daily prayers during the Holy month of Ramadan. Hyderabad is a well known place for selling Ather some 157 varieties of perfume available on the market. (NOAH SEELAM/AFP/Getty Images)

Children run around inside the premises of Jama mosque after Friday afternoon prayers in New Delhi, India, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/Saurabh Das)

A Palestinian Muslim worshiper walks in an alley of Jerusalem's Old City, on her way to pray at the Al Aqsa Mosque on the third Friday of Ramadan on Aug. 27, 2010. (AP Photo/Bernat Armangue)

A rainbow is seen as a Palestinian sprays water on Muslim worshipers leaving the Al-Aqsa Mosque compound to cool them off as the temperature rises, following the second Friday prayers of Ramadan, in Jerusalem's Old City, Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

Her hands decorated with henna, an Afghan Muslim woman takes part in evening prayers during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan on August 13, 2010 in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Majid Saeedi/Getty Images)

Shop owner Boualem Bensalem (left) prays in his flat with family and friends before for Iftar meal in Geneva, Switzerland on August 23, 2010. Switzerland is home to some 311,000 Muslims (4.3% of the population). (REUTERS/Denis Balibouse)

A Syrian Muslim girl stands at the top of Mount Qassioun, which overlooks Damascus city, during sunset and prays before eating her Iftar meal on August 22, 2010. (REUTERS/Khaled al-Hariri)

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Some cool pictures again. I like that one with the crescent moon over the minarets of the mosques in Egypt. Still not as cool as the first pic, but pretty cool anyway.

Endymion
06-10-2011, 01:59 PM
7th Rajab,1432 Hijri.

Days to go.....

:statisfie

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 02:22 PM
This will be my first Ramadan. I have to admit that I am really nervous about it.

Hannah.
06-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Can't wait <3

Just_A_Girl13
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
This will be my first Ramadan as well. I am a bit nervous but also extremely excited! :)

Peace be with you all

Endymion
06-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks for sharing those amazing Pictures,Hannah :statisfie I love pic # 2 & 3 :thumbs_up

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Yep, 2 and 3 are the best of that series. I especially like #3 with everyone bowing in perfect unison. I've always liked pictures like that, even when I was not a Muslim.

Ghazalah
06-10-2011, 08:11 PM

A Pakistan man prepares food stuff for Muslim devotees during a religious congregation at a mosque in Rawalpindi, Pakistan on Sunday, Aug. 31, 2008.

A Palestinian youth decorates a street in the West Bank city of Jenin. (AFP)

Bangladeshi orphan girls making dua before they break their fast

2878079779 219d226cca 1?v0 -

2875254122 2645473246 1?v0 -

2874280661 4281e494e9 1?v0 -

2875214827 d9ac98b636 1?v0 -

Who Am I?
06-11-2011, 04:33 AM
I was actually talking to some brothers tonight about how this will be my first Ramadan. They advised me to start practicing fasting now so that I can get used to it. I think I will start doing that so that I will be more prepared.

Riana17
06-11-2011, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just_A_Girl13
This will be my first Ramadan as well. I am a bit nervous but also extremely excited! :)

Peace be with you all
sis its good to fast, to make sure we are honest with our Creator, no one knows you we are really fasting except the One TRue God
it is also good to pray in fajr to make sure we are believers

إحسان
06-14-2011, 02:18 PM
As Salamu Alaykum wa RahmatAllah wa Barakatu,

Ramadan is nearly here! Time sure flies... Ramadan this year for me, will be definitely different without my mum Allah yar7ama, may Allah grant her Jannah inshAllah... It'll only be me, my older brother and my two older sisters. I can't even imagine it... But I'll try inshAllah to finish reading the Qur'an as much as I can during that time!

Who Am I?
06-14-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm trying to eat and drink less every day in preperation for Ramadan.

Endymion
06-15-2011, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Just a Guy
I'm trying to eat and drink less every day in preperation for Ramadan.
You better fast twice a week for the preparation.Its Sunnah and it will help you preparing for Ramadan.Less eating will make you weak,which will create problems during Ramadan.:statisfie

But any way,i pray that Allah SWT makes your Eman more strong and your Ramadan will be easy and healthy expirience for both your spirit and your health.Amen.:statisfie

P.S.Gosh,i did'nt know Ghazalah,Harb and Hannah got such amazing pics regarding this topic ^o)
Now im gonna steal them and will post them to the other forum pretending like i gathered these pictures for them :giggling: :D

Who Am I?
06-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah I'm building myself up to the fasting on the suggestion of a brother at the masjid. He said to start out with 6 hours a day and then slowly increase the amount of time that I fast... like 6 hours, then 7, then 8, etc. Soon enough inshallah I will be able to go all day without blinking an eye.

Just_A_Girl13
06-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I plan to practice fasting as well, although I used to fast for days at a time sometimes for my church, so inshallah I shouldn't have any trouble.

Endymion
07-20-2011, 06:24 PM
17th Shaban Al Moazzam

13 Days Left

Ramadan In Egypt. :)

abdussattar
07-21-2011, 12:38 AM

Is that dosa? o.O

BTW how are conditions in egypt?

sabr*
07-21-2011, 06:13 AM
As-Salāmu `Alaykum (السلام عليكم):

Free Ramadan Preparation Lectures

http://www.ramadanprep.com/

marwen
07-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Ramadhan Mubarak for all of you brothers and sisters. May Allah make it a very beneficial and blessed month for you.

Endymion
08-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Ramadan Kareem 2011,1432 Hijri.

May This Ramadan be as bright as ever.
May this Ramadan bring joy, health and wealth to you.

May the festival of lights brighten up you
and your near and dear ones lives.

May this Ramadan bring in u the most
brightest and choicest happiness and
love you have ever Wished for.

May this Ramadan bring you the
utmost in peace and prosperity.

May lights triumph over darkness.

May peace transcend the earth.

May the spirit of light illuminate the world.

May the light that we celebrate at Ramadan
show us the way and lead us together on the
path of peace and social harmony

“Wish you a very happy Ramadan Mubarak“

I found this poem some where and i wish you all the same.May Allah SWT bless you with the best of Dunyah and Aakhirah and save you from hell fire.Please forgive me if i ever hurt anyone and keep me in your doaa.

Have a blessed Ramadan Kareem.

Haya emaan
08-01-2011, 12:57 PM
1st ramadhan here today.. Alhamdulilah.. we are blessed to have this month once again ALHAMDULILAH .. yesterday was the first taraweh of the month.. and now preparing for the 1st aftaar :statisfie

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!