/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Brothas act like this

Ansariyah
06-08-2011, 09:44 AM
When they see Non-Muslim Girls they let their guard down, behaving inappropriately (I'll spare u the details).

But when the girl in Hijab walks by, he switches to a Shaikh^o), criticizing her from head to toe.

Doesn't all this acting get tiring?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
May Ayob
06-08-2011, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanoorah
When they see Non-Muslim Girls they let their guard down, behaving inappropriately (I'll spare u the details). But when the girl in Hijab walks by, he switches to a Shaikh, criticizing her from head to toe. Doesn't all this acting get tiring?
I know this might be mean and all , but these type of men or guys have no self respect at all , in my eyes they are nothing and i think they are not even worthy to make a thread for. It's bad enough that they have sometype of personality disorder.That they have 2 faces , Sister let me give you advice when someone criticises you ignore them and act as if you didnt hear a single word.
A true believer does not go criticising the women in islam and treat them with no respect infact he is not even supposed to be speaking about women at all due to the fact that he is a man let alone criticise them.
These people should fear God in their actions , let me give you a funny experience.
3 years ago my family decided to go to Umrah , and me and my siblings all went, im supposed to be the middle child and so i had to take care of my little sister and make sure she had everything ready. My sister asked me to tell her about the prophet PBUH and i tried telling her about his character as much as i could at that time , i didnt know that there was a bunch of Saudi guys who are actually muslims ofcorse , right infront of me giving me dirty looks and staring at me the funny thing all the tough guy acts were made to me , and not the non muslim , woman wearing the middle skirt that showed more than half her legs out! and you can almost see every single part of her body how did they treat her , just as fancy as any guy would want to treat and elegant english woman.
I then realised that these people cant be honest people i mean i was only 17 and these guys were well of into there 25s if not 30s.
I also realised that there are some people who leave their religion behind their backs and they want to show people that they have no loyalty or respect to their religion or to the people that follow it.

I hope this helps :)
Salaam

May Ayob
06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Sorry i didnt mention that all this happened in the Airport.

Muhaba
06-08-2011, 01:00 PM
as i read in a story, it isn't just the chameleaon (sp) that changes color with the environment.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Darth Ultor
06-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Well, if a man does this, he's a hypocrite.

marwen
06-08-2011, 01:32 PM
well yes, hypocrites always exist.
I have seen some "muslim" guys doing a lot of indecent things, and it's sad to see this because it hurts the people who recieve these bad gazes and also it harms the picture of islam. A muslim should be careful how he acts, because he may be the first muslim some people knew, and may be the last.
That's said. It's always good not to generalize an observation or an experience, to avoid being paranoïd about every person we meet.

Getoffmyback
06-08-2011, 01:38 PM
If You're talking about those hijabis who wears long latex boots and tuck under it a tight rugged jeans and a tight che gi vara long sleeves tshirt and a cone head hijab full of swarovski crystals and facial foundation that is lighter than her skinn color plus a green eye liner to match the color of her shirt and a ferari red lips stick to match with her red belt then sure i will criticis her . But to tell you the truth they are head turners for me more than any other girls cos of their unusual look.

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 02:06 PM
I'm having to unlearn everything I've ever known about women. I'm not quite used to the seperation of women from men and the women wearing hijab yet, but the more I am around it, the more comfortable I become. I am actually beginning to appreciate it as it helps me from being distracted from what I'm trying to accomplish.

It fits my personality anyway as I've always been a bit uncomfortable around women anyway.

Beardo
06-08-2011, 02:34 PM
When they see Non-Muslim Girls they let their guard down, behaving inappropriately (I'll spare u the details).

But when the girl in Hijab walks by, he switches to a Shaikh^o), criticizing her from head to toe.

Oh, no, it's not tiring at all. Or at least, not for me... No, kidding, lol. I try to act the same with everyone.

But I'd say it's not just brothers. I'm not the one to judge, but sometimes I see sisters doing the same thing.

GuestFellow
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM

:sl:

I'm not sure. :/

aadil77
06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
because they're two faced hypocrites

some muslims especially people like these think its alrite to mess around with non-muslims girls but not with muslim ones

Reflections
06-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Hmm..I think sisters sometimes call in this category too at times..it's a shame

May Ayob
06-08-2011, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bint Abi
Hmm..I think sisters sometimes call in this category too at times..it's a shame
Salaam sis, what do you mean? i hope you can clarify

Salam , i just remembered an Islamic Proverb- I think it is sufi one. i read a time ago : A hypocrite is the one who has no problem in having relations with other non mahram women , but when it gets to another man doing the same thing with his female family members he gets furious and angry.
Salaam

جوري
06-08-2011, 03:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
If You're talking about those hijabis who wears long latex boots and tuck under it a tight rugged jeans and a tight che gi vara long sleeves tshirt and a cone head hijab full of swarovski crystals and facial foundation that is lighter than her skinn color plus a green eye liner to match the color of her shirt and a ferari red lips stick to match with her red belt then sure i will criticis her . But to tell you the truth they are head turners for me more than any other girls cos of their unusual look.
loved the details on that down to the color of the eyeliner ..

