/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Like To Play With Us??

Endymion
06-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Three cheetahs spare tiny antelope's life... and play with him instead

Hello little antelope, would you like to play with us?

Coming from three deadly cheetahs, it's the kind of invitation that's best refused - but amazingly, this impala escaped unscathed from its encounter.

Luckily for the youngster, it seems these three male cheetahs simply weren't hungry.

No claws for alarm: Astonishingly, these cheetahs, whose instinct is to hunt for food, decide to play with this baby impala

That's because unlike other big cats, the cheetah hunts in the daytime, either in the early morning or late afternoon. The bursts of speed needed to catch their prey tire them out - meaning they need to rest after a kill.

And that seems to be the secret to the antelope's survival, as it's likely it fell into the cheetahs' clutches when they were already full - and tired out - from an earlier hunt.

Photographer Michel Denis-Huot, who captured these amazing pictures on safari in Kenya's Masai Mara in October last year, said he was astounded by what he saw.

'These three brothers have been living together since they left their mother at about 18 months old,' he said. 'On the morning we saw them, they seemed not to be hungry, walking quickly but stopping sometimes to play together.

Sticking your neck out: Oblivious to the danger, the impala appears to return the affection to the cheetahs

New found friends: The new-found friends part with a farewell lick

'At one point, they met a group of impala who ran away. But one youngster was not quick enough and the brothers caught it easily.'

These extraordinary scenes followed, as the cheetahs played with the young impala the way a domestic cat might play with a ball of string.

Sprint finish: Impala is off the menu as the youngster makes its exit

'They knocked it down, but then they lost interest,' said Michel. 'For more than 15 minutes, they remained with the young antelope without doing anything other than licking it or putting their paws on the impala's head.'

Even more extraordinarily, this story has a happy ending - after one tense moment when it looked as though one cheetah would bite the impala on the neck, the youngster ran away.

Let's hope it didn't tell all its friends how nice those big, scarylooking cheetahs really are when you get to know them.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
06-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I want a cheetah.

Let's hope it didn't tell all its friends how nice those big, scarylooking cheetahs really are when you get to know them.
LOL!

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 02:30 PM
This reminds me of something I saw on TV once. It was an animal documentary that showed a lionness adopting and nursing a young antelope.

I found a link about it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1905363.stm

Ğħαrєєвαħ
06-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Amazing! They look soo cute together

I wonder what the cheetahs are like when they're hungry :-\

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hannah.
06-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Its a good thing they weren't hungry!
Here's one cuddling a baby baboon:

So cute!

Who Am I?
06-10-2011, 05:11 PM
I'm still a sucker for any animal documentary. If one is on and I am watching TV, I must check it out.

Animals are cool, mashallah.

Flame of Hope
06-10-2011, 08:55 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
I want a cheetah.
Me too. Two orders for cheetah, Endymion! lol. They are too cute. Masha'allah!

yas2010
06-10-2011, 09:57 PM
They Mercy of Allah (swt) is shown in so many ways. MashAllah.

JazakAllah Endymion for sharing. :)

Danah
06-10-2011, 10:43 PM
SubhanAllah thats amazing!

Remind me of a video I watched long time ago of a cheetah (if I can recall correctly) who killed a monkey mom and when he killed her he noticed that she had her baby, so he went to the baby to play with him like her mother!

Animals have emotions too....subhanAllah!

Perseveranze
06-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Subhanallah, animals showing mercy. Humans should think about that one.

Who Am I?
06-11-2011, 04:40 AM
I came back just to say that I really like that pic of the cheetah licking the impala on the neck. Even the impala looks surprised at that.

Reflections
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
^ I thought it got a little bored with it's friend and was going to just get ready for another meal..Those cheetahs look absolutely beautiful, especially their eyes in particular.

Amanda
06-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Awww... so cute!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!