/* */

PDA

View Full Version : World Atheist Convention

Uthman
06-08-2011, 09:27 AM
:salamext:

Watch Hamza Tzortzis and iERA at the World Atheist Convention doing what they do best!

Prof. Myers was sneering at first, but soon began to take Hamza seriously. And well, Dawkins ran off at the first opportunity.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
06-08-2011, 03:33 PM
salaam

what the???? world athiest convention -all these guys are part of a religion.

peace

Uthman
06-08-2011, 03:55 PM
Actually, to be fair to Dawkins, maybe he genuinely had to go somewhere and wasn't running off. Or just couldn't be bothered.

In any case, I really liked how polite and civil Hamza and Adnan remained in the face of sheer rudeness and condescension, especially from Prof. Myers.

GuestFellow
06-08-2011, 05:46 PM
:wa:

Thanks Uthman for posting this!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Perseveranze
06-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Hamza's very smart Mashallah, enjoyed the debate, was civil.

gladTidings
06-08-2011, 07:01 PM

=)

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

Jazakallaahu Khaayr for sharing

Enjoyed the discussion..and i discovered what Richard Dawkins looks like..

.. peace ..

Ramadhan
06-09-2011, 06:08 AM
If this prof. Myers is what they have as the best among atheists... well it's embarrassing.
And it is true that atheists, like this prof. Myers, are usually responding against christian concept of God and creation, and they are stumped when presented with Islam.

Ramadhan
06-09-2011, 06:15 AM
For a prominent atheist, and a professor at that, Myers made so many assumptions without evidence.
I thought atheists always have this belief that belief must be supported with evidence?
LOL.

aadil77
06-09-2011, 08:22 AM
IERA is getting very big, we're now doing the job that christians have been unable to do with these militant atheists

Hamza Tzortis and Adnan Rashid are no pushovers, the only reason people were laughing at them was cause they were all atheists present, I've personally seen them demolish atheists from oxford and get all the non-atheist audience laughing at them

Perseveranze
06-09-2011, 04:14 PM
^Despite that, interestingly from the comments on youtube the Athiests consider both of the Muslim Apologetics "very brave", and I'm pretty sure some have grown a sense of appreciation.

iERA
01-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Jazakallah-khair for this thread!

Have you guys been to any of our free dawah training courses? See MissionDawah. com for more info.

Abz2000
01-27-2012, 04:32 PM
where's their constitution, i'd really like to read it

CosmicPathos
01-28-2012, 12:31 AM
the manifesto is to end all religions and begin a new era of human civilization.

UmmuShaheed
02-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Mashallah May Allah bless Hamza for his work.
And Jazakallah for sharing

atheistbynature
02-07-2012, 04:24 PM
I think it must depend greatly on your world view how you interpret these debates because after watching it it seems to me that Myers/Aronra did much better in the debate.

Uthman
02-07-2012, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the post. I agree that debates aren't exactly the best way to establish the truth of the subject matter at hand. The focus for both sides of a debate tends to be on "winning" as opposed to arriving at the truth. People who observe debates will often just vie for their "own side" to win (if they already have a view on the subject) rather than actually contemplating the arguments of the opposing side.

Uthman
02-07-2012, 06:27 PM
Having said that, you'll notice that Hamza doesn't just disagree for the sake of disagreeing. He actually agreed with what Myers said a lot of the time but just didn't see how what Myers said applied as a refutation or criticism of Islam.

It may also be worth mentioning that Myers is now saying something different about the Qur'anic account of the development of the human embryo. He no longer says that the Qur'an is wrong; instead he says that the Qur'anic account is vague so can be made to fit just about any reasonable observation. This is in light of the paper that Hamza later wrote on embryology in the Qur'an to be found here. The paper also contains a dismantling of the plagiarisation thesis, essentially laying to rest any suggestion that the Prophet somehow managed to copy from the works of Galen and Aristotle.

Crystal
02-07-2012, 06:38 PM
I love how the atheists are always going on and on about not being part of a group and not be indoctrinated with views of group and then they have all these conventions. Although the Christian and Islamic perception of God is different I think they should work together on this issue to prevent future generations becoming atheist which is starting to be a problem in my own country I have noticed where people say they don't believe in God even though they don't know why. The more information we give people the more easier it will be for them to make informed decisions.

atheistbynature
02-07-2012, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal
I love how the atheists are always going on and on about not being part of a group and not be indoctrinated with views of group and then they have all these conventions. Although the Christian and Islamic perception of God is different I think they should work together on this issue to prevent future generations becoming atheist which is starting to be a problem in my own country I have noticed where people say they don't believe in God even though they don't know why. The more information we give people the more easier it will be for them to make informed decisions.
I don't think atheists are normally indoctrinated, rather you start as an atheist and then are indoctrinated by parents or whoever. I don't see why you want, or feel you need to stop the next generation of atheists, if it is obvious that Islam is right they will surely realise this by themselves.

But I agree that we should educate people on the facts, as education increases religiosity decreases though so it might not help your case.:p

Uthman
02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by correctopinions
rather you start as an atheist and then are indoctrinated by parents or whoever.
Are you sure about that? ^o)

(If you want to talk more about that, it's better to do so in the respective threads so that we don't go off-topic here).

atheistbynature
02-07-2012, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Are you about that ^o)

(If you want to talk more about that, it's better to do so in the respective threads so that we don't go off-topic here).
I was talking about religion specifically not belief in god, there's a difference.

To be fair i was replying to another post that was already off topic. But yes you're right.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!