جوري
06-08-2011, 03:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Salaam sis, what do you mean? i hope you can clarify

Salam , i just remembered an Islamic Proverb- I think it is sufi one. i read a time ago : A hypocrite is the one who has no problem in having relations with other non mahram women , but when it gets to another man doing the same thing with his female family members he gets furious and angry.
Salaam
I knew someone in grad school like that, forced two of his sisters to wear hijab, and was sampling all the girls on campus.. astghfor Allah.. May Allah swt yihdeeh...

:w:

May Ayob
06-08-2011, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by τhε ṿαlε'ṡ lïlÿ
I knew someone in grad school like that, forced two of his sisters to wear hijab, and was sampling all the girls on campus.. astghfor Allah.. May Allah swt yihdeeh...
Very common especially in the Arab world.

Mr.President
06-08-2011, 04:00 PM
This world is filled with desires some muslims are happy enjoying these materialistic fitna desires ! may be if ur age is between 15-26 ur freinds and somef ur relatives will tel u be neutral, "if u nt going to enjoy in this age wen r u gonna enjoy ?" and if u have a beard and u r trouser is above ankle theyll call dibs on u and advice u to be neutral I hate wen they say be neutral !!!!
pathetic worldly love

btw abt this post : u cannot blame brothers the correct view is there are many Hippocrates among brothers and as well as sisters they love this world

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Well it's the same everywhere, and not just in the Arab world. I've been guilty of it myself. I used to check out girls all the time and then get mad when some random dude eyed my sister.

I think it's more of a man thing and not necessarily a Muslim thing.

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-08-2011, 05:47 PM
Assalaamu Alaaykum

I think we can include sistahs also :-\
Allaah knows best, may Allaah guide those who are in such situations, some people need to focus on themselves before they start looking down or judging another etc etc..

format_quote Originally Posted by marwen
well yes, hypocrites always exist.
I have seen some "muslim" guys doing a lot of indecent things, and it's sad to see this because it hurts the people who recieve these bad gazes and also it harms the picture of islam. A muslim should be careful how he acts, because he may be the first muslim some people knew, and may be the last.
That's said. It's always good not to generalize an observation or an experience, to avoid being paranoïd about every person we meet.
I agree..

format_quote Originally Posted by Getoffmyback
lol@ rugged jeans and a cone head hijab full of swarovskhi crystals ..and eye liner to match her t-shirt..:-\

yeah i guess we need to advice someone if we can or make du'aa for their guidance..do as much as we are able to insha'Allaah

.. peace ..

Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2011, 05:59 PM

Asalaamu Alaikum, yes sister surely this is hypocrisy but it also applies to women as well as men. There was a sister on this forum who made a comment very recently saying that she feels more comfortable interacting with non Muslim men simply because in front of a Muslim guy she feels that she has to keep some sort of level of respect. I have seen this happen a lot over the years in so clearly it applies both ways.

May Allah save us from these evils. Ameen

May Ayob
06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
a sister on this forum who made a comment very recently saying that she feels more comfortable interacting with non Muslim men simply because in front of a Muslim guy she feels that she has to keep some sort of level of respect. I have seen this happen a lot over the years in so clearly it applies both ways
Salaam brother Hamza i think i know who you are talking about but i also think that it is not very nice mentioning this. very sorry but it wouldnt be in anyones favor to accuse her of hypocrisy. i hope i didnt not offend you
Salaam

Darth Ultor
06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Hey, not all Muslim men wear Arab, Persian, or Indian clothes. Even very devout ones wear western clothing, so can't that be a temptation too? Some don't even have a beard.

Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Well, if a man does this, he's a hypocrite.
Good observation!!!

Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2011, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by May Ayob
Salaam brother Hamza i think i know who you are talking about but i also think that it is not very nice mentioning this. very sorry but it wouldnt be in anyones favor to accuse her of hypocrisy. i hope i didnt not offend you
Salaam
Asalaamu Alaikum, just to clarify sister i did not accuse her of saying anything wrong for i actually agree with her statement. I mentioned her statement in context because of the fact that many of us may naturally act differently in front of other respectable Muslims and that is a good thing but my point in mentioning it was that it applies to both men and women.

But i do not agree with a person who mess around with those of the opposite sex whether they are Muslim or non Muslim and at the same time think they have a right to critisice Muslims of the opposite sex. This is hypocrisy and again it applies to both men and women.

If a person is practising and they see a member of the same sex acting, behaving and dressing innappropriatley then they should approach them and give them dawah inviting them towards good and forbidding evil in a gentle manner using wisdom and tact but we should not approach members of the opposite sex for dawah except that those of the same sex should do that.

