/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves about religion

Darth Ultor
06-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Well, this is actually about how people practice religion. What gets on my nerves the most is people giving human personality traits to God. Like people getting all jumpy and worrying if they've offended God with something they said. No, God knows when you mean to insult or disobey Him and when it's a slip of the tongue or just a simple mistake. Another is people getting maniacally depressed and say "Boo hoo hoo, I'm going to Hell, I have failed my Lord." If people are really worried about the afterlife, they would not give up on themselves, they would seek ways to slowly move away from the sinful temptation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Flame of Hope
06-08-2011, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
If people are really worried about the afterlife, they would not give up on themselves
I agree. A believer never gives in to despair.

Who Am I?
06-08-2011, 07:17 PM
Well it's only natural to assign human traits to God because that is our only form of reference. When I was a Christian, I was always told that God created me "in His image." So naturally I thought God had a sense of humor because I'm a big joker. I always wondered why the Bible spoke lowly of dogs because I love dogs. I used to get angry at God for being a dog hater, as stupid as that sounds now.

Lynx
06-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Religious people that act like God doesn't know what's in their hearts.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dirt 101
06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
One of my astonishments, and wonders about my fellow beings, especially in regard to this subject, would be...

Absolutely NO comprehension nor appreciation of the nature nor depth of the human brain/mind; it's powers and
it's absolutely indescribable and incredible imaginative, outrageously awesome everything... all of it.

Everyone is going on and on, in most elaborate ways, about the power and wonder, love and compassion of their particular religion and their god, not realizing where the real power, compassion, wonder, awesomeness and love lies and where it comes from. All the wonders, all the love, all the hatred and fear, all the identification, all the questions, all the hope and faith and all of it... is within.

And all the answers are within, as well...

Know thyself. That was the injunction and command or suggestion.
Yet everyone wants to be a scholar of the books and sayings, they want to perform the rites and rituals perfectly
according to tradition and they want to visit the holy sites and wear the correct clothes and so on
to indicate their affiliation and belonging as one of the group. Ane each group is basically exclusive and considered as THE group
following THE way... without a question or a doubt. Amazing.

They will be amazed one day to learn that the holiest of all sites is within themselves.

How sensitive and absolutely knowing, that infinitely amazing part of us all which can detect the subtle and beautiful smile of a sleeping baby, and respond with feelings of intense wonder and heartfelt love and feelings of watching-over and wanting to give protection.

How amazing to hear and feel! a symphony orchestra perform some incredible musical work of art, and be sitting in the middle, right down in front!

How free and breezy and fun is a thrilling motorcycle ride on a summer's day!

How good it is to work hard and taste a glass of cool, refreshing water.

How unbelievable the most ordinary sights and sounds... and we are aware, yet unaware, of what it takes to be aware. This process of living awareness which can feel and think and see and hear and taste and wonder and weep and anger and surf and chill and blog and do everything and anything... and when it's gone, we can do nothing... Do we ever consider?

The imagination! Nothing can be said. Everything can be described except the wonder. We are that wonder. We are the supreme creation of and in existence. The human being, which is still under the process of change, like everything else, is the miracle in the miracle and within that mind, perception, awareness, consciousness, feeling, emotion, thought... everything.

There is a gift by which the gift that we are may be explored and appreciated. Within us is something we have yet to
discover.

We don't appreciate this! What we are! Us! Me! You! Life!
Everyone wants to see a stone weep and call it a miracle whilst
totally unaware of the FIRST miracle... This body IS THE TEMPLE, the dwelling, the HOME,
the RESIDENCE. No where else.

There are tiny ripples on the surface of the water, they are rippling within my perception, within this brain and this mind. The sunlight is reflecting from a million, million points. The subtle, quick shadow of a bird flying by was just noticed. Immediately, it was known! It was totally an automatic perception, done at lightning speed! A computer attached to a camera could have caught the motion, but could a computer reflect upon it's power of perception... or the appreciation I feel or my inner feeling when a bird lands gently to drink water at the bird-bath in my yard? As his feet touch down, I feel the sound and weight, I feel the perfect balance, I fold my wings, I take
a look around, I bend to drink the water, I breathe again.

Simple, basic, human being breathing living miracle... nothing added. The reality.

Darth Ultor
10-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Old topic, but I'll add to one of my peeves. God forgives those who are truly repentant for their sins.

Flame of Hope
10-28-2011, 08:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Boaz
God forgives those who are truly repentant for their sins.
Hi! Yes, that's true. Because it is only when one is truly repentant .... that he will stop doing what he previously used to do. AND make attempts to do better... so as to wipe out the evil of past actions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!