/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question (Help please)

Huzzy_786
06-07-2011, 07:33 PM
:sl:Brothers and Sisters,

Well basicly i was just wondering what islam says about critics and criticism because in every day life of a teen you find out that your best friend has been saying things behind your back or either they just say it in front of you, and others just laugh with them... Well basicly i mean what does islam say about two faced backstabbered? Or critics?

Can anyone help me?

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 12:13 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzzy_786
Well basicly i was just wondering what islam says about critics and criticism because in every day life of a teen you find out that your best friend has been saying things behind your back or either they just say it in front of you, and others just laugh with them... Well basicly i mean what does islam say about two faced backstabbered? Or critics?
Critics.... well, they're everywhere. It comes with the parcel called "life".

Those who openly criticize you and laugh at you aren't worthy of your friendship in my opinion. So it gets pretty clear who you can take as friends and who you can leave alone as mere acquaintances.

As for what Islam has to say, there's a verse in the Qur'an that says that when you hear people engaging in vain talk, you must turn away from them. I believe the sunnah is to turn away from such talk, overlook and forgive and go your separate way.

References:

"And when they hear vain talk, they turn away therefrom and say: 'To us our deeds, and to you yours; peace be to you: we seek not the ignorant.' (The Noble Quran, 28:55)"

"When thou seest men engaged in vain discourse about Our signs, turn away from them unless they turn to a different theme. If Satan ever makes thee forget, then after recollection, sit not thou in the company of those who do wrong. (The Noble Quran, 6:68)"

Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2011, 12:17 AM
:sl:Brothers and Sisters,

Can anyone help me?

:wa:
Asalaamu Alaikum, jazakallahu khayr for your question. One of the most important things we must do, which sadly a lot of us neglect, is that we should totallu avoid bad company. We should avoid taking as friends those who speak too freely, who miss Salah, who do not dress modestly, who backbite, slander and especially those who are two faced as you have described. Those are the people who when they are in front of you they talk about others and when you are not infront of them they talk about you.

From my experience in life so far i can tell you that bad company will never be of any benefit to you in this life or the next but will actually cause more harm than good. The company of such people is poison; just even sitting and talking with them will lead one to commit sins. Just as a person who sits for a long time with a perfume seller begins to smell nice, and a person who sits by a gutter cleaner begins to smell awful, similarly a person who spends time in the company of the wicked eventually gets affected badly by them.

Rather, we should seek out pious friends who fear Allah taala and who have the qualities of humility, charity, compassion, modesty and knowledge. If we sit with them we will always benefit and they will be a means for us to get closer to Allah taala!

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wasallam) said, “The case of the good companion and the bad companion is like that of the seller of musk and the blower of the bellows (iron-smith).

As for the seller of musk, he will either give you some of the musk, or you will purchase some from him, or at least you will come away having experienced its good smell. Whereas the blower of the bellows will either burn your clothing, or at least you will come away having experienced its repugnant smell.” [Al-Bukhaaree and Muslim].

So what you must do is to disregard such people and do not keep them as company or as friends for they are not your true friends. The true friend is he who will benefit you in this world and the next.

So seek out true friends from those who fear Allah and practise and pray and strive to get closer to Allah. Seek out those with good characters and piety. Keep close contact with the Masjid and attend Islamic courses etc and keep company those people who are doing the same.

Ask of Allah to give you true friends as company and those who will benefit you in this world and the next and help you to get closer to Allah and fear him.

Never keep bad friends because Remember: “All friends will be enemies of one another on that Day (Day of Judgment) except those of the virtuous.” (al-Qur’an 43:67)

May Allah give us all good and pious company who will help and benefit us in this world and the next. Ameen

And Allah knows best in all matters

tigerkhan
06-08-2011, 08:26 AM
criticism in islam...well in my mind there are few things.
1. islam say u should not search shortcomming in others.
2. if u see something wrong in someone, then u should not point out it in front of others. bcz its come in dis-honouring someone.
3. use wisdom to correct him in polite way.

and Allah SWT knows the best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huzzy_786
06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
Jazakallah brothers & sisters, but how ever you say do not stay in the commpany of them but like i've mentioned i am only 15 so i have to go school which would equal to me meeting them at school... So what would your suggestion be?

Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Jazakallah brothers & sisters, but how ever you say do not stay in the commpany of them but like i've mentioned i am only 15 so i have to go school which would equal to me meeting them at school... So what would your suggestion be?
:sl:

Your obviously going to come across them and speak to them that is fine but what we mean by keeping them as company is that you must not "hang around" with them. Speak to them here and there but in general try to keep company with practising brothers or those brothers who have a good character and you know will not speak bad about you.

Hang around with those who do their work and keep out of trouble and do not do major sins. You can choose who you hang around with so choose good company and choose not to hang around with bad company. This is for your own good in this world and the next. Bad company will eventually lead you astray and you will be doing and acting the way they act. Whether we like it or not we are who ur friends are and if our friends are doing bad things then we will eventually start doing those bad things to.

Make the best of your youth in the worship of Allah. Strive to get closer to Allah and imagine him watching you no matter what you do. Know that this is the best time in your life to do everything to please Allah and keep away from anything which angers or displeases him.

So ask of Allah sincerly for good company and to bring you closer to him. Establish a close connection with the Masjid and pray all of your fard Salaah there.

Get into Islamic courses and memorise the Qur'an as much as you can because it is easier at your age and the rewards of memorising the Qur'an are endless.

Read through this:

30 ways the youth should spend everyday of their lives!

http://www.islamicboard.com/manners-...eir-lives.html

If you need anymore help or advice with anything at all then please do not hesitate to ask.

And Allah knows best in all matters

Huzzy_786
06-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Jazakallah brother! You've helped me alot! I'll try my best to do this, make dua that allah makes it easy for me!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!