And Allah knows best in all matters

May Ayob
06-08-2011, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah
Asalaamu Alaikum, just to clarify sister i did not accuse her of anything. I simply mentioned her statement in context because of the fact that many of us may naturally act differently in front of other respectable Muslims and that is a good thing and that applies to both men and women. But i do not agree with a person who mess around with those of the opposite sex whether they are Muslim or non Muslim and at the same time think they have a right to critisice Muslims of the opposite sex. This is hypocrisy. Bu it applies to both men and women. And Allah knows best in all matters
Salaam
I am sorry , i take back what i said
Salaam

Rhubarb Tart
06-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Funny how we are overprotective when it comes to brothers but if this thread was about sisters! Very few will say it is brothers too!
Yeah it wrong to generalise but this forum does it a lot towards the sisters especially the ones that work or about clothing, non Muslims and young people in general! So apply the same rule to everyone or don’t apply it at all! Otherwise the thread starter is entitled to generalise!

GuestFellow
06-08-2011, 07:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
Hey, not all Muslim men wear Arab, Persian, or Indian clothes. Even very devout ones wear western clothing, so can't that be a temptation too? Some don't even have a beard.
It depends on the clothing, as long as it is not too tight or see-through or too revealing. As for the beard, some scholars argue that keeping a beard is not required but shaving is still strongly discouraged. I think small things can lead to temptation. I know some Muslim men that were attracted to some Muslim women wearing the Hijab.

The purpose behind the Islamic dress code is to reduce the risk of looking attractive, it will not eliminate it. I would like to add, to look attractive and to look smart are two different things...

EDIT:

Being devout is purely subjective...you can grow a beard, pray namaz 5 times a day, fast and perform hajj and still commit major sins like backbiting.

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 07:14 PM
Women in hijab can still be attractive. Not all of a woman is looks... there is intelligence and a sense of humor also.

Ramadhan
06-09-2011, 04:48 AM
Hypocrites people exist in all dimensions, men or women.

The most striking view I saw was a month ago in a shopping mall in Jakarta:
There was a man and woman walking together, I guess they were both arabs, or at least the man was, as the woman was wearing complete niqab, so she can be anything lol. It was striking because while the woman was wearing fully covered black niqab that you almost couldnt see the eyes, the man was wearing very tight sleeveless t-shirt with some trendy images and wearing very tight knee length skinny jeans. He was in his 20s I think.

I had a non-practicing muslim work colleague ("non practicing" is a kind word to describe him actually) who was walking with me and he said "This is what I don't like about Islam. Women are subjugated and forced to wear that (niqab) while men can wear and do anything".
So I had to explain to him that the tight shirt-wearing man was not observing Islamic rules on dressing and clothing and modesty and that he shouldn't judge Islam on what some muslims are doing or wearing, even if they are arabs.

Ansariyah
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
My intention starting this thread was not to point the finger at anyone (I'm sorry if I came across that way). I just wanted to know why people act like this? I think it's kinda two-faced when people people like to preach but they are far from practicing that same thing themselves.

7ssam
06-09-2011, 08:56 AM
very interesting topic. I wouldn't know why they would act that way but the best thing to do, if a brother is acting like that, is for another brother to calmly speak to him about it. If there is a problem in talking to him, i mean he doesn't take kindly to advice, all you can do then is make dua that Allah guides him.

Hannah.
06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
There is always a tendency among men and women alike to forget that Allah (swt) is watching our every move.
In my opinion I think some people just like to get their own way for everything, ignoring the fact that they could be sinning.

tigerkhan
06-09-2011, 09:54 AM
2 or 3 days back i was passing and i saw a girl. she has hijab on head but wearing a short sleeves shirt and her whole arms are naked... alhumdullaih i am too shy person and i always lower my gaze, but when i passed her, i was shocked and hurt... one one hand she was wearing hijab and on other ???

GuestFellow
06-09-2011, 10:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah.
There is always a tendency among men and women alike to forget that Allah (swt) is watching our every move.
In my opinion I think some people just like to get their own way for everything, ignoring the fact that they could be sinning.

The best explanation so far.

Starrynight
07-10-2011, 06:38 PM
^Yes I agree. That is a good way of explaining it.

I don't wear a hijab at this point, but I do cover up everything else. I don't wear makeup and all I do is brush my hair and pull it back. Usually I have become safe from inappropriate guys, but when they still make comments or look in gross ways I feel blecky. I am thankful though that I have not noticed this from any Muslim men because I think I would be very sad for them.

Who Am I?
07-10-2011, 07:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Starrynight
^Yes I agree. That is a good way of explaining it.

I don't wear a hijab at this point, but I do cover up everything else. I don't wear makeup and all I do is brush my hair and pull it back. Usually I have become safe from inappropriate guys, but when they still make comments or look in gross ways I feel blecky. I am thankful though that I have not noticed this from any Muslim men because I think I would be very sad for them.

Sister, jerks are always going to be jerks no matter what you look like or what you do to prevent that. Don't let it bother you too much.

Starrynight
07-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Assalamu alaykum brother :)
Yes, it used to bother me more. But now I'm becoming better at controlling my temper ^_^

Yanal
07-10-2011, 10:00 PM

It happens around the world,not every person does this nor do only brothers.Perhaps the change in attitude comes from the Shaitaan whispering things into the minds...

Starrynight
07-11-2011, 05:49 AM
^ Yes, it could be....Inshallah people will grow stronger though and fight against the words that the devil whispers to us...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!